FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest IT_wife

Good luck to all you SBE's out there...hopefully ya'll can get a little bit of sleep tonight! I have a question that may have already been asked and answered, but the last time I scrolled through here the forum was at 100 pages or so and that's just way too much to read right now, LOL. My husband is currently on deployment in a totally different part of the world. So when results are released to the command triad it's going to be in the later evening hours for them. Anyone have any experience about how the command usually informs sailors on deployment about results? I don't think he (or I) could handle it if they made him wait until the following day!  :wacko:

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Good luck to all you SBE's out there...hopefully ya'll can get a little bit of sleep tonight! I have a question that may have already been asked and answered, but the last time I scrolled through here the forum was at 100 pages or so and that's just way too much to read right now, LOL. My husband is currently on deployment in a totally different part of the world. So when results are released to the command triad it's going to be in the later evening hours for them. Anyone have any experience about how the command usually informs sailors on deployment about results? I don't think he (or I) could handle it if they made him wait until the following day!  :wacko:

Well, the results are going to be viewable to command triads at 1100EST tomorrow. So whatever time your husband is at when 1100EST rolls around, his command triad will have access (as long as their internet connection is up, if the IT's are doing their job) then I am sure they will be notified shortly after if they made it or not. Not that anyone who is eligible would be asleep around that time, but if so, I think it would be fun to wake someone up to tell them they were selected! "Rise and shine, Chief Select! Get your PT gear on and report to the gym for weigh-ins! NOW!!"

Guest Francescaadams

8:50 AM here in Bahrain....only have the entire day to get through. Good luck everybody, can't wait to see the excited "I made it" posts!

Guest FC1(SW/MTS)

Im sitting on watch, just looked at the POD, chief meeting 0830-0900, FCPOA meeting 0900-0930. Now wondering if they are pulling us in for the "kill". Im supposed to be on watch at 0900 so now the process of finding a person to stand the watch for the first half hour begins.

Guest loudcity

The following is a time check from the pilot house.
--- On my mark the time will be zero seven three seven. Until results are released!

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X

Welp my friends, time to do some homework and try* to get some sleep. I hope to see good news from you all in the morning!!!

Guest MM1SWAWHOLLIDAY

Sitting in my car waiting to walk into work I have the worst butterflies in my stomach ugh I'm gunna let my EN2 run the work day today so I can get with all the other board eligible firsts and we can all panic a bit together...fun times are fun!

Guest eaWILSON

Sitting in my car waiting to walk into work I have the worst butterflies in my stomach ugh I'm gunna let my EN2 run the work day today so I can get with all the other board eligible firsts and we can all panic a bit together...fun times are fun!

Good luck bro!

Guest Bugchaser

You must be overseas..where?

Guest SirLuciousLeftFoot

Walked into work this morning and a SCPO told me today is just another day, treat it as normal work day and wait for the call ? @ 1700. I'm located in Naples

Guest msteve0910

Just woke up got to meet up with other SBEs for breakfast at 0845 then travel to the NRD HQ for announcement. I may not eat anything this morning

Guest NavyWifey

Creasing my hubby's uniform up while he polishes his boots. It's his first time up and the odds are against him, but it's been a fun, anxiety driven week. I'm so much more anxious than he is. Either way, I'm still his biggest fan. If not, we'll regroup and try again next year. Thanks Tony for such a wonderful forum. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Creasing my hubby's uniform up while he polishes his boots. It's his first time up and the odds are against him, but it's been a fun, anxiety driven week. I'm so much more anxious than he is. Either way, I'm still his biggest fan. We'll regroup and try again next year. Thanks Tony for such a wonderful forum. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

You are most welcome and I wish you and your hubby the best today.

Guest NavyWifey

SirLucious, we too are in Naples. The SBE's are meeting up @ 1700 @ Capo for announcement...might want to double check.

Guest osiris0107

8:30 pm here in Japan and there are so many nervous 1st classes. This is my first time up so i am not expected anything, but I hope that some of the good people I work with get to see their name in lights in about 6 hours or so!