FY-21 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

3 minutes ago, osiris0107 said:

When are these quotas coming out!!! :o

Last year they came out after the board finished up. Recently, I've been hearing rumors it won't come out until or right before the results come out. Unknowns are the worst.  So for now I'm just focusing on that "S" in BOL and my name on the navadmin. I'm more sure about that then guessing dates. 😂

Guest PerdiemWarrior
12 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

When are these quotas coming out!!! :o

LDO/CWO FB page posted that they will not come out till right before or at the same time the NAVADMIN goes live.

Heres some fun facts Last 4 NAVADMINS came out between Feb 22- Mar 01; (22-23) are over the weekend; so nothing will drop then. That leaves us with the 24-28th; I would bet that it goes live sometime during that week. (1701Z/1540Z/1547Z/1654Z) Those times in zulu were the times that they released the announcing NAVADMIN. So lets avergaes those out and you get 1610Z. But we can go deeper here. (FEB16/MAR17/MAR18/FEB19), if you were to follow this pattern the results would go live MAR2020 so the second. But lets see what days the last 4 NAVADMINS went live starting with FY16 :Thursday; 

FY17 Wednesday; FY18 Thursday, FY19 Friday. So i have now broken the code and the NAVADMIN will come out Feb 27 2020 at 1600Z (1000pm) CST. Friday morning, the last working day of the month you will wake up in anticipation and excitement to check your selection status and BOL will not load cause the website is down. The End.

Guest osiris0107
9 hours ago, PerdiemWarrior said:

LDO/CWO FB page posted that they will not come out till right before or at the same time the NAVADMIN goes live.

Heres some fun facts Last 4 NAVADMINS came out between Feb 22- Mar 01; (22-23) are over the weekend; so nothing will drop then. That leaves us with the 24-28th; I would bet that it goes live sometime during that week. (1701Z/1540Z/1547Z/1654Z) Those times in zulu were the times that they released the announcing NAVADMIN. So lets avergaes those out and you get 1610Z. But we can go deeper here. (FEB16/MAR17/MAR18/FEB19), if you were to follow this pattern the results would go live MAR2020 so the second. But lets see what days the last 4 NAVADMINS went live starting with FY16 :Thursday; 

FY17 Wednesday; FY18 Thursday, FY19 Friday. So i have now broken the code and the NAVADMIN will come out Feb 27 2020 at 1600Z (1000pm) CST. Friday morning, the last working day of the month you will wake up in anticipation and excitement to check your selection status and BOL will not load cause the website is down. The End.

I am not sure of your rate, but I would love to send my taxes. You're a genius and possibly a recluse, which in my opinion we need more of in the Navy, lol.

Guest PerdiemWarrior
11 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

I am not sure of your rate, but I would love to send my taxes. You're a genius and possibly a recluse, which in my opinion we need more of in the Navy, lol.

images.jpg.ba30494f8b28812f9d98db738138061d.jpg

Guest Determinism

We've probably got less than one month left until results come out! We need to get some excitement in this thread!.

Anyone include any LOR's in their package this year? I had some people tell me they didn't matter for LDO packages but others were convinced they would have a positive impact.

Guest NavyFramer
2 hours ago, Determinism said:

We've probably got less than one month left until results come out! We need to get some excitement in this thread!.

Anyone include any LOR's in their package this year? I had some people tell me they didn't matter for LDO packages but others were convinced they would have a positive impact.

I submitted an LOR from an O5 who was my previous OIC. I’ve heard the rumors that they don’t matter but they can’t hurt, so why not submit one?

I had two LORs submitted. One from my prior CO and the other was my prior DH both at different commands. It never hurts to say more, especially if your record is already good. To me it's all about that little extra edge because there is alot of awesome Sailors around the world doing great things in our navy. Tough competition is out there. And also, didn't want any doubts in my mind I presented the best full picture of me to the board I can cuz blk 43 is limited only to 18 lines. Just saying 

I submitted two LOR’s this time. Both were done by SC Admirals. Those took lots of driving and short notice interview windows to make those happen. Let me tell you. Actually ended up changing into my uniform in a base gym bathroom after driving for 3 hours for one of them. Got a call from her Aide who said, “the boss has 30 minutes free around 1030 if you can make it.) lol Admirals aren’t exactly the easiest to book appointments with. Gotta do what you gotta do! 

