22 minutes ago, AT1 said:

Reading all these things that people have done and still not getting the "S" does not make me optimistic about this board thing at all. This is my first one, so I know a lot of people don't make it the first time up but with some peoples stories it makes me think I have zero chance of being selected.

Don't get down.  You never know what the board looks at.  Like you said plenty people have all that stuff, except the magic pixie the board is looking for.  They instead select someone with a fraction of the listed items, but they had that pixie.

Guest THEORDNANCMAN

I'm just gonna keep it real, In the beginning I was excited, but now i'm just going to keep in real with myself. I look at what I have done and what I'm doing now and know that I working as a CPO, but a few dark clouds in my past might keep me from them anchors for a little while longer. Command collaterals, junior sailors advancing, CPO 365/FCPO involvement, PME/SJPME/USMAPS, and strong evals, I have all of that. I'm just going to continue to press on and when my name is called, I'll wear them anchors proudly.

Guest ScrubNation

Every year there are people that make you wonder how it happened. Like yall said there is no game genie cheat code that can get you insta selected. As bad as it sounds I would like someone to be FLTMPSing me this year to figure out how I made it lol

5 minutes ago, ScrubNation said:

Every year there are people that make you wonder how it happened. Like yall said there is no game genie cheat code that can get you insta selected. As bad as it sounds I would like someone to be FLTMPSing me this year to figure out how I made it lol

Yes there most definitely is, I like to FLTMPS people to compare at least a very small section of what they did to what you have done. Would be nice to be able to see eval write ups of the Sailors that are selected.

Guest ScrubNation
2 minutes ago, AT1 said:

Yes there most definitely is, I like to FLTMPS people to compare at least a very small section of what they did to what you have done. Would be nice to be able to see eval write ups of the Sailors that are selected.

I know this has been said over and over, but I would like some kind of feedback as to areas of improvement for being better next go round when you aren't selected. the problem with that is that there are too many board eligibles and it would take forever to release the results. AT1 I can definitely share my write-ups with you if I get selected. 

Guest boxkickin37

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, EMN1 said:

Looking for peoples opinions on this.  I've read and heard a lot about what the selection boards are looking for and what are the "must have" things to be selected.  From LPO to quals, volunteer work, cpo365, and collateral duties.  But from my personal observations, the #1 thing that matters and pretty much overrules anything else is having a non-transfer EP.  At least for surface nuclear electricians.

I have never known someone to make it without that.  Feel free to prove me wrong or give your input.

Everyone is going to tell you something different, you are going to see a lot of different things work for a lot of different people.  People's career paths are snowflakes.  I just hit my 10 year mark, was selected last year on my first time up, and EVERY person I showed my LTB, evals, etc. prior to the board said "it's a good start but I needed a year or two to 'dig in' somewhere and make an impact" because I had transferred a lot (Limdu, HUMS) and had no regular, ranked evals as a FCPO.  I only had Frocked; Transfer; NOB; Transfer; NOB - in that order.... So they had to have found what they were looking for somewhere other than just evals. 

I'm definitely not saying it would hurt you to have a great ranked eval, but don't let anything cause you to second guess yourself when you have the other selling points you listed (LPO, quals, volunteer work, collaterals, cpo 365, etc) which very few FCPO's make extra time for in the more technical Ratings.

17 hours ago, VegasMA said:

Continuity report still shows E-7 selection board as active. Generally that disappears once the board has adjourned. At least it normally does for LDO.

Hoping for the best this year. Got competitive evals with primary duties in line with the MAC+ expectations on the MA LADR. Large leadership numbers with breakouts addressing leadership over other First Classes. Bachelors degree, MOVSM, PPME, SEJPME, along with hot NEC's in the community. Have multiple deployments along with a diverse career history to CNO priority billets and large overseas installations with no missed opportunities.

It was gone from my continuity report today and it was there last Friday 

Guest THEORDNANCMAN
6 hours ago, boxkickin37 said:

Everyone is going to tell you something different, you are going to see a lot of different things work for a lot of different people.  People's career paths are snowflakes.  I just hit my 10 year mark, was selected last year on my first time up, and EVERY person I showed my LTB, evals, etc. prior to the board said "it's a good start but I needed a year or two to 'dig in' somewhere and make an impact" because I had transferred a lot (Limdu, HUMS) and had no regular, ranked evals as a FCPO.  I only had Frocked; Transfer; NOB; Transfer; NOB - in that order.... So they had to have found what they were looking for somewhere other than just evals. 

I'm definitely not saying it would hurt you to have a great ranked eval, but don't let anything cause you to second guess yourself when you have the other selling points you listed (LPO, quals, volunteer work, collaterals, cpo 365, etc) which very few FCPO's make extra time for in the more technical Ratings.

