Jump to content


Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

HawaiiGM    24
HawaiiGM

Are the results out for who is board eligible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SandcrabCTT    40
SandcrabCTT

For the AC the results of the exam and who is SBE should be out sometime this month (March) and for the RC folks the results of the exam should be out (April).... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HooYahDeepSea    8
HooYahDeepSea
7 hours ago, HawaiiGM said:

Are the results out for who is board eligible?

I am hearing this Thursday @1330. Soon enough and good luck to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
**Blondie**    69
Blondie
13 hours ago, etfc1121 said:

It's when they could have given an MP or an EP, but they didn't think the Sailor deserved it and gave them either a P or MP depending.  It's basically saying that they aren't ready to be selected.

See, that's why it's frustrating.  They defined a term, but then never used that term in context.  It's like ok, so this is what an "air gap" is... but what does it actually mean?  I wish the precept would have taken the extra step and defined the term and its usage fully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
**Blondie**    69
Blondie
8 hours ago, NavyNews said:

V. 1. Detachment FITREPs and “Air gaps” of the FITREP 201 (LDO EDITION) sheds a little light on the term “Air gaps”.

Thanks, that's perfect!  Unfortunately it looks like I was given the kiss of death a few years ago... but at least now I know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony    860
Tony
12 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Thanks, that's perfect!  Unfortunately it looks like I was given the kiss of death a few years ago... but at least now I know.

They also have a strategy for "Unintentional air gaps"

F. Letters to the Board.

1. Officers have to endorse any information provided to a board for which they are being considered, no matter how positive it is.

2. Officers should write to the board to clear up any questions. A letter to the President of the Board is required to be briefed before board members can cast their vote.

3. As a Reporting Senior, you can set the record straight in a letter of recommendation if a revised FITREP is not feasible. 12 This might be appropriate for an officer who did not get a detaching Kiss FITREP due to your error, an unintentional Air Gap or downward trend in trait average, or inconsistent or overly restrictive grading in early FITREPS during your tour.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MNC    18
MNC

CYCLE 230 E7 SBE STATUS AVAILABLE FRIDAY
The Navy Advancement Center (NAC) is on track to publish individual profile sheets for Cycle 230's Selection Board Eligibility (SBE) status on Friday, March 11 at 0900 EST.  Active Duty and Full Time Support Chief Petty Officer candidates must access their profile sheets on Friday from a .mil domain computer by going to NKO>Career Management>NAC>My Advancement>My Profiles.  Good luck to all candidates!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
**Blondie**    69
Blondie
9 hours ago, NavyNews said:

They also have a strategy for "Unintentional air gaps"

F. Letters to the Board.

1. Officers have to endorse any information provided to a board for which they are being considered, no matter how positive it is.

2. Officers should write to the board to clear up any questions. A letter to the President of the Board is required to be briefed before board members can cast their vote.

3. As a Reporting Senior, you can set the record straight in a letter of recommendation if a revised FITREP is not feasible. 12 This might be appropriate for an officer who did not get a detaching Kiss FITREP due to your error, an unintentional Air Gap or downward trend in trait average, or inconsistent or overly restrictive grading in early FITREPS during your tour.

So you're saying there's a chance...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony    860
Tony
19 hours ago, NavyNews said:

V. 1. Detachment FITREPs and “Air gaps” of the FITREP 201 (LDO EDITION) sheds a little light on the term “Air gaps”.

 

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

So you're saying there's a chance...

 

Well, just saying it is something worth looking at but something the reporting seniors should definitely be aware of too...

 :graphics-3d-smileys-313328:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMSFIDC    6
HMSFIDC

If something is not in your OMPF, but pending inclusion, when would you say is the cut off and to go ahead and send it to the Board for review. I recently re enlisted and got confirmation from my PS that in Jan. the required documents that are required to be printed out following a reenlistment from NSIPS and sent to be included in OMPF was done.  I thought I read somewhere as soon as the board eligible list results were out that records began to be pulled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HM8702INST    11
HM8702INST

Profile sheet is out!!! I hope this is our year. Good luck to all of us...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
USNAO1AWSW    59
USNAO1AWSW

Got that ticket! 93 percentile! :D

hope everyone else made it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HAZEGREY1775    19
HAZEGREY1775

Goy my ticket to the dance!!!! 99%!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MNC    18
MNC

Got that ticket punched! Good luck everyone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony    860
Tony

Okay folks, stop lurking and set up an account. Blondie is buying the beer... :)

:5252:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123    339
navyordie123

Headed to the Dance!! Now starts the long wait!! Good luck to all and hoping that this is the year! It is cycle 230 so maybe that's a good sign

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Clark wife   
Guest Clark wife

okay this might be a dumb question- can one of you guys tell me how to find out if my husband made board? I thought the results would be available online and since he's deployed I'm dying to find out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garlicdude    2
Garlicdude

I got my ticket to the ball. Good luck to all us SBE's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AME1    48
AME1

Not letting me check from home, so I guess I'll either try later or check Sunday night when I get to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garlicdude    2
Garlicdude
1 hour ago, AME1 said:

Not letting me check from home, so I guess I'll either try later or check Sunday night when I get to work.

Are you using a CAC reader at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tokeisch    20
tokeisch

SBE!!...... maybe sixth time will be a charm, as it will possibly be my last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MoeW    4
MoeW

OSC, 

I'm local and former Army NG, I would like to meet up to review my record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
navyordie123    339
navyordie123

I finished my PPME last year and I sent in each individual cert cause I didn't have the one from the war college yet. Is it a good idea to send the primary cert in this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
**Blondie**    69
Blondie
On 3/10/2016 at 11:26 AM, NavyNews said:

Okay folks, stop lurking and set up an account. Blondie is buying the beer... :)

:5252:

Sounds good to me!
:s3dauto_car_red_100-100:

As for me, I made board again this year.  Hopefully fourth time's the charm!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online



×