Guest Determinism
1 hour ago, SubLS said:

I submitted two LOR’s this time. Both were done by SC Admirals. Those took lots of driving and short notice interview windows to make those happen. Let me tell you. Actually ended up changing into my uniform in a base gym bathroom after driving for 3 hours for one of them. Got a call from her Aide who said, “the boss has 30 minutes free around 1030 if you can make it.) lol Admirals aren’t exactly the easiest to book appointments with. Gotta do what you gotta do! 

That’s awesome man! Were they people you had served under previously? How did the local chain of command react when you had those in your package?

11 hours ago, Determinism said:

That’s awesome man! Were they people you had served under previously? How did the local chain of command react when you had those in your package?

Yes. Local COC didn't really have much input into my package. I worked my own appraisals and LOR's so there really wasn't much outside visibility. CO made a comment when I routed my package up for final approval and his endorsement. That was about it. 

Guest Determinism
4 hours ago, SubLS said:

Yes. Local COC didn't really have much input into my package. I worked my own appraisals and LOR's so there really wasn't much outside visibility. CO made a comment when I routed my package up for final approval and his endorsement. That was about it. 

I got a letter from a former OCM for the designator I am applying for and the three star who is basically at the top of the community.  My chain of command has been surprisingly explicit in their confidence that this is my year, right up to my new CO hearing about it and saying he was pretty sure it was a done deal.

I hope they're right, but so few people get selected every year it feels like it's always an outside shot no matter how strong your package is.

Guest NavyFramer
6 hours ago, Determinism said:

I got a letter from a former OCM for the designator I am applying for and the three star who is basically at the top of the community.  My chain of command has been surprisingly explicit in their confidence that this is my year, right up to my new CO hearing about it and saying he was pretty sure it was a done deal.

I hope they're right, but so few people get selected every year it feels like it's always an outside shot no matter how strong your package is.

Yeah, everyone thinks I have a pretty good shot too. I appreciate their confidence in me but realistically, I'm not getting my hopes up. I’m competing against Senior Chiefs and Master Chiefs who I’ve been doing aviation for longer and are more well rounded than me. Other than a recruiting tour, I’ve been on H-60s my entire career. But I still pray my name is on that list! 😁

Guest PerdiemWarrior

I think LORs from Admirals do hold weight but i think the board has been around long enough when they know someone has been window shopping their LORs (Stacking the package). I went old school this time, followed the checklist to a T, did a full board with a  LCDR, and 3 other  CWO3s. My command coordinator put the best 3 appraisals in the packaged, I never saw the 4th. Wrote my COs Rec and my own directly to the discrete requirements. I have every qual thats needed and the tours prescribed by the requirements. ESR/PSR with X's showing the upward progression at every eval for like the last 10 years. Who knows, on paper to me im the poster boy for it but.... Ive seen friends in previous years with everything i have get the N and others with less get the S. VIce versa.   I think the biggest advocate for you is the person grading the package, how well they know the rate and how well the rep for your designator is.

Guest subguy10524

Does anyone know where I can find the nuclear board precepts? 

I know, I know, I’m the oddball here, but i would like to see it and it isn’t located where the only other precept for nuclear board is currently located. 

The nuclear board started yesterday as a virtual board, I think, and I am trying to see if any of the documents have been put out yet! 

1 hour ago, subguy10524 said:

Does anyone know where I can find the nuclear board precepts? 

I know, I know, I’m the oddball here, but i would like to see it and it isn’t located where the only other precept for nuclear board is currently located. 

The nuclear board started yesterday as a virtual board, I think, and I am trying to see if any of the documents have been put out yet! 

The precepts that is currently posted on NPC covers for all active duty and reserve to include nuclear applicants. The full precepts (with memberships) and quotas used to be be provided after the ldo board convened or adjourned. This has been changing the last few years for many reasons. But the nuclear board has just convened (Jan 28) so they haven't provided the membership/quotas to avoid having the nuclear applicants know who and what the quota is before the board finished. As to why they are gonna wait to publish that information until the results are out are beyond my paygrade. But one thing is for sure, the information will be provided between when the nuclear board is adjourned and when the results come out.

2 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Let's request early board results, I mean the MNP has a feedback button for a reason.

If only..

LDO/CWO ISPB has such a long lead time, its almost painful. I still fail to understand what compromising information quotas would provide, even though for my designator, I'm pretty sure I could already guess the quota. Hasn't change more than +-/- 1 in the last 4 years.

Who knows, on paper to me im the poster boy for it but.... Ive seen friends in previous years with everything i have get the N and others with less get the S. VIce versa.   I think the biggest advocate for you is the person grading the package, how well they know the rate and how well the rep for your designator is.

