FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Again, new to navy life, and just educating myself as a spouse. Is there any guarantee that TRIAD will even release any info as they get it tomorrow? Is it up to command discretion? I'm simply awaiting to see where we may move. If she doesn't get picked up we are off to Washington state to make naval history since she was one of the enlisted women selected for Sub but if she gets picked up that may all go away as they are not converting her rate to chief yet for the submarine. P.S. I wish more spouses responded on the dependent forums. I feel a little like I am invading privacy, just kinda feel like we (spouses) shouldn't  be here but there's not much else to get the info from. sorry.

So far as I know each command (Triad) sets their own policy as evident from past cycles.  :blink:

Guest TheDCman30

Yup... I got a big bottle of microbrew waiting for me when I get home. I am going to drink and play Rock Band with my kids, not even gonna think about Chief tonight!

Guest TheDCman30

Yup... I got a big bottle of microbrew waiting for me when I get home. I am going to drink and play Rock Band with my kids, not even gonna think about Chief tonight!

Or just get traahed lol

Guest TheDCman30

The word I got was that all Sel Board Eligibles need to get down to the Uniform shop and pick up their Anchors, just in case... then report back to the Mess once they have them. :graphics-3d-smileys-377567:

Don't do ir

Guest passionateshorty123

The word I got was that all Sel Board Eligibles need to get down to the Uniform shop and pick up their Anchors, just in case... then report back to the Mess once they have them. :graphics-3d-smileys-377567:

that's like saying a selectee should just walk straight into the mess without knocking!!! Not nice!!:(

Guest loudcity

I wonder how many pages are we gonna have once the selection results are released..Last year it was well into the 200's. My bet is 160

Guest Tincan_OS

Screwed up earlier today and posted something I shouldn't have...Went back and reviewed the guidelines... Tony my apologies, I'll chock this one up to my head being a complete mess during all this waiting. Won't happen again.

Guest Tincan_OS

Again, new to navy life, and just educating myself as a spouse. Is there any guarantee that TRIAD will even release any info as they get it tomorrow? Is it up to command discretion? I'm simply awaiting to see where we may move. If she doesn't get picked up we are off to Washington state to make naval history since she was one of the enlisted women selected for Sub but if she gets picked up that may all go away as they are not converting her rate to chief yet for the submarine. P.S. I wish more spouses responded on the dependent forums. I feel a little like I am invading privacy, just kinda feel like we (spouses) shouldn't be here but there's not much else to get the info from. sorry.

Assuming your spouse gets selected, it's not necessarily certain things will change, it's up to the TYCOM whether or not they change her orders or not...I'm in the same boat, as I transfer supposedly on Friday... Good luck and best wishes to you!!

Guest msteve0910

I wonder how many pages are we gonna have once the selection results are released..Last year it was well into the 200's. My bet is 160

Yeah maybe we will hit around 150...

Guest JapanREDROCK

Long time listener, first time caller. It's already 0700 in Japan, morning PT is over. Time to press on through the day. If it's our time it's our time. Thanks to Tony for the outlet and all the knowledge on this forum.

Guest Tincan_OS

I left work early today to get a haircut and get drunk. Could be the last time drinking for 6weeks and how else am I gonna sleep tonight.

Feel your pain, also my plan to be able to get some sleep tonight

Guest HotelMikeUno

Hello everyone!! Long time lurker, my anxiety is kicking so why not join the "Christmas eve" fun Lol... Good luck to us all!!

Guest kaput

It is highly unlikely that a command Triad would withhold the release of the results to the SBE's.

Unfortunately, as mentioned by some members here and by some buddies of mine, it does happen. Most of the time there are some amplifying circumstances, but I know of at least one individual who was not notified of his selection last year by his command and had to find out via NAVADMIN.

Guest Chief Guns

I would not do that if i was you! Who ever is telling you that is trying to ensure you a early funeral LMAO. DON'T DO IT!!

Guest AOCMAC

So today we had a Chief / First Class round table.  It was about two hours long just having discussions on leadership.  Talking about getting everyone pumped up for tomorrow it was awesome.  I wish everyone the best of luck ! 

Guest ADUBMECH1

maintain military bearing!

Just remember, this is a time of change for them and maybe one of the most rewarding times of their lives. If your name is called and theirs is not, you'd want them to be supportive of you right? I remember feeling jaded when I didn't make First one year and one of my friends did make it. I was sad for me but really glad for him. Remember, these are your brothers still today and they are gonna need all the support they can get from everyone.

Guest Sardog007

To all you fellow prospective Chief's & Chief's & above on here that have passed along a ton of knowledge over the years! Thank you for that! I have been asked by my shipmates how I know so much about current events in the Navy, so I told them about this fourum. looking forward to hearing the results tomorrow no matter what the outcome is! Hope you fellow First's do the same! Until tomorrow shipmates!

Guest Hoffm1179

Not sure what the plan is everywhere else, but for those at my command and lucky enough to get that "S", our command isn't kicking off the "training" until Thursday at noon...

Guest AOCMAC

We were told meet and greet tomorrow at 1500 and bring 20 dollars with us tomorrow lol  not sure what thats all about but hopefully i find out !

Guest MM1SWAWHOLLIDAY

Baby is in bed, wife is reading, I'm having a drink and some palacinkas (Croatian dessert with fresh fruit and Nutella wrapped with a pancake like bread) can't wait for tomorrow either way this forum has been a ton of fun and very informative good luck to all and like I said before take care of your people, liberty is fun but it doesn't pay the bills.