FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest Mestizo68
3 hours ago, LSHARP said:

This auto reply is your receipt that the Navy Personnel Command (NPC) selection board team has received your correspondence.

Below is some helpful information to assist you during the selection board process, we wish you the best of luck!

1.  Processing Selection Board Packages:  The time and date board packages are received in the Customer Service Center Inbox is the time and date used for deadline verification (Central Time).  Selection Board Packages are processed on a first-in, first-out basis and normally have a turnaround time of THREE to FIVE business days.  The status of your Package is viewable within the Selection Board Database.

2.  To determine the status of your Selection Board Packages:

a.  Go to  www. public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/Pages/default.aspx

b.  In the far right column, click on "Selection Board Status"

c.  Follow the instructions on the screen to log into the Selection Board Status Database

d.  In the "Service Request List", click on the request number of the Service Request

3.  Future Selection Board Packages:  The CSCSELBOARD@NAVY.MIL mailbox account is capable of receiving ‘ENCRYPTED’ correspondence IAW DoD policy.  If your package has been submitted ‘Unencrypted’, there is NO NEED to resubmit.

If you experience any issues or have questions about submitting your Promotion Board correspondence please contact the NPC Customer Service Center at 1-866-U ASK NPC, DSN 882-5672 or e-mail uasknpc@navy.mil

Email right after I sent in my letter #3 says If your package has been submitted ‘Unencrypted’, there is

NO NEED to resubmit. so all hope is not lost.

Good luck. 

Guest OSCinthemaking

Is there a cut off date determine for the 5 year Eval period or is it specific for the individual's 5 year eval period? Reason why I ask is because I will have 3 E-5 Evals being looked at. If the first scenario is true than I will essentially have 4 Eval looked at. 

Guest Butter Star
14 hours ago, OSCinthemaking said:

Is there a cut off date determine for the 5 year Eval period or is it specific for the individual's 5 year eval period? Reason why I ask is because I will have 3 E-5 Evals being looked at. If the first scenario is true than I will essentially have 4 Eval looked at. 

If I remember right from the form that the board looks at, they see way more then 5 years.  I believe they focus on the last 5 years.  So they'll see your marks for all those evals.  The two master chiefs that score your record can look at whatever they want.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
22 hours ago, NavySAR said:

That doesn't mean they won't accept it unencrypted.  I think they would tell you if unencrypted LTBs were not going to be accepted.  I take this to mean that they must be encrypted to protect the SVM, not as a board no-go.  Also, I personally know a guy who accidentally sent his unencrypted last year and picked up...I guess it's possible he picked up on the strength of his electronic record alone, but I doubt it.

I was unable to send mine encrypted, but it was accepted, you get the notification that it was received and accepted.

Guest RjIDC8425

So the big question I bet that is on everyone's mind is.....when are the results coming out?! Any guesses?

Guest Chief Guns
2 minutes ago, RjIDC8425 said:

So the big question I bet that is on everyone's mind is.....when are the results coming out?! Any guesses?

Well pinning is September 15th this year. Count back six weeks, with no delays I would say August 2nd Triad notification, August 3rd Navy wide.

Guest RjIDC8425
Just now, Chief Guns said:

Well pinning is September 15th this year. Count back six weeks, with no delays I would say August 2nd Triad notification, August 3rd Navy wide.

I figure that will be the case for AD, but FTS and SELREs should be sooner since board ended last week.

Guest Chief Guns
2 minutes ago, RjIDC8425 said:

I figure that will be the case for AD, but FTS and SELREs should be sooner since board ended last week.

Last year SELRES FTS dropped 30 June I believe. Could be wrong. So I would expect right before we take off for the 4th of July weekend this year.

There are still many people who can't join because they do not get the validation email. The small reason is that somewhere in the pipeline, the response to you is being blocked or sent to the spam box. Please check your spam email, whitelist NavyAdvancement.com, or have your IT person take a peek. 

:5272:

Guest SeaBeeDoc
3 minutes ago, RjIDC8425 said:

So this is my best guess strictly for the FTS, if it is this month I pick the 28th Command Notification and the 29th for public release.

If it is July I pick the 12th Command Notification and the 13th for public release. I don't think they would be that nice and release the dates right after a holiday weekend.

As for the REGNAV folks the public notice came out on 3 August and the on 6 Aug the previous two years so if they follow the trend so my prediction is the 2nd or the 9th for  Command Notification and the 3rd or 10th for public release.

Guest Chief Guns
23 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

So with the board starting in the 26th are the quotas coming out then or right before?

At the latest the 27th. But yes the morning of the 26th should be when quotas are released.

Guest navyordie123

Good luck to all FTS brothers and sisters. Hope that the board was good to y'all this year and you get the "S". Hope that the results come soon. 

Guest EffSeeUno

Thoughts on the HYT increase? The Navy just threw a wrench in allot of our plans. At my current PRD I will have roughly 9 months until I start terminal, I was going to request to extend, now what. I REALLY don't want to go back to sea as a first class.

Guest TRON828

EffSeeUno,

Do what feels right ... Family is most important. At the end of day...you did 20 years and nothing wrong with going out as a First Class Petty Officer.  I'm sure that most people in this forum including Chiefs wouldn't be where they are today without a First Class paving the way.

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Its been a while but it is already that time of year again!!

Hopefully everyone submitted there packages on time and in the correct format IAW the NAVADMIN (SSN/Enclosure X, etc.).

It has already been said but enjoy the summer and don't forget to PT!!

I wish all of you the best of luck! 

Guest OSCinthemaking

So after submitting my ltb, I feel like there are somethings that i left off that may hurt me. In my second class Evals It says I was an instructor. I was not able to get my MTS because there was no program established at my command. Now I am beating myself up for not explaining that. Do you think this can be looked at negatively. I'm sure board members will not know my command did not have an MTS program. What are your thoughts?

Guest SeaBeeDoc
9 hours ago, OSCinthemaking said:

So after submitting my ltb, I feel like there are somethings that i left off that may hurt me. In my second class Evals It says I was an instructor. I was not able to get my MTS because there was no program established at my command. Now I am beating myself up for not explaining that. Do you think this can be looked at negatively. I'm sure board members will not know my command did not have an MTS program. What are your thoughts?

I was told that leaving my command without my MTS would look negatively in the same respect as it would if it was a warfare pin. I did not get my warfare pin at my previous command and I did not explain why last year in my ltb, and was told through the grapevine that is why I did not pick up last year so I made sure I put in and explanation why for this years board so we will see if it carried any weight for this years results.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
10 hours ago, sailormoon said:

Any ideas on when Reserve/FTS E7 Board results come out? I am getting anxious!!

Maybe as early as next week , Wednesday or Thursday, who knows for sure??

Guest sk32004toLSC

With the board starting up on Monday, I would like to wish everyone good luck in hopes of getting the "S".