Guest MannyTheET
Just now, IS1 TJ said:

Morning all from the PACNORWEST. Long time eavesdropper here. My SEL just stated via FLT that results WILL be released Monday. This is different then anything I have read on here.  Can anyone else confirm this info. My SEL has never led me wrong. 

NAVADMIN or TRIAD?

Guest TUGLIFE
2 minutes ago, IT4U said:

Ok so I just ask the person to clarify and seems like triad on Monday navadmin on Tuesday.

I sure do hope so!  Im tired of every Khaki asking "are you ready" or saying "see you next week".  This process is so drawn out, literally half a year!

Guest OJ451
17 minutes ago, MannyTheET said:

NAVADMIN or TRIAD?

18 minutes ago, IS1 TJ said:

Morning all from the PACNORWEST. Long time eavesdropper here. My SEL just stated via FLT that results WILL be released Monday. This is different then anything I have read on here.  Can anyone else confirm this info. My SEL has never led me wrong. 

This would fall in line that CPO guidance put out about initiation starts at NAVADMIN release and pinning 6 weeks after on the 16SEP with authorization to pin 14SEP.  16SEP is a Sunday.  So Monday works.

Guest Submarinecook1stclass
47 minutes ago, IS1 TJ said:

I’m in PACNORWEST, may I aske which SEL put this out?

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)

Well I have an 8 hour watch tomorrow and my birthday is sunday. i guess I will go home, enjoy by birthday with my wife and friends and hope monday brings good news

For those who make it, remember, if you have a spouse that needs information or help, you can contact @KnockoutTrish. Actually, anyone who needs help can contact her. I asked for her help once when a distressed spouse in a bad situation needed help. Since they were new, the spouse contacted me because she did not know who else to contact. I treated it like an emergency and contacted KnockoutTrish who took over immediately. 

I was just told at quarters today, Monday will be the release date for TRIAD. This is the first time my COC has even mentioned the release date. 

Made 2nd at 13%, 1st at 13%, and now Chief is 20%, but with 130 quotas...Here is hoping 13 is my lucky number!!!

Guest shindeepsailor
4 hours ago, PO Theo said:

Any chance you could use an app like Tiny Scanner to make a pdf of the scoring section of the book and post it here?

Here ya go. sorry the scans are all wonky but it is still readable. I know they still review and grade packages even though all of them go to the tank. This is at least some sort of guidance to help you on your way!

Ch_12_Selection_Boards.pdf

Guest PO Theo
1 hour ago, IS1 TJ said:

CMC said they are trying to get it to CNP so that they can release on Monday. Key word - trying.

Guest Skipari
3 minutes ago, IT4U said:

I’m almost sure it will be Tues. Monday will be command quotas

They still do those? Haven’t heard those brought up in a long time.

Guest MannyTheET
34 minutes ago, shindeepsailor said:

Here ya go. sorry the scans are all wonky but it is still readable. I know they still review and grade packages even though all of them go to the tank. This is at least some sort of guidance to help you on your way!

This was very informative and depressing. Thanks!

Guest CMCWO5
14 hours ago, FC1(SW) said:

So, I've already kissed being selected goodbye.  We're sitting at 43% for FC (non-AEGIS), but I just found out my wife is pregnant with our 3rd kiddo.  One good thing at a time, right?  Bad news comes in threes, but I haven't heard good news coming in pairs.

I thought the same thing. My wife delivered 2 weeks before I found out I made it and I thought surely I won’t make Chief as well.  I made it that year.

Guest laurar06
16 minutes ago, Tony said:

so while checking someone's account, I found that a whole bunch of people locked themselves out. Now I know why a few people stopped posting. If you get locked, contact me!

I'm not sure how I locked myself but I think it is because my fingernails have gotten too long to the A key squarely. lol.

I don't post much because I don't really have much to contribute. My boyfriend is a Sub Radioman on shore duty at the moment, and just signed for his last re-enlistment. I think this is his 6th time up for Chief. He downplays it a lot mostly because he doesn't want to get his hopes up as far as I can tell. But I am on here every day getting all the scuttlebutt for myself so that when results come out I can be there for either result. He is a good guy and from what I can tell he takes care of the sailors he is in charge of. We live a long way apart so I don't hear all the daily doings as I would if we spent a lot of in person time. 

Pretty sure he'll call his parents first and text me as soon as he gets off base after he finds out. Got my fingers crossed and proud of him no matter what. 

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
1 hour ago, shindeepsailor said:

Wow, this was a good read, I actually did the scoring on myself and i ended up with 762. I really gave myself all average stuff. I wonder if they still use this sheet even if all records go into the tank.

2 minutes ago, laurar06 said:

I'm not sure how I locked myself but I think it is because my fingernails have gotten too long to the A key squarely. lol.

I don't post much because I don't really have much to contribute. My boyfriend is a Radioman on shore duty at the moment, and just signed for his last re-enlistment. I think this is his 6th time up for Chief. He downplays it a lot mostly because he doesn't want to get his hopes up as far as I can tell. But I am on here every day getting all the scuttlebutt for myself so that when results come out I can be there for either result. He is a good guy and from what I can tell he takes care of the sailors he is in charge of. We live a long way apart so I don't hear all the daily doings as I would if we spent a lot of in person time. 

Pretty sure he'll call his parents first and text me as soon as he gets off base after he finds out. Got my fingers crossed and proud of him no matter what. 

Well thank you for posting!

Guest Boatstheman

Well at least I’ll be preoccupied all weekend with 3m and funerals. I heard Monday possibly but my command is betting in Tuesday. Best of luck to everyone. 

Guest PO Theo
25 minutes ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Wow, this was a good read, I actually did the scoring on myself and i ended up with 762. I really gave myself all average stuff. I wonder if they still use this sheet even if all records go into the tank.

You're right, this is great. But I'm a bit wrecked after reading. How do you figure out your points for 1a?  Are you using an average of your last five evals? What if your average is like 4.0.. do you get 0 points for that section?