FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest Butter Star
4 hours ago, NC1(EXW)C said:

Is time in rate or time in counted against you on the board? 

No they are not allowed to directly address it, but they will see something similar to your PSR so the board members can see how many evals you have had.  SO individual board members could take it into account but they aren't supposed to.

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)

So i was looking at my PSR. It looks like I have a gap of 2 months from my 2006 evals. Does anyone think that is a showstopper? I know it was like 12 years ago, but that might be viewed negatively. It was during a PCS to overseas.

Guest JayTheMA
16 minutes ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

So i was looking at my PSR. It looks like I have a gap of 2 months from my 2006 evals. Does anyone think that is a showstopper? I know it was like 12 years ago, but that might be viewed negatively. It was during a PCS to overseas.

Under your continuity report, does it list it as a “missing period”? If so, take the eval and the 2 evals around the eval in question to your ADMIN Officer; the one before and after the eval in question. 

The AO can submit an administrative change which corrects entries in any of the following blocks via NAVPERS 1070/120 to PERSCOM.

Blocks 1-19, 21-27, 44, and 48 for EVAL.

That is to get it fixed whether you get the Magic S or not. I did help a MA1 correct his this way back in 2011; and he was selected in 2012. Can’t say that was the key; but they see the “missing period” and probably wonder why it’s missing and what you did to fix it. Just my opinion  

Guest HTC(SW)
40 minutes ago, AS1(AW/SW/IW) said:

Having never sat a board, all I could say is that it would only come into play if the board needs to look back that far. You should try at least to get that corrected through an admin change or at least submit (next time) a summary explaining that issue. If it shows on your continuity report would be cause for concern. The real deal with continuity is that the board wants to know that you will be able to help manage your Sailors records and how can you do that if you can't manage your own.

On 7/5/2018 at 5:31 AM, shindeepsailor said:

Tony,

I found this brief on the General Board Information of the NPC pages a couple weeks back. BLUF: The board has shifted to 6 community based "panels" and the packages are reviewed by your respective panels before going to the tank. Seems that this way, a BM wont be looking at CTR packages so to say.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyenlisted/Pages/GeneralInformation.aspx

"Enlisted Selection Board Brief"

Thanks for the info @shindeepsailor 👍

Guest FC1(SW)

Hi ya'll, I have a simple question.  Not that I want to count my chickens before they hatch, I just want to be prepared in case I am blessed this year to be selected.  What is the tradition for having someone pin you to chief?  I know one should have the chief that influenced them most, but I am more or less curious if it'd go against tradition or honors in having my spouse and my father in law (non military service) doing the anchors and having my chief do my combo cover.

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

This is a good question.

I want my kids to pin me, they went through the most while I was deployed. There really wasn't a Chief that stood out for me that is local, the ones that mentored me the most are across the globe now, since I met most while on deployments in the middle east.

Guest shindeepsailor

So, typically, whoever you want can pin you, but whoever is assigned (or you pick?) as your mentor is the one who dons your cover for you. No one but a Chief...from what I have seen and been told, will be the one to do that. Pinning is for whoever you want it to be.

Guest ASC(AW/SW/IW)
On 7/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, JayTheMA said:

Under your continuity report, does it list it as a “missing period”? If so, take the eval and the 2 evals around the eval in question to your ADMIN Officer; the one before and after the eval in question. 

The AO can submit an administrative change which corrects entries in any of the following blocks via NAVPERS 1070/120 to PERSCOM.

Blocks 1-19, 21-27, 44, and 48 for EVAL.

That is to get it fixed whether you get the Magic S or not. I did help a MA1 correct his this way back in 2011; and he was selected in 2012. Can’t say that was the key; but they see the “missing period” and probably wonder why it’s missing and what you did to fix it. Just my opinion  

No missing periods for me. So I guess I am good in that area. I think I am just being paranoid, thinking of all the possible negatives they can find.

Guest JayTheMA
9 minutes ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

Well that was bad gouge for FTS. 11EST came and went. No PA on NAC....

Triad tomorrow. Public Wednesday, no?

11 minutes ago, JayTheMA said:

On 7/3/2018 at 12:29 PM, Riverine Rat said:

Got an email update for Reserve results from my CMC today. 

-9 July 1100 (EST) PA product release

-10 July 100(EST) Post subject results to BOL for Command (TRIAD)

-11 Jul 1100(EST) Release NAVADMIN post to BOL for individual access

Good Luck everyone how to see you there when Active results post!

11 minutes ago, JayTheMA said:

@JayTheMA above is what @Riverine Rat posted and he is a member in good standing here.

So actually, I think Triad today, public tomorrow... 

Triad 10 July

Public 11 July

Don't know what that PA product release is. :huh:

:graphics-3d-smileys-429516:

Guest ChiefDevilDoc

For all the FTS and SELRES folks:

Merry Results Eve!! Don't forget that before you go to bed tonight to sit out a cup of hot black coffee and 3 Krispy Kreme donuts before the CNO comes down the chimney to distribute anchors to the good girls and boys.

Guest THEORDNANCMAN

Doe's anyone have any insight on what the board is looking for this year? Are the gonna be leaning more toward sailorazation, CPO 365, FCPOA involvement, and community involvement, or are they looking at Quals and things of that nature? How big is PME's and SJPME's gonna play when selecting? Just looking for some answers.

Guest Doc (FMF) E

It’s official!!! The CNP FB announced just now that results for FTS/SELRES are coming to the Triad tomorrow at 11 EST as has been pushed on here.

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
On 7/8/2018 at 11:30 AM, shindeepsailor said:

So, typically, whoever you want can pin you, but whoever is assigned (or you pick?) as your mentor is the one who dons your cover for you. No one but a Chief...from what I have seen and been told, will be the one to do that. Pinning is for whoever you want it to be.

I wonder if it can be a Chief who has retired....I don't know most of the newer bunch

Guest shindeepsailor
10 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

I wonder if it can be a Chief who has retired....I don't know most of the newer bunch

I wonder the same thing, the only person at my duty station I would really want to do it is now retired, but still works in the building.

Guest HTC(SW)
49 minutes ago, OS1(SW/EXW) said:

Typically the pinning of the anchors can be done by anyone you choose, but donning of the Chiefs cover is performed by the selects sponsor. 

Good luck to everyone!

Guest PO14Life

I know of a few that have had their spouses put on the cover. Like HTC said the Norm is the sponsor though. 

Guest navyordie123
15 hours ago, THEORDNANCMAN said:

Doe's anyone have any insight on what the board is looking for this year? Are the gonna be leaning more toward sailorazation, CPO 365, FCPOA involvement, and community involvement, or are they looking at Quals and things of that nature? How big is PME's and SJPME's gonna play when selecting? Just looking for some answers.

It is hard to tell what they are going to lean towards each year cause the precept is pretty much the same each year. But it is good if you have all of he above or at least most of it. The PMEs and stuff like that can look good for you from what I understand.