FY16 Chief Selection Board

Career Development Board (CDB) (2015 Poll)  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have CDBs been useful to you while going up for Chief?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have not attended one yet

Guest AlohaChicken

Baby is in bed, wife is reading, I'm having a drink and some palacinkas (Croatian dessert with fresh fruit and Nutella wrapped with a pancake like bread) can't wait for tomorrow either way this forum has been a ton of fun and very informative good luck to all and like I said before take care of your people, liberty is fun but it doesn't pay the bills.

Literally the first time I have ever seen someone bring those up outside my family! I have a Croatian grandfather, they were a holiday staple!

Long time listener, first time caller. It's already 0700 in Japan, morning PT is over. Time to press on through the day. If it's our time it's our time. Thanks to Tony for the outlet and all the knowledge on this forum.

You are very welcome

I would not do that if i was you! Who ever is telling you that is trying to ensure you a early funeral LMAO. DON'T DO IT!!

I hope nobody would fall for something so obvious... I did meet a guy who bought his khakis and had them in his locker on the ship.  He was SOOO sure he was going to pick up, but sadly he did not.  It was his last look too... I felt pretty bad for him, but, I told myself, that would never be me... The buying the khakis part that is... If I retire as a first class, well, I still get to retire.  Nothing wrong with that!

'Twas the night before CPO Results are out when all thought the house

Not an FCPO was sleeping, not even their Chief.

The SBE candidates were waiting, pulling out their hair,

In hopes the next day their CO would call, and their name was there.

The FCPOs all snuggled all snug in their racks,

Visions of anchors and combo covers danced in their heads.

My spouse waiting in anticipation, and kids in their beds,

All seattled in for the hopeful last day of Dixie caps.

When outside my curtain rack rose such a clatter,

The FCPOs rose to see what's the matter.

Away to the nearest 1MC speaker they rushed,

Listening intently telling everyone HUSH!

Red lights a glistening, FCPO faces a glow,

Listening to the CO list of names of those were were selected to the BIG SHOW!

When What to my wondering ear should hear, the faint tune of Selectees singing a tune,

The class song as it's known Anchors Aweigh, the long wait since June.

I can see it now, like the hall of fame, why is the skipper talking so slow,

The CO called my name who do I call? What do I do? Where do I go?

This time only comes once a year, don't forget those who got you here,

Sailors, Chiefs, mentors, spouses, remember how you got here.

To the soon to be Chiefs, CONGRATULATIONS!

to those of you left, practice patience,

Lead, teach, guide, and mentor.

I promise you someday you will get your anchors.'

• Like 1

Unfortunately, as mentioned by some members here and by some buddies of mine, it does happen. Most of the time there are some amplifying circumstances, but I know of at least one individual who was not notified of his selection last year by his command and had to find out via NAVADMIN.

Yeah the couple of times that an eligible posts "I have to wait for the public release" my heart kinda' sinks because people are posting "I got it" or "not this time"

To all you fellow prospective Chief's & Chief's & above on here that have passed along a ton of knowledge over the years! Thank you for that! I have been asked by my shipmates how I know so much about current events in the Navy, so I told them about this fourum. looking forward to hearing the results tomorrow no matter what the outcome is! Hope you fellow First's do the same! Until tomorrow shipmates!

BBb)

Guest laurar06

Good luck,  all! I'm hoping to hear about by guy getting an S via text message but if not then waiting for the public NavAdmin post it will be. :)

Good luck,  all! I'm hoping to hear about by guy getting an S via text message but if not then waiting for the public NavAdmin post it will be. :)

My dog face is better looking than your dog face...

100 posts!

Guest laurar06

My dog face is better looking than your dog face...

100 posts!

I had a nightmare about your dog's face! LOL.

5 posts!

Guest H60AMC

I hope nobody would fall for something so obvious... I did meet a guy who bought his khakis and had them in his locker on the ship.  He was SOOO sure he was going to pick up, but sadly he did not.  It was his last look too... I felt pretty bad for him, but, I told myself, that would never be me... The buying the khakis part that is... If I retire as a first class, well, I still get to retire.  Nothing wrong with that!

I don't know about you guys! But If I'm selected, I'm starting my training off wearing a khaki belt!!! I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I don't know about you guys! But If I'm selected, I'm starting my training off wearing a khaki belt!!! I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I'm getting a tattoo of a gold fouled anchor with silver USN superimposed, TONIGHT!

I had a nightmare about your dog's face! LOL.

5 posts!

Everybody on this forum LOVES my dog face ... sept you!

Can you imagine that face telling you ...

"I am sorry, but this year was not your year.  Hang in there, keep doing what your doing, your time will come."

Who else is getting less and less confident as the time nears?

I don't think I have ever been confident...  Not since about 3 years ago...  This year I got Chief's asking me, are you ready for tomorrow?  My responses is, yes, I am ready for the N...

Guest MM1SWAWHOLLIDAY

Literally the first time I have ever seen someone bring those up outside my family! I have a Croatian grandfather, they were a holiday staple!

my wife always makes them for me she just knows the right time she is Croatian

Guest kaput

I just made a dpecial trip to the store for some Tylenol PM... I don't know about y'all, but this stuff is capable of making me sleep even with broken bones. Good luck every last one of you, will see you in the morning. Lots of help this year received on my part from your words, lots of Chief Selects just waiting to make it official. If just one of us makes it tomorrow (and there will be more I am sure) we have succeeded in our purpose to help out our brothers and sisters. Can't wait, no matter what this is going to be great!

Guest WVMTNMAN82

I just made a dpecial trip to the store for some Tylenol PM... I don't know about y'all, but this stuff is capable of making me sleep even with broken bones. Good luck every last one of you, will see you in the morning. Lots of help this year received on my part from your words, lots of Chief Selects just waiting to make it official. If just one of us makes it tomorrow (and there will be more I am sure) we have succeeded in our purpose to help out our brothers and sisters. Can't wait, no matter what this is going to be great!

Unisom here tonight, mixed with a lack of sleep last night. I should drop like a rock. Key word: "Should".

Guest msteve0910

Who else is getting less and less confident as the time nears?

I am on pins and needles I was looking through my evals and my package like a fine tooth comb today and yet I am still skeptical

Guest Chief Guns

Wait, it's bad to have khakis beforehand? I thought we were "Always Ready!"?

All i am gonna say is if you do, you better not say anything and take it to your grave.

Guest Boats_Petey

I'm actually very tired tonight. But I am still failing miserablely at not getting my hopes up.

What ever tomorrow brings I am thankfull for those who I I've served with.

Guest passionateshorty123

All i am gonna say is if you do, you better not say anything and take it to your grave.

they probably caught it on camera!!! Bahhhaaa

Guest OneOftheCommonFolk

I would just like to wish everyone good luck as time drags on! Less than 24 hours to know our fate!!!

Guest Tincan_OS

In the middle of doing an evening workout...doing 12oz curls, on my first set. Hope this improves my chances of actually getting some sleep tonight