FY-21 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

• 2 weeks later...
Guest osiris0107

Just completed my final board the other day. Was told that I wouldn't get my appraisal sheets back till the third week of August. Anyone else have a significant delay in the receiving of their appraisal sheets?

Guest CTRCSouth
17 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Just completed my final board the other day. Was told that I wouldn't get my appraisal sheets back till the third week of August. Anyone else have a significant delay in the receiving of their appraisal sheets?

I didn't have that issue but I do know some people it took a couple weeks to get them back. I got all three of mine back in about 3 days.

Guest subguy10524

How are you guys handling the personal statement? Lots of asked for content with only 250 words. I am struggling!

On 7/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, subguy10524 said:

How are you guys handling the personal statement? Lots of asked for content with only 250 words. I am struggling!

Struggling the past few weeks. Finally got a statement that really reflects who I am in exactly 250 words lol. On another note, the FY21 Application Instruction and FY21LDO CWO Application word document is confusing in regards to references. It only show "Ref: (c) OPNAVINST 6110.1J" on CO's endorsements and no other. I'm not sure if this was typo omitting the previous 2 references or not. I was wondering what everyone else is doing with that portion of the COs endorsement. Hopefully someone got some answers.

Guest subguy10524
1 hour ago, SK2006 said:

Struggling the past few weeks. Finally got a statement that really reflects who I am in exactly 250 words lol. On another note, the FY21 Application Instruction and FY21LDO CWO Application word document is confusing in regards to references. It only show "Ref: (c) OPNAVINST 6110.1J" on CO's endorsements and no other. I'm not sure if this was typo omitting the previous 2 references or not. I was wondering what everyone else is doing with that portion of the COs endorsement. Hopefully someone got some answers.

If you read the correspondence manual on endorsements it is supposed to be that way. You start with the next letter if you need a new reference. I had the same question. 

43 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

If you read the correspondence manual on endorsements it is supposed to be that way. You start with the next letter if you need a new reference. I had the same question. 

What I'm getting at is before there used to be 3 references in the CO's endorsements: NAVADMIN, 1420.1b, and 6110.1j. But this year the COs endorsement is only one ref, the 6110.1j, based off the word documents provided on the npc website. Are the other references no longer required since it's referenced on the member's cover letter only? Probably nuking this, just wanted to see if anyone else saw what I did.

Guest subguy10524
19 minutes ago, SK2006 said:

What I'm getting at is before there used to be 3 references in the CO's endorsements: NAVADMIN, 1420.1b, and 6110.1j. But this year the COs endorsement is only one ref, the 6110.1j, based off the word documents provided on the npc website. Are the other references no longer required since it's referenced on the member's cover letter only? Probably nuking this, just wanted to see if anyone else saw what I did.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The CO endorsement previously was not an “endorsement”, but rather a part of the entire application. And if it was an enclosure to the package, different rules apply. Straight out of chapter 9 of the correspondence manual:

”3. Adding References. Do not repeat a reference in the reference line of your endorsement that has already been identified in the reference line of the basic letter or a previous endorsement. Identify only the references that you add. Assign a letter to all references you add by continuing the sequence of letters from the basic letter and previous endorsements. For example, if the basic letter and previous endorsements had references identified up to letter “f,” the first reference of your endorsement would be letter “g.””

Got it! Thanks 

7 hours ago, subguy10524 said:

I know exactly what you are talking about. The CO endorsement previously was not an “endorsement”, but rather a part of the entire application. And if it was an enclosure to the package, different rules apply. Straight out of chapter 9 of the correspondence manual:

”3. Adding References. Do not repeat a reference in the reference line of your endorsement that has already been identified in the reference line of the basic letter or a previous endorsement. Identify only the references that you add. Assign a letter to all references you add by continuing the sequence of letters from the basic letter and previous endorsements. For example, if the basic letter and previous endorsements had references identified up to letter “f,” the first reference of your endorsement would be letter “g.””

Got it. Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SubLS

Would someone be able to PM me a copy of the NAVCRUIT 1131/5 (Rev 05-2017) pdf. The link on NPC appears to be broken.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest osiris0107

I just submitted my package. Just wondering what order you guys sent yours in. I put the checklist, the CO's statement then my letter and attachments. Do you think the order matters? Just love second guessing myself lol!!!

On 9/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, osiris0107 said:

I just submitted my package. Just wondering what order you guys sent yours in. I put the checklist, the CO's statement then my letter and attachments. Do you think the order matters? Just love second guessing myself lol!!!

It's funny that you mentioned concern about the order, as I am having a personal struggle myself.  I have the checklist, my letter, then CO's statement followed by enclosures.  I am nervous because the CO recommendation is first in the template - but my command advised me to place CO endorsement after my application.  *I wanted to follow the template verbatim... but the CO is going to sign it and I won't have enough time to fix it by the deadline if I'm wrong.  Any one else have any thoughts on this?

Guest Tsmiffers

This is from page 9-5 of the Navy Correspondence Manual, SECNAV 5216.5:

1. Briefing sheet as prescribed locally, usually omitted if letter is short or self explanatory.

2. Your endorsement.

3. Earlier endorsements, most recent on top.

4. Basic letter.

5. Earlier enclosures, plus any you added on top.

Page 1 in this case would be the check-list in lieu of the Briefing Sheet. Next "Your endorsement" in this case is the Commanding Officers "first endorsement". For #3 you shouldn't have any earlier endorsements as the only endorsement for this should be your Commanding Officers. #4, the Basic Letter, is your letter to the board, followed by #5 which are your enclosures. Simply put, the order should be:

Checklist

CO's First Endorsement

Your letter to the board

Enclosures

For what its worth this is how I submitted my package and it is showing accepted "A" with no errors in BOL. Good luck everyone!

https://www.secnav.navy.mil/doni/SECNAV Manuals1/5216.5 CH-1.pdf

I just submitted mine. Checklist, COs endorsement, my cover letter along with 21 enclosures in that order. The only things left I am waiting on is the A from BOL and then the wait on the board results next year.

• Like 1

Guest Tsmiffers
On 9/22/2019 at 4:30 AM, PAMA said:
On 9/19/2019 at 11:06 PM, osiris0107 said:

Is the check list mandatory?

The checklist is required.

From the NAVADMIN:

Click the *Active-Duty LDO/CWO ISPB* link, then select LDO and CWO 
ISPB to access the current application, application help and a review 
checklist for commands to print and include in the application folder.

From Part 2 of "Additional Guidance" section of the application instructions on NPC:

2.   Commands and applicants are to use the checklist to ensure all eligibility requirements are met and the application is complete prior to submission.  The checklist can be found at https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/career-planning/commissioning-programs. Click the *Limited Duty Officer & Chief Warrant Officer In-Service Procurement Board* link then select *Active Duty or Reserve Component LDO/CWO In-Service Procurement Board* link to access the checklist.  The checklist should be the first page of the scanned file submitted. 

I have a quick question for those who already submitted their packages recently, did anyone else noticed that the pages received stated 0? I was told by MNCC customer service agent that this is normal for LDO/CWO ISPB packages. However, they assured me that everything was received.

Guest Tsmiffers
2 hours ago, SK2006 said:

I have a quick question for those who already submitted their packages recently, did anyone else noticed that the pages received stated 0? I was told by MNCC customer service agent that this is normal for LDO/CWO ISPB packages. However, they assured me that everything was received.

Your pages received will say zero. You're good to go!

Guest osiris0107

Well, whether my order was right or not they accepted my package? Now the long wait till late Feb early Mar. At least we have the holidays to look forward to.