Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

Tony

FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

204 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, NavySAR said:

Yes, they did away with the list - I meant final multiples..

Ok, thought I missed something with them going back to publishing a list.  Just got back home from "Deployment", and the last couple months in South Korea and Guam internet access wasn't that great.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, AME1 said:

Ok, thought I missed something with them going back to publishing a list.  Just got back home from "Deployment", and the last couple months in South Korea and Guam internet access wasn't that great.

Good Luck to you Brother, hope that this is the year for you

2 people like this

Some members are not receiving the validation email which means the email is most likely being blocked. You need to get that validation email to finish the registration process. 

16 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Good Luck to you Brother, hope that this is the year for you

Thanks, I'm applying for college this spring just in case I don't pick it up.  If I wait till the fall for results the program I'm applying for might be full for next year.  Trying to balance planning for retirement, and the possibility of being selected (if I made board).

Does anyone have an example of a career summary or history that they have included in a previous package that they could share?

Been awhile since I been in here...couple weeks and we will see if we get our "ticket" to the dance :D

On 2/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, GMFCC said:

SSP is subjective. Everyone on this forum will give you a slightly different answer.

As for acting in the capacity of the Chief, I would recommend you withhold that opinion until you put on anchors. However inept you believe your Chief to be, I have no doubts that he is there in the mess making things happen. Your eyes will open to the responsibility you don't have that you think you do after you are pinned.

Have you told your CoC that you feel that way? Have you pulled your Chief aside and thrown him the bone that people view him negatively? Not engaging in dragging him in the dirt isn't admirable if you're in the crowd watching others do it. I'm sure the people saying they want you as a Chief are right, you're probably a good dude and a great OS, but if you're going to be in this mess, I'd learn to help a shipmate out.

I hope you make it, but the biggest thing I've learned in this mess, is that if you aren't humble, you will be humiliated. If one Chief looks bad, we all look bad.

GMFCC I sit him down all the time, and help him and support him every chance I can. He is just not ready and it shows. But I know if I were in his shoes I would want help. I think I am doing a good job at doing that. I dont like that others drag him in the dirt, it hurts his confidence which is why I continue to encourage him. 

On 3/2/2017 at 7:43 AM, KillJoy said:

Does anyone have an example of a career summary or history that they have included in a previous package that they could share?

Pm me your email.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:57 PM, GMFCC said:

Have you reenlisted or transferred since last year? Have you asked admin if they did it?

Yes, that was it.  I forgot that PS told me awhile ago that everything updates after your re-enlistment.  

On 3/2/2017 at 5:43 AM, KillJoy said:

This is another item that you will get multiple opinions on. I did not submit one when I made it, but as my mentors told me,if you feel it is important that the board sees, then by all means, send one up.

I can give you a template I received when I get back to my main computer...

Thank you everyone for the tips and examples.

Thank you Tony, I think that was spam..

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, SUBLANT said:

Is anyone else hoping to get some results this week??

I hope so but I don't think that it is going to be this week, I am thinking more towards the end of next week.

good morning all! well, it seems to be that time of year again, people are starting to get excited for the board results and impending wait. Good luck to all as always, remember to go over your packages and record thoroughly! this is my 7th year up, and every year I scrutinize my record and make sure everything is good, and every year I get feedback from leadership on things I can do to improve.

Seems like a never ending battle, but keep on keeping on!

21 hours ago, CryptoSquid said:

good morning all! well, it seems to be that time of year again, people are starting to get excited for the board results and impending wait. Good luck to all as always, remember to go over your packages and record thoroughly! this is my 7th year up, and every year I scrutinize my record and make sure everything is good, and every year I get feedback from leadership on things I can do to improve.

Seems like a never ending battle, but keep on keeping on!

It seems like the days are dragging by to when the Board eligible results will come out but the wait after you find out you make board is even longer. good luck to you and I hope that you make board. this is my fifth time up. did some good things this past year so I am hoping that this year will be the year. Good luck to all! Especially to all my Ordie Brothers and Sisters! IYAOYAS!!!

2 people like this

Just found out I got my ticket punched. Now on to the board. Congrats to everyone who gets the good news lets ensure our records are on point. 

4 people like this

This is when things start to get interesting!! Congrats to all who made board!!

1 person likes this

Got that Willy Wonka "golden ticket" today...hopefully 4th time the charm:D.. Congrats to all my FTS and reg nav PO1's...

2 people like this

Well here we are again great news I got my ticket. Great news seeing how I converted to a new rate last year and I was nervous after taking this exam. Has anyone else been having trouble viewing your profile sheet? I was notified by my CoC about the results but just want to check the profile sheet to see how I did.

2 people like this

Got my ticket!! lets get it done! Here's to the fifth time and hopefully the last! everything out of my hands now! Good Luck to everyone. IYAOYAS

5 people like this

Got my ticket again, let's see how this year goes. Good luck everyone!

3 people like this

A huge congratulations to all of those who made SBE! Hopefully it's our year! 7th time is the charm...right? 

Question...I just took over Department LPO in January so it wasn't in my previous eval. With that said, should I mention that I am now Department LPO in my LTB or should I not??? <_<

2 people like this

Congrats to everyone that made board this time up.  I have been creeping on this site for three years now and had to sign up!!  With that being said this is my third time up and just looking for some insight on records review.  After taking a look at my at my PSR part I on BOL I've notice that all of my warfare devices aren't on there is just 1 which isn't my primary warfare pin?  Last year I sent in my LTB with all NSIPS printouts for some reason which I've been working on for the past year personel hasn't submitted them in my OMPF?  I think my record is jacked up as far as documentation of training/qual etc.  I think I am a victim of the switch from paper records to electronic because there isn't a qual in my OMPF since 2005?  Does this look bad on my part if I send in all the info from NSIPS again if it doesn't make it into my OMPF?  Another thing was what does everyone think about a career summary sheet?  Thanks for the help and good luck to everybody!!!

2 people like this

2 hours ago, hammer said:

Congrats to everyone that made board this time up.  I have been creeping on this site for three years now and had to sign up!!  With that being said this is my third time up and just looking for some insight on records review.  After taking a look at my at my PSR part I on BOL I've notice that all of my warfare devices aren't on there is just 1 which isn't my primary warfare pin?  Last year I sent in my LTB with all NSIPS printouts for some reason which I've been working on for the past year personel hasn't submitted them in my OMPF?  I think my record is jacked up as far as documentation of training/qual etc.  I think I am a victim of the switch from paper records to electronic because there isn't a qual in my OMPF since 2005?  Does this look bad on my part if I send in all the info from NSIPS again if it doesn't make it into my OMPF?  Another thing was what does everyone think about a career summary sheet?  Thanks for the help and good luck to everybody!!!

there is still time for you to submit everything to the appropriate people. get with your admin and see if they can submit in electronically. I was the same way and luckily I found everything on paper that was missing and submitted it and it was on my record before the board. good luck to you and I hope that you get it all straightened out. I know it can be a crazy time this year but you can get it done.

1 person likes this