Guest NachoMM1

So now that that is out of the way. How about some sea stories?

Has anyone ever heard of someone turning down their anchors (not including folks on terminal leave)?

5 minutes ago, NachoMM1 said:

Has anyone ever heard of someone turning down their anchors (not including folks on terminal leave)?

Not “turning down”, but my undisclosed rate was going to have a big shift in duty stations for chiefs, so I know a lot that purposely failed the exam so they wouldn’t have to move. It was obvious when we saw how many didn’t make board. 🤣

39 minutes ago, NachoMM1 said:

Yes. When I was a very young sea pup back in like 2008, guy started season, didn’t agree with some things and just said no thanks. He was getting out about 6 months after pinning so he didn’t care much. Pissed off a lot of others that didn’t make it because he “took a quota away” from them. 

So I will be back to sea in a year, but I'm undecided on what platform (CVN, DDG, CG) I should go for with the greatest opportunity for impact as far as FCPO/command wise. Does anyone have any advice they could give. I've only been a Div LPO on one CVN, and LPO/SS on one LPD but this was filling gap billet 1of1. I hear DDGs are great for standing out but I hear the OPTEMPO is very high. So far I haven't had the opportunity to serve on an FCPOA committee yet, or big command collaterals SAPR/CMEO etc. Taken care of my sailors and job performance are first and foremost, but I'm trying to think of things that I can improve and learn. Been on DCTT/OOD (I/P), chaired JS/BJ qtr/yr boards, have MOVSM but no degree. 

Guest FC_life
36 minutes ago, MMN said:

Yes. When I was a very young sea pup back in like 2008, guy started season, didn’t agree with some things and just said no thanks. He was getting out about 6 months after pinning so he didn’t care much. Pissed off a lot of others that didn’t make it because he “took a quota away” from them. 

Guest FC_life

I haven't seen anyone turn down anchors but I have heard about people who don't go through the season..... none of it was good. I have seen a guy go through season, get pinned then about a week before getting paid was busted back to first.

4 minutes ago, CS1 said:

Now second guessing myself on page count i was thinking 38-40 but put 47 when more joined and posted memes oh well let's just get the results. 

I forgot to mention that the count is locked because of the high stakes in this matter. :huh:

Thanks to our Snoopy Team, this is what we have: (Not Official)

Tentatively Scheduled FY-21 Selection Board Results
18 Nov 11 EST TRIAD
19 Nov 11 EST NAVADMIN

🤔 So we have:

"What page will this thread be on when the results are released?"

40 - PO1(IW/FMF)
43 - BESTTHEREIS
44 - navyordie123
46 - FCAguy
47 - CS1
50 - subguy10524
52 - NC1 EL
56 - FC_life
66 - DocMix
72 - MMN
75 - Jay-Dub
87 - Pebz
88 - Helo_AO
100 - Ord31

Guest NachoMM1
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I forgot to mention that the count is locked because of the high stakes in this matter. :huh:

Thanks to our Snoopy Team, this is what we have: (Not Official)

Tentatively Scheduled FY-21 Selection Board Results
18 Nov 11 EST TRIAD
19 Nov 11 EST NAVADMIN

🤔 So we have:

"What page will this thread be on when the results are released?"

40 - PO1(IW/FMF)
43 - BESTTHEREIS
44 - navyordie123
46 - FCAguy
47 - CS1
50 - subguy10524
52 - NC1 EL
56 - FC_life
66 - DocMix
72 - MMN
75 - Jay-Dub
87 - Pebz
88 - Helo_AO
100 - Ord31

Ord31 better get moving on some memes over the next 19 hours. 🤣

Guest BESTTHEREIS
20 minutes ago, OrdieLife said:

With Hampton roads going back into HPCON Charlie I wonder how that is going affect the season especially with it changing on the day that they come out 

My command isn't allowing for group PT anyway.  We're on blue and gold shift, to my understanding theyre going to focus on mainly training and less on PT.   Im not sure if that's the plan for every command in HR.