FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest CarlHill

HMC Select here too!  Was sweating the year early EP thing with only one E6 eval, but everything added up!!!!

Selectees who wish to be added to the Selectee/Chiefs member group should contact me after the list comes out. You will also have access to the Chiefs forum.

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Selectees who wish to be added to the Selectee/Chiefs member group should contact me after the list comes out. You will also have access to the Chiefs forum.

Will do. Thanks!

Guest Superburkett

Got selected! Congrats to every one that made it and best wishes for next year for those that didnt.

Guest Doc (FMF) E
1 hour ago, CarlHill said:

HMC Select here too!  Was sweating the year early EP thing with only one E6 eval, but everything added up!!!!

You must have had a killer package! I got the N and thought it was due to being junior in rate...congrats! This is only my second time eligible for Chief. 

Guest CarlHill
7 minutes ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

You must have had a killer package! I got the N and thought it was due to being junior in rate...congrats! This is only my second time eligible for Chief. 

I was very fortunate to be a TPO, LPO and Career Counselor as an E5.  When I made E6, I was asked to be the SEL of a large detachment, fixed a lot of broken stuff, got a COM, Regional SOY, LOC, MOVSM same year. It was strength of evals and making sure they were all about leadership, mentorship and recognizing/awarding Junior Sailors. Ultimately I made it because of them! 

Makes me very excited to see everyone getting the “S” and those that didn’t staying positive and keep grinding!!!  Congrats to you all and 🤞🏽😬 for AD results!!! 

Guest Doc (FMF) E

I hear you. That’s awesome!! I’m sure it felt like a curse before, but it was a blessing!

At my last billet, a Marine unit, I walked into a 12 month gapped billet. Everything was broken. I fixed everything, crushed inspections, etc. But, my only downfall this year- 1 of 1 EP’s for the last 3 years and no junior Sailors under me. I did everything vice lead a team to fix it. IMO that can be harder to do without help, but that’s beside the point. I was the only Navy personnel at a marine reserve unit (I-I Duty). I showed leadership in unconventional ways (led Marines in doing DEERS ID Cards and trained and led combat lifesaver marines). I got my FMF pin and trained 3 sailors and 1 got a pin across the Battalion. Idk if the board gives much weight to greenside tours compared to blueside...

I just checked on board my new command (NOSC) today and I’m ready to get back to the grind on the blueside. I’m going to be humble, hungry, and prove myself as a blueside LPO. 🙏🏼 Congrats! I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. I’m not bitter. I’m just more focused than ever before... Things the greenside preventing me from having documented: 

1) LPO (I was the Senior Medical Dept Rep but in a shop of one)

2) FCPOA and CPO 365 involvement

3) Sailorization-  No Junior Sailors to lead and guide

4) Collateral Duties (Marines we’re reluctant to give me any meaningful collateral duties) I have been trained as a CCC, CMEO, and DAPA but haven’t had a chance to do them yet. My new SEL is ready to pass on some of those to me ASAP! 

Here’s to next year and learning more from you all on this forum in the coming days, weeks, and months! I need your continued support!

Congrats to all the new Chief Selects!

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
8 minutes ago, OS1SWCSHERWO said:

I got the S....Congrats to everyone that made it and keep trying to all that didnt get selected

Congratulations, I have yet to hear anything one way or the other...which saddens me :-(

Guest CarlHill
1 minute ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

I hear you. That’s awesome!! I’m sure it felt like a curse before, but it was a blessing!

At my last billet, a Marine unit, I walked into a 12 month gapped billet. Everything was broken. I fixed everything, crushed inspections, etc. But, my only downfall this year- 1 of 1 EP’s for the last 3 years and no junior Sailors under me. I did everything vice lead a team to fix it. IMO that can be harder to do without help, but that’s beside the point. I was the only Navy personnel at a marine reserve unit (I-I Duty). I showed leadership in unconventional ways (led Marines in doing DEERS ID Cards and trained and led combat lifesaver marines). I got my FMF pin and trained 3 sailors and 1 got a pin across the Battalion. Idk if the board gives much weight to greenside tours compared to blueside...

I just checked on board my new command (NOSC) today and I’m ready to get back to the grind on the blueside. I’m going to be humble, hungry, and prove myself as a blueside LPO. 🙏🏼 Congrats! I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. I’m not bitter. I’m just more focused than ever before... Things the greenside preventing me from having documented: 

1) LPO (I was the Senior Medical Dept Rep but in a shop of one)

2) FCPOA and CPO 365 involvement

3) Sailorization-  No Junior Sailors to lead and guide

4) Collateral Duties (Marines we’re reluctant to give me any meaningful collateral duties) I have been trained as a CCC, CMEO, and DAPA but haven’t had a chance to do them yet. My new SEL is ready to pass on some of those to me ASAP! 

Here’s to next year and learning more from you all on this forum in the coming days, weeks, and months! I need your continued support!

Congrats to all the new Chief Selects!

Hang in there Doc, that's the green side challenge.  I did it for 4 years and had the same eval issues, not even able to get an EP back then.  It really helps to stand out in large summary groups and you will get much more opportunity to check those boxes above while in a big blue side Hospital unit or EMF.

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)
3 hours ago, Tony said:

Is anyone having difficulties getting information from their command like before?

Crickets here.

I am 3 hours behind in time zones from my command at home, so there is no real reason for radio silence unless the news is....."N"....

Hopefully I am mistaken.

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
5 hours ago, Doc (FMF) E said:

Congrats DocU! I look forward to picking your brain a little once the dust settles and you get a chance.. are you FTS or SELRES?

No reason to wait for dust to settle. Hit me up now. I am FTS but I’ll assist regardless. That goes for anyone else. Want my contact info then DM me. Let’s start your path to next year immediately.

Guest anavychick02

Congratulations to everyone who got that "S" today for those that did not keep pushing it's ok to be upset but try not to stay there too long easier said than done I know. As for me I  have been in for almost 16 years now, but I have been  up for Chief 7 times but only made board twice 😯 so now I'm waiting for these AD results best of luck to everyone! 

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

I am stumped.

I was NOSC SOY, Det SEL for the last 2 years, back to back EP's, 2 NAM's this last FY, went to ICO school, and am CCC and CFL and not chosen, apparently.

I hate to be bitter, but what more could there be?

Guest OS1(SW/EXW)

I can understand that, but we made over 20, which means that more than 20 others beat me...

I want to understand HOW.

Seriously, which boxes are unchecked that 20 other OS1's beat me...

Guest CursedSwabbie

Glad to see those that got selected! It is this time of year that is always bitter sweet! If it is any consolation, I have not been selected for about 5 years now! Hopefully this is my year... If not I will cellebrate "Passover" and get back to it. Wether you like it or not, you have sailors depending on you and they are looking at your actions. Be a role model for them and continue pushing thier careers forward!

Congratulations to all that made it! To be included in the Selectee/ Chief group, I'll need your first and last name and rate. You can PM me, and I will validate later. I know this is a special and well deserved occasion! 

😎