FY 15 Chief Selection Board

o/ good night all. I'm beat, looks like a pulled muscle in right calf =0  Darn thing is still hurting from this morning.  As for tomorrow plenty of work for me to occupy my time.  It may be hard, but I recommend finding something tomorrow morning and focusing on it.  Let everything else go and just focus on task at hand, unless ya like the torture =)  As for those nae sayers who say there isn't anything to do I disagree.  In my humble opinion there's ALWAYS something that needs to be done.  Real question is, are you willing to do it?

Guest shooter mcgavin

Anyone else oddly calm? I was going out of my mind last week and now; the night before I am as calm as can be. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I know tomorrow morning my stomach will be in knots!

Guest FCC_Thawk

I also have no clue how they're going to do it over at FLEASWTRACEN. My guess is that they're going to delegate it to the department but who knows for sure.

Guest LCarp3

Good day all and good luck to all of us tomorrow morning.

I have a quick question: Is being LPO on the squadron that deploys counted as LPO at Sea?

In a word....Yes. What is your rate?

Guest CM1_SKI

You're literal down the road from me. Hopefully we will be able to share some secret selectee knowledge with one another lol

Where are you at?

Guest amcreed

Anyone else oddly calm? I was going out of my mind last week and now; the night before I am as calm as can be. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I know tomorrow morning my stomach will be in knots!

Yeah, but it's because I know I am going to make it.  Weather it's this time or waiting another 3, my time is coming.  I want it to be now, but even if my name isn't on that list doesn't mean I stop being me and being good at what I do.  There are Sailors to lead and mentor.  My uniform/rank does not dictate my leadership ability.  It just gives me more tools at my disposal to assist in the process.

Guest Animal

Yeah, but it's because I know I am going to make it.  Weather it's this time or waiting another 3, my time is coming.  I want it to be now, but even if my name isn't on that list doesn't mean I stop being me and being good at what I do.  There are Sailors to lead and mentor.  My uniform/rank does not dictate my leadership ability.  It just gives me more tools at my disposal to assist in the process.

well said.

• Like 1

Guest Philwishinson

Yeah, but it's because I know I am going to make it. Weather it's this time or waiting another 3, my time is coming. I want it to be now, but even if my name isn't on that list doesn't mean I stop being me and being good at what I do. There are Sailors to lead and mentor. My uniform/rank does not dictate my leadership ability. It just gives me more tools at my disposal to assist in the process.

Well said....

Guest LCarp3

Dang CM1... I had never thought of being in that kind of a situation. I would not like that one bit. Glad to see you got through it though. Kinda picture that situation breeding an event I saw once. An ensign was standing OOD and just turned to the POOW and said "You're gun qual'd right?" POOW said "Yeah". The ensign took off the gun belt, handed it to him and said "You got it." and just walked off.

. Now that's funny!!

So, just got confirmation from my chain that we do not have access to our results, and I'll have to wait until Wednesday, unless someone can get a hold of some rando Captain that has access down at CENTCOM...yay. Well, good luck tomorrow folks, I'll let you know how Wednesday goes lol

So messed up!

Guest LCarp3

So messed up!

My Senior Chief said that from what he understands, the results will hit BOL "later" tomorrow. For those who do not have access to the triad, I hope this is the case.

Guest Dusten

Anyone elses command have really low activt? None of my husband's chiefs (and there's a lot of them) have made any mention of the results for days. No playful banter nothing. Is that normal?

Same at my command

Duty today suppose to be underway but let's say this ship needs work. Fuel pier then back to a unknown pier. And possible Thursday underway. Trying to figure a way to hide

Haha just got a call from my hubby so I know what ship you are on!!!

Guest Proud Navy Wife 07

I just want to say Good Luck to all who are awaiting the results and I hope you all get the big "S" you are hoping for.  I know it is stressful and now everyone is down to the last 12 or so hours and I hope that you all can get some rest.  Rest up and Fuel up for tomorrow.  You will need it.

• Like 1

I just want to say Good Luck to all who are awaiting the results and I hope you all get the big "S" you are hoping for.  I know it is stressful and now everyone is down to the last 12 or so hours and I hope that you all can get some rest.  Rest up and Fuel up for tomorrow.  You will need it.

sleep ... easy ... zanax, percocet and whiskey ... sleep like the dead yo!

Guest ChiefsWife

Good luck to everyone! My hubby is at work on swings and off tomorrow so I hope his command is on the ball and he gets a wake up call at 0905 tomorrow!!