FY-23 ACTIVE-DUTY LIMITED DUTY OFFICER AND CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER IN- SERVICE PROCUREMENT BOARD

Boy, I was really hoping to wake up here in Japan this morning to some great news, but it looks like this just isn't our week.

I crunched the numbers again, because that's the only thing I can do at this point, and a release next Friday will put it at 46 days between board convening and results NAVADMIN. That's only five days over the 41 day average over the past 20 years so not all that inconceivable.
Which, as we all know doesn't really mean a god damned thing in the long run.

I really hope that we have some indication early next week that things are moving in a positive direction

Don't know about anyone else, but I find myself looking back over my package and evals and critiquing all the things that I could have done better for this year's board.
One way or the other, I can't wait for this wait to be over and find out the results one way or the other.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJM357 said:

Any chance they release before Friday?

The short answer is yes, it is possible.

Friday is of course most likely if we use the last three years as any indicator. Which might not be any indicator at all.

For example the results in '02/'03/'04 were all released on a Friday and was then followed by a six year stretch where they were released on days other than Fridays.

The last time the results were released on a day other than Friday was in 2018 for the FY-19 board results.
That particular year the NAVADMIN was released on a Thursday.

If we really want to go back and look at past results, its actually more likely (historically speaking) that the results will come out on a day other than Friday.

Fridays: 8
Thursdays: 7
Wednesdays: 2
Tuesdays: 5

Results have not been released on a Monday at any point in the past 20 years.

Honestly, I suspect they release the NAVADMIN as soon as possible once the board selections have made it through the chop-chain and are approved.
It's only a coincidence that they have recently been released on Fridays in recent years.

I don't have any kind of inside baseball knowledge on the subject, its just my gut feeling.

4 hours ago, RJM357 said:

I’m in the process of checking out and transferring so it’s getting me really anxious for them to release

Boy, I feel you there. I'm stuck in the middle of the PCS from HELL!

Transferring from Japan to Singapore and was supposed to depart Feb. 10.
Tested positive during the 48 hour pre-travel test and have been quarantined in a single hotel room with my family of four ever since.

Getting into Singapore right now is no joke, and we have to start the process to get entry approval from the Singaporean government all over again. Still don't have new flights.

Hoping to get out of here the first week of March now.

I could really use some good news this week to lift my spirits!

2 hours ago, DirtyAZ said:

how cool would it be… if results came out today! On a Holiday. I know it probably won’t happen, but wishful thinking. 

TBH selected or not I just want to know so I can stop thinking about it. It’s my last look anyways so the LDO stress will

be over for regardless of the outcome.

• Like 1