FY-16 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest CTR1NiceGuy

Hi all! This is my first time applying, 644X. I love the positivity of this forum and knowing I'm not alone in going crazy waiting for results. Thanks, Tony, for running an awesome forum!

Welcome. I'm also a 644X applicant. Where are you stationed?

Guest HawaiiGM

For people enlisted here And applying for ldo/cwo, if picked up what is your thoughts about losing a division and not having personnel under you potentially?

Guest OSC_C218

For people enlisted here And applying for ldo/cwo, if picked up what is your thoughts about losing a division and not having personnel under you potentially?

Thats something to think about; in the meanwhile, I'm going to keep doing what I do for my div/comand/navy. There will be plenty of oppotunities for leadership as long as I'm active duty.

So Royal CPO is a ninja ?

No, not really, more on the line of the "Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn" where they use big words such as "Rosicrucianism" and other words I can't pronounce and like to remain secret. Or Majestic 12 where documents are stamped "above top secret" and orders are carried out sooner than possible - sumtin' like that. That emoticon just looks like a ninja...

Guest Deepsea23

Just part of moving up, undoubtedly being a Chief with a division is possibly the best job in the Nav.

I am not a Chief yet but the E-5 days are hard to top! 

You will never loose "people under you". If selected you will have more of an impact on the decisions that effect those that you are charged to lead. Becoming and Officer does in no way terminate your ability to lead from the front.

Thanks, I hope so too!  I told him to come add a profile so our numbers can bump up closer to 100!!  He's in the Nuclear community(carrier type). 

Hi everyone. I'm Bucko's brother. I've been in for almost 12 now, that magic time frame. I made Chief almost 5 years ago, finally decided it was time for a change. I am losing internet connectivity at work tonight because we are in the shipyard...I'll be in the dark until word comes out. I wish you all the best of luck, especially you bro!

Sorry folks, Tony. Haven't been on today.

Results tomorrow. Good luck

Hope your right brother!  Not that it means much in 2014 ACTIVE-DUTY PROMOTIONS TO THE PERMANENT GRADES OF CAPTAIN, COMMANDER, LIEUTENANT COMMANDER, LIEUTENANT, AND CHIEF WARRANT OFFICERS IN THE LINE AND STAFF CORPS came out 2 days before LDO/CWO release.  Here to hoping for today :rolleyes:

Guest CTO_IT_CPO

No, not really, more on the line of the "Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn" where they use big words such as "Rosicrucianism" and other words I can't pronounce and like to remain secret. Or Majestic 12 where documents are stamped "above top secret" and orders are carried out sooner than possible - sumtin' like that. That emoticon just looks like a ninja...

Understood. If you say he's good, he's good. :)

Guest CursedSwabbie

well the 25th sounds good to me! it is COMNAVCHECKBOOK's birthday....so i would rather tell her that i made LDO then the lousy gift i bought her!

I did, best of luck to you! I'm an ETC on the 68.

It's nice to see other 640x applicants, but also not! Knowing the restrictions placed on the number of surface Chiefs to be selected is disheartening. Good luck to you as well! My husband is an ETC on the Lincoln.

Guest Chief Wifey

well the 25th sounds good to me! it is COMNAVCHECKBOOK's birthday....so i would rather tell her that i made LDO then the lousy gift i bought her!

Happy Birthday to your wife!!! Today is also our daughter's 9th birthday!!!! So maybe we will all have great things to celebrate today :)

Good morning all. Two hour delayed reporting in Norfolk because of snow, and we are supposed to get smashed with up to 8 inches more tomorrow... Would love for those results to drop today! Good luck to us all.

I am kind of a numbers nerd by nature and I went back and looked at the release days and times for FY15 to FY10 results. From my calculations the average release day for the past 6 years is Thursday with a time of around 2000Z.