FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Intel Weenie

I am still standing by for an answer. My COC had no idea results would be released today.

Wow...at least my command knew...just can't access lol

Guest itdominance

Wow...at least my command knew...just can't access lol

I am extremely frustrated right now to say the least. HAHAHAAHAAHA. Just want an answer. Blood pressure is mounting!

Guest Msduval2u

I'm so sorry brother.  I will have your family in my prayers.

Lol I appreciate that but I am definitely not a brother

Received the covenant "S"!  

Could not have reached this career milestone without the support and forward movement of my Sailors and COC.  I am very humble and gracious and hope that everyone here who did not get selected continue to press onward and upward, as much as possible.  I was in your shoes last year. and the last 4 years before then.  To those retiring, thank you for your outstanding service!  You should be extremely proud!  To the future SBE's, take heed to all the excellent advice shared on this forum and be sure to communicate with your COC, especially the Chief's Mess and learn from them. As hard as it may be, don't take your foot off the accelerator, press down on it as far as it goes!

FCC(SEL)

Got the "S" as well.  Congrats.  I'll see you on the list tomorrow.  It's crazy already!  Just did my weigh in.

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Got the "N". Time to keep pressing forward...after a beer...or 6 lol. Congrats to everyone who got selected!!! Probably well deserved!

Guest itdominance

Fair to say that no news is the 'N' news around here... I agree with CTR1NiceGuy...almost beer:30!

definately beer thirty for me. Exchange stop on way home then off to fish off the peer. Guinnes anyone?

Well I'm sure if I was selected I would have been called by now, which is why I figure I got the N that I was expecting.  I guess the CO/CMC didn't want to give out bad news over the phone.  Then again I've always found out my results of my N on my own.  I've had only 1 CDB for not being selected in the 4 times I've been board eligible.  That was with the hodge podge chain of command I had on my last IA.  My last command never did one for me for the 2 N's or the one time not board eligible.  I don't even think a single Chief said anything to me about it except for a few months after results when doing a regular CDB at my last command.  I checked into this command after being on transfer leave for the last N, so will see what tomorrow brings. 

Guinnes anyone?

Maybe if it was a Black Butte Porter, but I think I'm about to mix a Sailor Jerry and root beer and the head off to sleep.

Not this year for me.  Got the "N" again.  However, there are a lot of people on here who worked hard for it and deserved it.  All of us who got the "N" if we keep getting better, our time will come.

Received the coveted "S"!  

Could not have reached this career milestone without the support and forward movement of my Sailors and COC.  I am very humble and gracious and hope that everyone here who did not get selected continue to press onward and upward, as much as possible.  I was in your shoes last year. and the last 4 years before then.  To those retiring, thank you for your outstanding service!  You should be extremely proud!  To the future SBE's, take heed to all the excellent advice shared on this forum and be sure to communicate with your COC, especially the Chief's Mess and learn from them. As hard as it may be, don't take your foot off the accelerator, press down on it as far as it goes!  Thanks Tony for maintaing this "safe haven" and wealth of knowledge of a forum!  

FCC(SEL)

Oh have i been waiting to say congrats to you my friend!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 16 SEP 14 is our day!!!

Guest Goalfocused

Got the "S" guys OSC(SEL)! This forum is outstanding!

To my Family, Sailors, and COC who helped me get here, sincerely, Thank you.

Guest tamarpak77

It seems the hubby did not make it this year.  That is ok.  I am still very proud of him.  Congrats to all of you that received the coveted "S" and continue to persevere to those that are waiting for the next round.  Also, best wishes to those moving onto new things in life.  We did not think he would get it this time, but, I am proud either way.  It is ok.  I know to have his beer, a steak, and fuzzy slippers ready for him when he gets back home :-)

Guest coutchOS1

So, more from my "H"......  I had an NJP back in 2009 that is not in my OMPF, but is written on my NOV09 eval and in NSIPS.  My CO received a letter that in a nut shell states that I was selected by the FY15 Selection Board, but the CNP needs more information on my NJP before he will fully approve it.  After tons of phone calls to Senior Chiefs and Chiefs around the fleet, I have been told that everything will be ok and that once they receive that letter and the CO's endorsement I should be good.  There are 55 other FCPO's that were selected but put on hold.  If anyone else out there is in my boat, please let me know, maybe we can work together.

Guest Blondie

My command hasn't contacted me.  Part of me wants to believe this is because I'm on an IA in Afghanistan, but I know deep down I wasn't selected.  Guess I get to see the bad news on social media once again.

Congratulations to all selected!  Two pieces of advice I'd like to humbly offer:  1) Don't plateau... keep pressing on.  You owe it to yourself, and most importantly you owe it to your sailors. 2) Don't be strangers!  Share what you know so those of us who weren't selected can make the necessary course corrections.

I had fun trading sea stories and speculating with you all this year.  Here's to next year!  BBb)

My command hasn't contacted me.  Part of me wants to believe this is because I'm on an IA in Afghanistan, but I know deep down I wasn't selected.  Guess I get to see the bad news on social media once again.

Congratulations to all selected!  Two pieces of advice I'd like to humbly offer:  1) Don't plateau... keep pressing on.  You owe it to yourself, and most importantly you owe it to your sailors. 2) Don't be strangers!  Share what you know so those of us who weren't selected can make the necessary course corrections.

I had fun trading sea stories and speculating with you all this year.  Here's to next year!  BBb)

Don't know how your command is, but when I was in Afghanistan I had to email people other than my CIAC to get any information I needed.  Partially because my CIAC made Master Chief while I was in training to go in country, so when he passed things along to the new guy I guess he forgot to mention me.  When I got in country I sent him an email letting him know I was boots on ground.  His reply was he didn't even know I was gone.