FY-21 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subguy10524

This will be my 2nd application. This year could be rough. I will probably be underway when the NAVADMIN comes out and will have less than a month to submit my package when I get back. 

Gotta work what I can while underwater. And get done what I can before we leave. 

What types of documents should be attached to the package? SEJPME, PPME, SOQ/SOY certs, MOVSM write ups? What attachments should be avoided so not to come off as fluff?

Guest Intel
On 3/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, subguy10524 said:

This will be my 2nd application. This year could be rough. I will probably be underway when the NAVADMIN comes out and will have less than a month to submit my package when I get back. 

Gotta work what I can while underwater. And get done what I can before we leave. 

This is my first time up for CWO.  Did you see the new application?  It's so small.  It's three to four pages, depending on how long your statements are.

Guest CTRCSouth

First time applying, going to be putting in for 681X/781X.  Already have most of my package done just working on getting the personal statement down to 250 words, which has been a hard task to get the point across.

Guest subguy10524
On 4/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, Intel said:

This is my first time up for CWO.  Did you see the new application?  It's so small.  It's three to four pages, depending on how long your statements are.

I see it is super small. As a nuke, mine was already super simple, my concern is the ability to get the package out in time based on the Navadmin. 

Just got my Chief letter to the board written this week and it is currently getting reviewed in my command. So once that is off, shifting gears to LDO statement and CO recommendation. 

Guest Butter Star
On 4/10/2019 at 2:11 PM, PAMA said:

LDO Select Board Eligible today, now the fun starts.

If you still need help PM me I'm not a 6495 but I am a Reserve LDO.  I can find someone to help you.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X
On 3/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, PAMA said:

What types of documents should be attached to the package? SEJPME, PPME, SOQ/SOY certs, MOVSM write ups? What attachments should be avoided so not to come off as fluff?

My 2 cents: anything that is already documented in your eval or OMPF should NOT be sent in. I sent in a letter of recommendation from my previous CO,  my SEP 2018 eval since I just got it, and that was about it, of course, along with my 3 required appraisals. Got picked up for CWO2 7821 this year.

Guest ITC Harley Rider
On 4/15/2019 at 5:50 AM, ITC_RRP said:

My 2 cents: anything that is already documented in your eval or OMPF should NOT be sent in. I sent in a letter of recommendation from my previous CO,  my SEP 2018 eval since I just got it, and that was about it, of course, along with my 3 required appraisals. Got picked up for CWO2 7821 this year.

congratulations on your selection. Would you mind sharing some information with me. Submitting for 7821 as well. Thank you in advance.

Guest Not MA1

For the new application are you guys leaving the BOLD information Bolded or changing it back to normal once the required information has been inputted?

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X
On 4/18/2019 at 3:59 AM, ITC Harley Rider said:

congratulations on your selection. Would you mind sharing some information with me. Submitting for 7821 as well. Thank you in advance.

Not a problem. Please email me at Rafael.r.perez@navy.mil and I’ll assist!

Guest osiris0107

I have quite a few questions about this new application:

1.)  What are you putting in section 3 a and b in the CO statement section. Are you just copying and pasting your old statement from the CO into them, if so what are you placing in section a and b specifically?

2.) Then for section we write out own statement, are we still putting the honor, courage and commitment in there or just huck that out the winda!

Guest ITC Harley Rider
On 4/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, Not MA1 said:

For the new application are you guys leaving the BOLD information Bolded or changing it back to normal once the required information has been inputted?

I’m changing it back to normal.

Guest osiris0107

Has anyone got guidance on the new package yet? I mean how many attachments are you guys submitting i.e training transcripts, history or assignments etc. or are you submitting anything like that at all?

Guest ITC Harley Rider
On 4/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, osiris0107 said:

Has anyone got guidance on the new package yet? I mean how many attachments are you guys submitting i.e training transcripts, history or assignments etc. or are you submitting anything like that at all?

Nothing yet. I been told to do what I can now and once the checklist and FY21 guidance comes out revise as needed.

Guest osiris0107
5 minutes ago, ITC Harley Rider said:

Nothing yet. I been told to do what I can now and once the checklist and FY21 guidance comes out revise as needed.

Well...I guess we wait then. The OCM is going to Gulfport this Friday, so I will get some feedback from guys I know down there next week.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, osiris0107 said:

The answer l’ve researched and gotten the most is only submit attachments that are relevant documents that cannot be found in your OMPF, the board does not have PRIMS or NSIPS view. My guess is that the much of the 1420 didn’t apply to LDO/CWO so this application is too cut down on the fluff and useless attachments.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest osiris0107

2 hours ago, PAMA said:

Is there not going to be an FY21 guidance? It is very late.

I can't imagine that there will be no guidance. There is a completely new package and no NAVADMIN of checklist yet? I'm not saying that the program is not put together well, but I feel that they could have all the info out by now. My designator won't even begin to schedule appraisal boards until this information is out.

Guest subguy10524

Information I got last week said the NAVADMIN is in routing right now. It is another change this year putting the nuclear board back with the regular board. 

Guest crazdsquirel
On 5/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, subguy10524 said:

Information I got last week said the NAVADMIN is in routing right now. It is another change this year putting the nuclear board back with the regular board. 

The nuke board is going back to the same time as the regular board? I haven't heard that yet. 

Guest PAMA

Has anyone done their appraisals prior to the release of the navadmin? Will it hurt if you only have one LDO designator from your community or should all your appraisals be from the prospective community you are applying for?