FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest AlfaWiskeyRomeo

Through this season so far I have enjoyed reading all the post. I hope to continue if I am lucky and are selected to keep this post going through phase 2. Interested to see if phase 2 is the same for everyone. Also maybe help each other out as needed. Thanks to everyone on here and good luck to everyone.

Guest AWS14%

I am on pins and needles I was looking through my evals and my package like a fine tooth comb today and yet I am still skeptical

I did the same. Reading the precepts and the package... It's great to read all of these posts from people that care as much as I do. Good luck! Just a few more hours...

Guest Macasterj

Dang!! I am excited for tomorrow and I already know my name won't be on be list!! Good luck to everyone, I really do wish you could all make it!

I feel ya. Its my birthday so I am celebrating with some Gentleman Jack and the quite of the house as the kids are sleeping. SHHHH they might hear you! lol. well not celebrating too much of course.  :ph34r:

Happy birthday  :)

Guest loudcity

Last night I was watching stand-up comedy shows on Netflix and that helped tremendously with the anxiety. I think I am going to do the same tonight. Good Luck Brother and Sisters

Guest WVMTNMAN82

it's been a long day.... I just finished sewing on my gold name strips. Anyone else have trouble getting theirs on?

You REALLY don't expect anyone to take that bait do ya? Come on, you have to do better than that!

Guest H60AMC

You REALLY don't expect anyone to take that bait do ya? Come on, you have to do better than that!

Just trying to lighten the mood. Although i feel i have a pretty good shot, I've actually already talked myself out of being selected to lessen the blow in case I don't pick it up lol.. But I do wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Guest DIESEL POWER

Sorry all, the picture didn't come up, but just so you know, it went well with RMCS' post...

Twas the night before CPO Results are out when all thought the house

Not an FCPO was sleeping, not even their Chief.

Guest DIESEL POWER

I am on pins and needles I was looking through my evals and my package like a fine tooth comb today and yet I am still skeptical

Hahaha I did the same thing today, and I too am feeling less confident.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Lot's of Chiefs had secret meetings today; agenda:

• Best yardarm to hang em' by
  • Walking the plank 101
  • Chief's Mess protocol
  • Health hazards of washing coffee cups

:4303:

Went to the secret meeting this morning. It was... informative. *Wringing hands and cracking evil smile*

Guest NavySquid79

Off topic a little, a few pages back I saw that some of you had a successful advancement from the map program. Did you all fill out a package along with the letter on npc? If so would you mind sharing that package with me? thank you in advance!

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Lol, I bet a few got some lumps in their throats when you posted this!  :lol:

Haha! I hope so! Hey, we are just as excited about the results coming out tomorrow as they are.

Guest AMTWICE

My command will know before we get to work. Don't think it's my time but I wish the best to you all. This is what makes the Navy what it is. We can't all get selected, but for those of you who do remember to drag some of us along with you next year. Good luck ladies and gents!

I see a "S" by my husbands name all the selectees are going to love this Chief. I'm going to be their BFF and help out everyone. Bring snacks, tell them things etc. I will be at all the events. I just need the results to hurry up so I can finally get some sleep lol

lol!

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

I see a "S" by my husbands name all the selectees are going to love this Chief. I'm going to be their BFF and help out everyone. Bring snacks, tell them things etc. I will be at all the events. I just need the results to hurry up so I can finally get some sleep lol

That's always the best. We would always meet up in the evening at one of the selectee's house and his wife would always have a pot of coffee waiting on us. It's the little things like that which are greatly appreciated.

Only meeting I knew of today was the one I went to with some folks from Navy Manpower.  Was actually informative on how they figure out the man power required for a command.  Then the bean counters and detailers get a hold of those numbers and change them how they see fit.  When they came by the shop to talk to me about anything specific to the shop I found out that the manning numbers on FLTMPS and what they say our manning should be are totally different.  Now it's almost 10pm here on the west  coast so it's time for bed.  Overall the day felt fairly short for me, but then again I'm expecting another N tomorrow so I'm not on red alert.  Few glimmering thoughts of you never know they coulda picked me but I doubt it.