Thanks for sharing this, I was very optimistic in the beginning and then stated to doubt myself, have all that was said (LPO, quals, volunteer work, collaterals, CPO 365) and then some. I have my fingers crossed...

Guest STS1(SS)752754
22 minutes ago, VegasMA said:

Do not take this as gospel, but I'm hearing Wednesday, 01 August. Pinning on 14 September.

I think that whole week is fair game. Earliest I see it happening is triad notification on that Tuesday the 31st. I'm just assuming next weekend is going to be the last free weekend for many of us. 

17 minutes ago, STS1(SS)752754 said:

I think that whole week is fair game. Earliest I see it happening is triad notification on that Tuesday the 31st. I'm just assuming next weekend is going to be the last free weekend for many of us. 

I agree and hear Tuesday 31st to TRIAD and NAVADMIN on AUG 1st. With graduation Friday SEP 14th. Either way it’s coming! Good luck 

3 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

It would be a great gift to me from the Navy for my 19 year anniversary and birthday! I have given more than half my life to the Navy, can I get a return on that before they tell me to go home? LOL

That would definitely be a great way to enjoy your birthday! Good luck to you hopefully FY 19 with 19 years In is your year!!! 

7 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

Have any of you ever heard of someone running into issues because they were LIMDU? I have rotator cuff tendonosis so I can't do any kind of PT except sitting on a bike.

I do believe they take that into consideration.  Have heard at least here on NASWI that they run a 2nd group pt for those LIMDU.  Of course this is only smoke pit gossip, so take it with a grain of salt.  

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
20 minutes ago, Montrell1891 said:

It would be a great gift to me from the Navy for my 19 year anniversary and birthday! I have given more than half my life to the Navy, can I get a return on that before they tell me to go home? LOL

I'm at 19 too brother!  Hopefully this is our year.  I also checked my CCA on BOL and the board portion has disappeared. I say August 2nd (Thursday) for TRIAD. Just like last year it fell on a Thursday. Good luck to all!

3 minutes ago, ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009 said:

I'm at 19 too brother!  Hopefully this is our year.  I also checked my CCA on BOL and the board portion has disappeared. I say August 2nd (Thursday) for TRIAD. Just like last year it fell on a Thursday. Good luck to all!

Hit my 20 last month.  Board #8, but not holding my breath if it happens, it happens.

Guest ScrubNation

Quick random question. Say someone is selected for the sea duty incentive pay program as a first class, would they still be eligible for that if they are selected to chief and they offer that program for chiefs?

On 7/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, AT1 said:

Reading all these things that people have done and still not getting the "S" does not make me optimistic about this board thing at all. This is my first one, so I know a lot of people don't make it the first time up but with some peoples stories it makes me think I have zero chance of being selected.

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 hour ago, ScrubNation said:

Quick random question. Say someone is selected for the sea duty incentive pay program as a first class, would they still be eligible for that if they are selected to chief and they offer that program for chiefs?

I would say of you are still attached to the billet that does not change....but I would have to check the milpersman

Guest STS1(SS)752754

Looking at the board membership section and wondering what the A, B, and C sections are on it or what they stand for?

Guest TM4life
37 minutes ago, STG1 said:

So results could possibly be out next week at the earliest!?

It is possible but the Chiefs at my command believe it will be last week in July. 

Guest TM4life
7 minutes ago, STS1(SS)752754 said:

Looking at the board membership section and wondering what the A, B, and C sections are on it or what they stand for. 

It looks like there are 3 separate boards and each one probably were broken down into panels. It also looks almost all of the sub board members were on board A. 

12 minutes ago, TM4life said:

It is possible but the Chiefs at my command believe it will be last week in July. 

Yea I had been thinking TRIAD release July 31st. Just ready to know like everyone else I’m sure.  This once a year process seems to take a lifetime.

Looking at the Board membership I was wondering the same thing for the A, B and C breakdown. This is my first time actually noticing this and think it’s based off rating but also noticed for my rating some rates that could possibly grade my package are not all in the same group. If anyone else have clarity or insight please share. 

Guest TheKardiacKid
5 hours ago, Montrell1891 said:

Have any of you ever heard of someone running into issues because they were LIMDU? I have rotator cuff tendonosis so I can't do any kind of PT except sitting on a bike.

So my last LCPO sprained (probably tore) a ligament in her knee prior to initiation. She was LIMDU for the whole season but still participated fully. The only exception being that during PT, they had her on a geared bike on the lowest gear (peddle hard to go slow). Not a Chief, so I can't really speak to how the Mess would deal with that. Just sharing a story.