FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest NavyChic

Haven't been on in a while but I still check in from time to time.

I have a question in regards to the LTB because I'm a little confused and could be reading too much into the NAVADMIN.

The NAVADMIN states in 4 (c) " ALL LTB and each enclosure must contain the candidates full name and social security number".

Last year I sent my enclosures with my full name and social, but a couple of weeks back I had a Chief tell me that I don't have to have my name on the enclosures, which is why I'm a little confused?

Is it ok to not have your full name on the enclosures?

Guest Yamzi-USN
14 hours ago, Donkey Racer said:

If the NAVADMIN states full name and social then that is what is required. No need to ask for guidance on that.

I think the instruction says if the enclosures already have your full name and/or social security number in the body, you don't need to put it on top right corner of your enclosures.

i.e. If you are including a current NAVPERS 1070/604, you just need to put '"Enclosure (#)" on the bottom right side of your enclosure since it has already your full name and social security on it.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Guest WRECKIN_CREW_71

In the past years, shortly after the Board convenes, the Convening Order, Board Membership, and quotas have posted to the Navy Personnel Command website. Has this process changed?

Guest HI_IT

Regarding the Career Summary Letter, would anyone like to share the format they used or what was included?   I've seen a few versions, just looking for opinions.

Guest IceMMNC

Tron, if you go to the NPC homepage there is indeed an "announcement" that the memberships will now be posted once the board has adjourned vice commenced.

Guest ¡Viva!

Talked to the previous board member Master Chiefs regarding the time frame of the record the board will look at.  They said the only last 5 years. 

I read the precept, says the entire record shall be reviewed for those candidates who are being considered for selection to the next higher rank.

Which one is which? Or both are true?  Please clarify. Thanks.

Reason I asked is I have alot of duplicates dating after the 5 years.  1 airman eval was duplicated, and the others are Page 2's and enlistment contracts.  Will that matter?  Anyways, I am waiting until Tuesday to call the PERS 32 numbers.  I can't wait till Tuesday.

Can't believe I missed these.

Guest ¡Viva!
13 minutes ago, Donkey Racer said:

So first off, don't sweat the small stuff. Secondly,  when you talked to that Master Chief he/she may or may not have mentioned what is actually looked at within your record. Only certain field codes of your BOL OMPF are viewed. And things like pg 2's nobody cares about except you. Do some research on NPC and you will find the answers to all of these questions. There is a power point which everyone should view that tells you everything about the board.

Good luck,

Thanks DR.  I attached the powerpoint. 

ENL ADVANCEMENT BOARD BRIEF FOR PERS-803 WEBPAGE (8 Mar 2016).pptx

Guest ¡Viva!

Update on duplicates regarding evaluations.  I called the PERS 32 number (901) 874-3313.  No computers, direct line, which was great.  First question was about the duplicate evaluations wanted to be deleted.  First response: if those evaluations are for E4 and below evaluations, they could not delete them.  The board members are aware of this, and will not hurt the chance of being selected.  But, if member really wants them deleted, someone could delete them and I did not get that information.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, IceMMNC said:

Tron, if you go to the NPC homepage there is indeed an "announcement" that the memberships will now be posted once the board has adjourned vice commenced.

Was this a NAVADMIN? because I did see it on the home page?

Guest Guyy804

I recently got a NAM while the FTS board is convening. the Certificate is not in my OMPF, but is in my PSR stating now I have 3, but only 2 Certificates are in my OMPF. Will this have a negative impact? Thanks everyone !

Guest Guyy804
58 minutes ago, Donkey Racer said:

The admin would have already downloaded your record before the board convenes. If the date is on the PSR as having been awarded a short time before the board, my guess is that it will be noticed. 

I would not worry too much about this. 

Thank you for your feedback !

Guest Yamzi-USN

So I just upload my LTB in SAFE.AMRDEC website with 20 pages .pdf file, but when I check the NPC website it says "BOARD PACKET RECEIVED: Board 360, FY-18, rec'd 25-MAY-2017 with 22 Pages."

Any idea why it says 22 pages? I think I read somewhere that an extra page is the actual e-mail. But this one has 2 extra pages. 

Guest IceMMNC
14 hours ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

Was this a NAVADMIN? because I did see it on the home page?

No, no NAVADMIN that I could find at least. Just a change in policy I guess. I don't think that any of the board NAVADMINs, nor the precepts even actually say when the memberships will be released. This has just been common practice in the past and that is what we are used to. But not anymore.

Guest HI_IT
2 hours ago, Yamzi-USN said:

So I just upload my LTB in SAFE.AMRDEC website with 20 pages .pdf file, but when I check the NPC website it says "BOARD PACKET RECEIVED: Board 360, FY-18, rec'd 25-MAY-2017 with 22 Pages."

Any idea why it says 22 pages? I think I read somewhere that an extra page is the actual e-mail. But this one has 2 extra pages. 

It may be an extra page from the ARMDEC download.

Guest SWSeabee

It's the 2 pages from the email, mine was the same way so I emailed to inquire. "Please be advised, there may be an extra page count, this is the email page."

Guest NavyChic

I was curious to know if any one in the forum is LifeSkills Instructor qualified/certified? As well as if your command gives out a certificate or designation letter stating that you are LifeSkills qualified? 

I have been LifeSkills qualified since October but my command does not give out certificates or designation letters. 

LifeSkills to me is a qualification/certification and I would like to send something to the board showing I'm a qualified Life Skills Instructor.

I bring this up because I was told to submit the LifeSkills application signed by the department head and the certification requirements card (like a qual card)  with my LTB. I don't want the board to look and be confused or think why did I submit it, when everything else I'm sending is certificates or designation letters.

lastly, I know it's kinda last minute, but still looking for advice or insight?

Guest SeaBeeDoc
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, TRON828 said:

June 9th board  FTS CPO board adjourns...then the dreaded wait :P....tick tock tick tock !

Best wishes, I am trying not to let the wait distract me, but it always does lol.

Guest PSjg78
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:36 PM, SeaBeeDoc said:

Board convenes Monday so the quotas should be out next week, any guesses on when the results will be out ? Last year it was 30 Jun, the year before it was out 8 Jul, and the previous year 2014 on 27 Jun.  I am thinking it will be close to the 4th of July .  Anyway best wishes!

Im thinking this year they will 28 or 30 June ! crossing fingers!!

Guest SeaBeeDoc

So this is my best guess, if it is this month I pick the 28th Command Notification and the 29th for public release.

If it is July I pick the 12th Command Notification and the 13th for public release. I don't think they would be that nice and release the dates right after a holiday weekend.