2 minutes ago, davemattwill said:

When the results come out on the 8th, it's still technically a 6 week season, minus  Monday and Tuesday (6th and 7th)...  

Season starts after the release of the NAVADMIN, so the day after Triad.

That makes 5 weeks and 1 day if pinning is on the 14th.

Guest davemattwill
1 minute ago, AME1 said:

Guidance says starts with NAVADMIN

Well, either way - 5 weeks and 1 day is still technically 6 weeks!  At least, definately more than 5!! -Haha!

Guest davemattwill

There are things that can be done once results are known that don't need to wait until the official season start.  Like pairing and scheduling, for instance...

Guest FC1(SW)

So, I've already kissed being selected goodbye.  We're sitting at 43% for FC (non-AEGIS), but I just found out my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kiddo.  One good thing at a time, right?  Bad news comes in threes, but I haven't heard good news coming in pairs.

2 minutes ago, FC1(SW) said:

So, I've already kissed being selected goodbye.  We're sitting at 43% for FC (non-AEGIS), but I just found out my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kiddo.  One good thing at a time, right?

43% is good isn’t it?

Guest FC1(SW)
1 minute ago, STG1 said:

43% is good isn’t it?

It's very good.  But, I've only heard of bad news coming in threes, nothing about good news coming in pairs.

Guest OJ451
8 minutes ago, FC1(SW) said:

So, I've already kissed being selected goodbye.  We're sitting at 43% for FC (non-AEGIS), but I just found out my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kiddo.  One good thing at a time, right?  Bad news comes in threes, but I haven't heard good news coming in pairs.

Must be nice!  FCA 28.81%

Should have gone conventional FC.  They always have advanced quicker.  

3 minutes ago, FC1(SW) said:

It's very good.  But, I've only heard of bad news coming in threes, nothing about good news coming in pairs.

I hear you well either way selectee or not enjoy the new little one when he/she arrives. Just had my 4th son earlier this year. This year is the year for me and hey maybe with a new little one on the way you’ll have some extra luck.  I look forward to seeing that S posted come Wednesday 

Guest subguy10524

As a submarine electrician, we are done around 13%. However, board eligible aren’t all advancement eligible. Not all are qualified EWS. That makes the advancement number slightly higher. 

How was everyone else’s day? Mine was long... 7 to 19. Just got done showering and feel so much better. So much work to do. Choose your rate...

2 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

As a submarine electrician, we are done around 13%. However, board eligible aren’t all advancement eligible. Not all are qualified EWS. That makes the advancement number slightly higher. 

How was everyone else’s day? Mine was long... 7 to 19. Just got done showering and feel so much better. So much work to do. Choose your rate...

I feel absolutely blessed that my days are busy, especially because it's not just "busy work"...I love that the work I do is meaningful. This job has made me absolutely proud to do what I do, and I'm extremely happy that I'm busy enough that I don't have time to idle. How was your day?

Guest subguy10524

I completely agree! I would much rather be busy than sitting around bored all day. My day was good, just busy. Figuring out the work for the rest of this refit and trying to make sure other divisions don't steam roll my guys for support. I want them to plan so I can assign my guys appropriately and when I have them free to do it. Instead of when they are doing other things.

So busy is good. I love the work and planning.  The planning especially! Figuring out all the pieces and parts and how they fit together and involve other divisions is fun!

Guest OJ451
4 minutes ago, ET1EXWIWSW said:

I feel absolutely blessed that my days are busy, especially because it's not just "busy work"...I love that the work I do is meaningful. This job has made me absolutely proud to do what I do, and I'm extremely happy that I'm busy enough that I don't have time to idle. How was your day?

Pssst......they already made the selections.  

Just kidding around.  That’s great you are able to find meaning in your work.  Hope you make it and don’t dive into a career spiral of test, package, board, test package board.

3 minutes ago, OJ451 said:

Pssst......they already made the selections.  

Just kidding around.  That’s great you are able to find meaning in your work.  Hope you make it and don’t dive into a career spiral of test, package, board, test package board.

hahahaha I had a feeling I'd get a response like this

But really...of course I'd absolutely be honored and humbled to get anchors, but believing in my mission - even more so, having faith and trust in all of the people I work for and with - is an amazing experience. I honestly believe that I'm working the dream job that any FCPO would hope they could have. I just try to handle everything that's within my control, and understand that the rest is up to fate. Even if I do spiral into the test, package, board thing for the next 7 years, at least I know that I'm doing what I love and that I'm doing the best I can to help my unit (and the servicemembers I work with) do the best we can.

• Like 2

Guest AsIwait84

This may have been answered.. But there are so many pages haha...  I am a spouse by the way... Does the MCPON scandal have to do with this ? Is there still a chance for tomorrow ? Or is it officially next week or a rumor for next week? It would be a great anniversary present ..  HT is only making 18 people...  Say, a 95 % score on the test, decent evals, instructor at one of the only C schools in the Navy for a certain rate, and after a storm he was able to start his class late for student to get there from SC, they all graduated before the course was done. He was in contact with a few Master Chief's over this. Will all this help him in the long run? He has made board 5 times, this hope the 5th time is the charm...

I don't know if these questions are allowed, but please give me some insight.

Thanks everyone!!

39 minutes ago, AsIwait84 said:

This may have been answered.. But there are so many pages haha...  I am a spouse by the way... Does the MCPON scandal have to do with this ? Is there still a chance for tomorrow ? Or is it officially next week or a rumor for next week? It would be a great anniversary present ..  HT is only making 18 people...  Say, a 95 % score on the test, decent evals, instructor at one of the only C schools in the Navy for a certain rate, and after a storm he was able to start his class late for student to get there from SC, they all graduated before the course was done. He was in contact with a few Master Chief's over this. Will all this help him in the long run? He has made board 5 times, this hope the 5th time is the charm...

I don't know if these questions are allowed, but please give me some insight.

Thanks everyone!!

For the board it all depends on his write up on his eval, and whatever the board is looking for.  Test scores only get you a ticket to the dance.  After that it depends on what's in his record.

Guest Jimmy
12 minutes ago, AsIwait84 said:

This may have been answered.. But there are so many pages haha...  I am a spouse by the way... Does the MCPON scandal have to do with this ? Is there still a chance for tomorrow ? Or is it officially next week or a rumor for next week? It would be a great anniversary present ..  HT is only making 18 people...  Say, a 95 % score on the test, decent evals, instructor at one of the only C schools in the Navy for a certain rate, and after a storm he was able to start his class late for student to get there from SC, they all graduated before the course was done. He was in contact with a few Master Chief's over this. Will all this help him in the long run? He has made board 5 times, this hope the 5th time is the charm..

The chances of results coming out tomorrow are almost zero. My command put out results will be next week. Unfortunately scoring high on the test will not make a difference, that will only help with your FMS (final multiple score = evaluation average + exam score) which will determine if you are selection board eligible. I have scored in the 98 percentile and not been advanced.  Evaluations will have a huge part in it, just know that the score on the evaluation (EP, MP, P) isn't everything the content is more important.  It seems to come down to "checks in the block" that sailors either do or don't have, leadership, sailorization, qualifications, collateral duties, anything that makes you a leader in your peer group etc. They look for the best and fully qualified to select.  Being an instructor should help him as long as he is doing well.  You could write a small book about how the selection  process works = S