FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest ibeira

Well 5th time was a charm, these forums have helped me thru it many times. Congrats to all that got the "S" this year. If you didnt, keep your head up, next year is yours!

ITC(SEL)

don't panic people.. I'm adding more memory to the server and stuff. so if it fades in and out, just like it did,  it's just me doing some damage

Bad news it that I didn't get selected.  Good news is that I just saved five hundred dollars by switching to geico!  A note to the people that got an "N."  Stay positive, Don't let it control your emotions.  Look at this as a way to make you a better chief when you do put those anchors on.  Bitterness will just drag you down, there is more for us to do and more for us to learn.  It's just not our time yet.  Last time was devastating, I thought for sure I had it, along with my whole chain of command standing around me last August scratching their heads.  But this time, I said to myself, "How will not making Chief benefit me?" 

1. Just had surgery and I am recovering.  Would have sucked to go through six weeks of Phase II on crutches and not be able to actively participate in key events.

2. 10 classes away from my BS in interdisciplinary studies.  3-4 courses a semester will get me a HUGE bullet on my eval next year.

3.  Need to get my LPO qual in my recruiting command.  Weighs like LPO at sea to the board from what I understand. 

4.  Finally get around to JPME and stuff like that.

5.  Focus on spending time with my family this summer and taking some well deserved leave.

6.  This will keep me focused on what I am going to do when I leave the Navy in 6 years.  Need to plan to stay in and plan to get out.  This is giving me some direction on where to go.

7.  If I get my BS, then I look real good for CWO boards, which is what my primary focus is now that I am TIS ineligible for LDO.

This has helped me deal with it immensly or however you spell that, this is what I am going to do from now on!

I think that is enough for now.  Anyone else have a list?

OH AND I am super stoked to see which of my buddies made it this year!!! Post the list as soon as you get it Tony the suspense is killing me!!!

OH AND I am super stoked to see which of my buddies made it this year!!! Post the list as soon as you get it Tony the suspense is killing me!!!

Yepper, actually thank you for reminding me because things are pretty hectic

Folks, Ordy reminded me, please, whoever gets a copy first please post here thanks 

Guest NukeETC(SS)

Looking for some Mess input here, I have a shipmate who got an "h" due to a mast in 2010. Should he get his hopes up or should he look at it as an "n" until told otherwise? Should he participate in the season or wait for a response?

Guest SOY13

Got the coveted "S" on my last shot!!!! Congrats to all that made it and never stop trying to all that didn't get selected your time will come!!

Just enough time to post...received the "S"...MAC(SEL)!!!! Congrats Brothers and Sisters who were selected! Those who weren't, keep your head up and stay true to yourself and your Sailors!

Guest amcreed

Bad news it that I didn't get selected.  Good news is that I just saved five hundred dollars by switching to geico!  A note to the people that got an "N."  Stay positive, Don't let it control your emotions.  Look at this as a way to make you a better chief when you do put those anchors on.  Bitterness will just drag you down, there is more for us to do and more for us to learn.  It's just not our time yet.  Last time was devastating, I thought for sure I had it, along with my whole chain of command standing around me last August scratching their heads.  But this time, I said to myself, "How will not making Chief benefit me?" 

Also have looked on the bright side.  I am PCSing in September, so I just started turning over everything and concentrating on me.  I finished my transfer eval and can get up to great lakes and concentrate on what I have to do there.  I actually have time to go on leave while I PCS, which I would not have had before.  So yeah, I want to make Chief and it is going to happen, but at the end of the day, I have a job that I love doing and Sailors that I still get to mentor and train.  The Anchors will come in time....hopefully not too long though!

Finally got a chance to get on here. "S" for me this year, was NOT expecting it. My wife surprised me when I got home with a babysitter and a trip out for dinner. Have to enjoy my last night with her before the games truly begin!

Guest shooter mcgavin

hopping on real quick to post i got the S! wish i could catch up the last dozen pages or so but i don't have the time lol. congrats to everyone that made it!

Congratulations to those who got the coveted “S”. I think I saw that SOY13 got it on his last try so this is something worth pursuing until the end. Please remember your troops when you join the Chief’s Mess. Again congratulations; this is really a life changing event. 

I saw those who posted the “N” and more so at least two I think who said that was their last try. My heart goes out to you but want to remind you that preparation for the civilian world starts today (It’s a good thing, trust me). 

As a reminder:

• If you get a copy of the list please post
  • There is a Chief Selectee Spousal forum. KnockoutTrish has helped others in the past and is just a plain ol' sweetheart so spouses, drop there and say hello.
  • The private selectee / Chief forum can be accessed by contacting Dogg. He needs to wait for the public release for validation purposes.
  • Selectees who will have “events”; they can be posted in the Enlisted News and Scuttlebutt area. Just let me know if you have problems.

Again, congratulations to our Chief Selectees!!

I'd have to look into the quota's for other rates, but the 3 of us AME1's didn't make it more than likely because they only made 11 this year  out of 100.  One was first time up, me and the other AME1 I guess just didn't have enough sustained superior performance for the board.  I'm sure for me it also had to do with no safe for flight experience, or QA.

Guest NavySquid79

I'd have to look into the quota's for other rates, but the 3 of us AME1's didn't make it more than likely because they only made 11 this year out of 100. One was first time up, me and the other AME1 I guess just didn't have enough sustained superior performance for the board. I'm sure for me it also had to do with no safe for flight experience, or QA.

Well good luck to you next year. I really have no good idea on why I was not selected besides it was just not my time. Ma was 29 percent this cycle.

I'd have to look into the quota's for other rates, but the 3 of us AME1's didn't make it more than likely because they only made 11 this year  out of 100.  One was first time up, me and the other AME1 I guess just didn't have enough sustained superior performance for the board.  I'm sure for me it also had to do with no safe for flight experience, or QA.

It's almost certain the command is going to look heavily into your combined records to figure it out.  If it's just low numbers across the board, that's one thing (and always possible)...if there was a rate or two that had better percentages though, and none of you made it?  Hopefully the command recognizes that and does what it can to help you all over the edge.

Good Morning. My husband received the "S" after so many years of "N". Congrats to all selectees and for those who didn't get selected I want to personally Thank You for your commitment to the Navy and those Jr Sailors whom you have inspired on a daily basis. Thank you Tony for this forum, without it I would have lost my mind. Be blessed and remember: Aspire to inspire before you expire.