FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest CM1(SCW/EXW/PJ)

BMU-1 Coronado

Hmm BMU you guys just had a cm3 there that I got. Did a great job on him. I taught him in A-school. Checks into here gets EXW in 4 months and picks up 2nd. At this rate I will be working for him.

Guest AZ4LIFE

Same thing happened to me at my last command during ERB. Before the day of the results I was 100% sure I was being retained. But standing in that line my confidence dwindled so much that by the time I got in the room I was positive that I was going to be separated. It ended up working out but it was pretty horrible for both parties.

Yeah that was certainley a hold your breath moment.  There could have been so many better ways to do it.  Glad you got retained.  Where are you stationed? I see the P-3 in your name.....

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Well surprisingly I was able to sleep just fine without any self-medicating at all. But guess who dreamed about the results coming out all night? This guy!

Guest Bored329

The anticipation is killing me. It is 1800 in Okinawa and I work nights. Been up all day results will be out at 2200 here.

Yup... its 2313 here and due to my severe procrastination i am still completing the last few CPO365 assignments. We are doing a circuit for command pt tomorrow and i'll be dead dog tired.

Good luck to everyone on here...just a few hours away. For those who get good news....remember to enjoy the next 6 weeks. If you're not having fun, you are doing it wrong!

o/ morning and good luck to everyone.  It's not that far off now. Get your cup of joe, ya juice, or milk.  Despite trying to ignore any anticipation I too dreamed bout a variation of making it and initiation last night.

Guest GASMAN96

Good luck to everyone and hope we all get the S!! Today is also my ten year anniversary!! Praying 4 good news!

:graphics-3d-smileys-546785:

Guest NukeET1FCFL

I know my Command just did the PRT so if I remember right we can not do the final one as an offical since ours was done in June, and its not been 120 days yet.

That is correct for the PRT official portion. I was CFL at a command of over 1000 people. I always scheduled my PRT dates so that the end of the PRT cycle would be four months before the Chief select PRT was conducted. unfortunately for me this year I ran my PRT in June is well

Guest NukeET1FCFL

well I just finished reading the last two days worth of posts since I checked in the last time.

I get to do a start up this morning at 0400 Hawaii time. results will have been out for an hour by that point hopefully our chain of command is there to review and release otherwise I will be waiting until about 06

Guest UniformTangoCharlie

Good morning and good luck!  However, remember it is not luck that gets you the S.  If you do get the S today, don't forget to have fun, stay humble, and support the Mess.  If you get the N, as I did 9 years in a row, talk to your Chiefs.  Show them your record.  Find out who has sat a board, or at least as a recorder for the board, and ask them to look at your record.  In many cases, whatever may be 'missing' from your accomplishments could be achieved before next cycle. 

And yes, HawaiiGM, good advice, whoever is selected today, remember where you came from.

Guest NukeET1FCFL

Just checked the BOL CO/XO/CMC link and it looks like the CO and XO have the access but not our CMC. Which in my case this morning may work out in my favor since I have no doubt our Skipper will be there this morning at 0400 with the rest of us Nukes.

Guest NukeET1FCFL

Anyone got any good ideas for a movie to watch to fall asleep too. I'm thinking Hunt for Red October. I love that movie, but I've watched it so many times I fall asleep whilst watching, worst case if I don't fall asleep, it's a great movie to watch. 

Good luck everyone. 2 hours 1 minute till the commands should know.

Guest BigFishCA

Just waking up for work on the west coast, couldn't snooze past my alarm this morning with anticipation.  Good luck to everyone!!

I feel like a kid the night before christmas. Its almost time good luck to everyone. I look forward to see all those post from everyone that makes it.