I think there is a part of all of us that feels this way, mainly due to extreme personal bias but, I couldn't agree more with your statement. While we do have tools like the precepts (never anything new in these) and discrete requirements (from the year before) to help us prepare, I'm not totally convinced that meeting any of the standards outlined contributes much at all to the boards decision for selection. After applying several times now, the only thing I can think of is there has got to be something said for just how much impact the briefer of your package can have. A friend of mine was selected last year and he didn't have ONE item off the discrete requirements, nor anything close to the evals, variance in operations, commands and platforms or even as much documented evidence of SSP that I had in my  record. Left me  scratching my head and asking the question. But, at the same time, every N is still a building block. In all honesty though, I feel like I have just about as much control over my own destiny during these boards as rolling a pair of dice. There really is no way of knowing what the board is looking for year to year.

Guest Determinism

I think LORs from Admirals do hold weight but i think the board has been around long enough when they know someone has been window shopping their LORs (Stacking the package). I went old school this time, followed the checklist to a T, did a full board with a  LCDR, and 3 other  CWO3s. My command coordinator put the best 3 appraisals in the packaged, I never saw the 4th. Wrote my COs Rec and my own directly to the discrete requirements. I have every qual thats needed and the tours prescribed by the requirements. ESR/PSR with X's showing the upward progression at every eval for like the last 10 years. Who knows, on paper to me im the poster boy for it but.... Ive seen friends in previous years with everything i have get the N and others with less get the S. VIce versa.   I think the biggest advocate for you is the person grading the package, how well they know the rate and how well the rep for your designator is.

I have been planning next years package (I know I know) and this is the route I want to take with it. This year was my first submission and even though I researched things pretty thoroughly and had a great LDO mentor I feel like I've learned so much since submitting my package already. My next package will be far stronger than this one was.

My biggest concern is that I will be set back a bit because I've just transferred to a new duty station so the next eval won't be as nice and shiny as my last few. I do think I will close out my B.S. this year though.

Guest PerdiemWarrior
5 hours ago, SubLS said:

If only..

LDO/CWO ISPB has such a long lead time, its almost painful. I still fail to understand what compromising information quotas would provide, even though for my designator, I'm pretty sure I could already guess the quota. Hasn't change more than +-/- 1 in the last 4 years.

I think there is a part of all of us that feels this way, mainly due to extreme personal bias but, I couldn't agree more with your statement. While we do have tools like the precepts (never anything new in these) and discrete requirements (from the year before) to help us prepare, I'm not totally convinced that meeting any of the standards outlined contributes much at all to the boards decision for selection. After applying several times now, the only thing I can think of is there has got to be something said for just how much impact the briefer of your package can have. A friend of mine was selected last year and he didn't have ONE item off the discrete requirements, nor anything close to the evals, variance in operations, commands and platforms or even as much documented evidence of SSP that I had in my  record. Left me  scratching my head and asking the question. But, at the same time, every N is still a building block. In all honesty though, I feel like I have just about as much control over my own destiny during these boards as rolling a pair of dice. There really is no way of knowing what the board is looking for year to year.

I was lucky this year to have a roadshow go through my area right before packages were due. Had the OCM CWO5 that you see on the community FB page go over my package i was intending on submitting. In my mind it was a finished product. The ESR/PSR breakdown was absolutely helpful in understanding how it works. Its really close to what I have discussed with the 8's and 9's that have a lot of board experience with the CPO Board. He had just got done probably answering two hours of questions after the brief was done and he still had time to whip out his pen and make notes on my CO rec and personal statement and give me some training. Like you said in the end, rolling a pair of dice is how it feels.

Guest Determinism
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 5:23 AM, SK2006 said:

Last year they came out after the board finished up. Recently, I've been hearing rumors it won't come out until or right before the results come out.

Do we have any info on why they decided to keep the quotas close to the chest this year?

It's strange to look at https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Documents/FY21/FY-21 Discrete Requirements (Active).pdf and see enclosures 1 and 2 just missing without any explanation.

Guest PerdiemWarrior
36 minutes ago, Determinism said:

Do we have any info on why they decided to keep the quotas close to the chest this year?

It's strange to look at https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Documents/FY21/FY-21 Discrete Requirements (Active).pdf and see enclosures 1 and 2 just missing without any explanation.

They didn't specify why, but the community page did mention that was the guidance from PERS this go around. My opinion would be due to the issues last year with compromises of the E9 board; the board process is a close hold secret, kept in secrecy to preserve its integrity. All boards are held in the same location for everything and the in charge Admiral over it all would like to keep the process moving and not be given another black eye.