FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blondie

EOD had 70 SBE PO1s and 70 quotas to fill, but they are only advancing 47.  When the precept says "best and fully qualified", it means it.

Congratulations to all selectees!  To all not selected, I wish you the best of luck next year.

51 weeks, 1 day, 22 hours, 26 minutes

(set for 0900, 31JUL15, EDT)

Where do you think you stand as far as making it next year?  :huh:

Well, this was my first time up, and I EP waivered for the test.

I only have one true ranked eval amongst my peers, (#2/13 overall, #2/3 EPs). The one prior was with other frocked FCPO's. I think that was my biggest weakness. I will have my Bachelor's complete before the next eval, but being at a new command (since mid-June), I'm fully expecting a P but I'm working really hard towards at least getting an MP, with a goal of getting the EP in 2016.

I'm dedicated to doing everything in my power to get better and to deserve the "S" next year, and I can only hope the test results and quotas be forever in my favor.

On another note, seeing my peers that I have personally worked with who were promoted this cycle gives me a glimmer of hope...not that I remotely match up to them in the slightest, but that I don't have to compete with them next year.  ;) 

Ha!, well the best of luck for next year. Hopefully by this time next year your peers will be thinking the same about you! :D  

• Like 1

CPOs and selectees, please include your names and rating in your request for CPO/Selectee forum. I cannot validate only with your user name. Thanks and congrats again to all selectees.

• Like 1

People, you need to provide Dogg with your full name. Everyone is busy here so please, let's not waste your time or ours - let's get this going. Instructions in the forum news and updates.

CPOs and selectees, please include your names and rating in your request for CPO/Selectee forum. I cannot validate only with your user name. Thanks and congrats again to all selectees.

Ha! You beat me to it!!

Guest Navy_IT

All remember it's just not about your eval. Also make sure your OMPF is accurate. If you have duplicate docs or missing items those issues can contribute to you not being selected. Congrats to all.

EOD had 70 SBE PO1s and 70 quotas to fill, but they are only advancing 47.  When the precept says "best and fully qualified", it means it.

Congratulations to all selectees!  To all not selected, I wish you the best of luck next year.

I moved this post here since I locked the other one - good post

Guest itdominance

Well, this was my first time up, and I EP waivered for the test.

I only have one true ranked eval amongst my peers, (#2/13 overall, #2/3 EPs). The one prior was with other frocked FCPO's. I think that was my biggest weakness. I will have my Bachelor's complete before the next eval, but being at a new command (since mid-June), I'm fully expecting a P but I'm working really hard towards at least getting an MP, with a goal of getting the EP in 2016.

I'm dedicated to doing everything in my power to get better and to deserve the "S" next year, and I can only hope the test results and quotas be forever in my favor.

On another note, seeing my peers that I have personally worked with who were promoted this cycle gives me a glimmer of hope...not that I remotely match up to them in the slightest, but that I don't have to compete with them next year.  ;) 

I am sure I know you!

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Someone posted it a few pages back.

Sorry my terminology is awful, the ranking for advancement date and pay, etc. The one back was alphabetical.

All remember it's just not about your eval. Also make sure your OMPF is accurate. If you have duplicate docs or missing items those issues can contribute to you not being selected. Congrats to all.

This is absolutely correct. Your evals might be perfect EP's; but if you have a service record with missing documents, you will not get selected. I look forward to seeing you all in the Chief/Selectee forum, and in khaki's in the future.

Wouldn't you hate to know you were one of those 23?

Guest archer1

Wouldn't you hate to know you were one of those 23?

Probably not there are certain milestones for those guys to hit and a lot of guys that are sbe probably knew they didn't have those milestones.

Guest MikeyB

I want to say thank you to this forum. I've been a stalker for the past three years now and there is a lot of great information on here. I received the 'S' while many outstanding Sailors did not. Regardless if you were selected or not, remember to take care of your Sailors and they will take care of you. To those selected: Congratulations and keep rocking on. To those not selected: Keep stroking and it will pay off. 

A couple of thoughts stand out as I 'tweak' my close out eval and take a little break:

-We are not selected based upon our own merits alone but by the merits and support of our Sailors.

-"You were not selected because of what you have previously accomplished, you were selected because of your potential." Vice Admiral John W. Miller, Commander, U.S. Fifth Fleet, Combined Maritime Forces.

Guest FT1SS

Have the rankings posted for those that advanced?

On the list that was posted here, there are numbers next to everybody's name. That is the rankings by seniority for each rate. 

Guest TridentSeaWarrior0625

I have many questions about OMPF.  I reviewed my record many time months before the board convened.  I did realized there were a few items that were missing, so I submitted them via my chief package.  One thing that I did not fix was my 1070/604 (enlisted qualification history).  I was told by many chiefs that as long as all my qualifications were on my eval I would be safe.  I did try to update my qualification record, but my YN on the boat were clueless, so was the PSD here at NBK-Bangor.  Also I did my PPME via NKO a few months before the board convened this year, should I have the certificate scanned to my OPMF.