FY-21 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Interesting. I hadn't heard anything about that. This is my second year applying and I have been really interested to see if the new application will effect selection, if any. The new application really streamlined the information presented and eliminated so much of NA info from the old application. Really helps place the focus on rating expertise and SSP. (IMO) I'm sure it will give the board less distractions to have to wade through in each package. 

Also, it was interesting to see the number of selectees that have declined the appointment. This info was outlined in the last Lariat Newsletter. Anyone know of anyone that were an ALT getting notice of selection post results being released this year? 

We are getting closer and closer, one day at a time. Interesting how little has been happening on this thread this year. Last year this time, the thread was up to 6 pages. Probably start warming up after quotas are released! Would love to see a little more numbers for 6510 this year, but i'm not holding by breath. Average has been 8 for the last four years. 

Merry Christmas Everyone! 

On BOL, where the "A" populated for application acceptance, does anyone have the ADESIG1 and/or ADESIG2 section populated with the desired designator(s) applied for? This is my first time applying so I`m curious.Thank you!

On 12/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, EM2010 said:

On BOL, where the "A" populated for application acceptance, does anyone have the ADESIG1 and/or ADESIG2 section populated with the desired designator(s) applied for? This is my first time applying so I`m curious.Thank you!

Yes.

Guest NavyFramer
On 12/21/2019 at 11:33 PM, radioman said:

Yes, my BOL reads A1.

I just got the “A1” as well, guess it’s okay for the endorsements to be separated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, PAMA said:

NAVADMIN was late, quotas are late, looks like results probably won’t be out until mid March at this pace.

I'll let it slide if my name is on the list 😎.  The board convenes soon - good luck everyone. 

Guest osiris0107

So happy, that these guys started the board, but will Iran slow it down??:huh: Also, this is the fifth and final time, best of luck to all!!!

Guest osiris0107
15 hours ago, NavyFramer said:

Board starts tomorrow 😳

I could've sworn that the board dates for all the boards was in the ALNAVs, but I can't find it. Can you send me the link where they are?

Guest PerdiemWarrior
51 minutes ago, SK2006 said:

FY21 Discrete Requirements and Precepts are out on NPChttps://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/administrative/ldo_cwo/Pages/PreviousLDOCWOBoard.aspx

No quotas. Most likely going be released with the membership list after the board has adjourned.

copy paste from last year and every year before. 732X leaves so much open for interpretation.

42 minutes ago, PerdiemWarrior said:

copy paste from last year and every year before. 732X leaves so much open for interpretation.

I hear yeah. Same here no changes from the previous year.

On another note, 651x has a phrase that I still can't get an answer on. In the discrete requirements it says "applicant's entire record (evals/awards) should highlight superior communication, technical expertise..." Usually the board goes back 5 years, but under designator 651x, members go all the way back. I have yet to find anyone who is willing to confirm whether this is the case or not. I'll hear things like board members will go back past 5 years if the competition is tough but nothing 651x related.

Guest Tsmiffers
42 minutes ago, PerdiemWarrior said:

Not a complete copy paste, at least not for all designators. 782X/682X have significant changes, also they are broken out and not identical anymore.

Guest osiris0107
13 hours ago, PerdiemWarrior said:

Yeah my designator has never updated the requirement. It's super vague and has MTS key point. Sorry, but training command billets are hard to get and don't prove leadership or SME.

Guest Determinism

Discrete requirements for 681X and 682X go into college coursework a lot more this year. Looks like it will be tough to get selected without a degree or at least serious progression toward a degree.

Guest Determinism

Anyone know if the board looks at our JST? I forwarded most of my education to JST where it’s reflected accurately, as such I did not send my full transcripts to the board in my package. It will be a big lesson learned if they don’t view the JST.

29 minutes ago, Determinism said:

Anyone know if the board looks at our JST? I forwarded most of my education to JST where it’s reflected accurately, as such I did not send my full transcripts to the board in my package. It will be a big lesson learned if they don’t view the JST.

My bachelors is in my OMPF but it’s just my official trans scripts. I was “advised” to add my Diploma as an attachment, I also added SEJPME and PPME certs as attachments.

Guest Determinism
1 hour ago, Yankee01 said:

The board does not look at your JST. They only look at your OMPF, PSR, and your board package.

I wonder why the LDO Public Brief specifically advises Sailors to not include a copy of their JST with their packages then?

Guest Tsmiffers
10 minutes ago, Determinism said:

I wonder why the LDO Public Brief specifically advises Sailors to not include a copy of their JST with their packages then?

Because they are not interested in the majority of the stuff on your JST, “credits” for your rating or schools, and other things that have not been applied and accepted by a school towards an actual degree or degree plan. If you have college credits  from a university then submit those transcripts. If you have a degree make sure it’s showing in your PSR or submit your diploma.