Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

ET1EXWIWSW

FY19 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

GoNavy88

After you guys completed PME for E6 and SEJPME.  Do you guys stop there are enroll into other courses?

Christyl

I did the joint course on JKO! You can use user name and password so your wife can do it from home! Haha. Jk 😬

• Like 1

osiris0107

So results out next week????

PO14Life
6 minutes ago, osiris0107 said:

So results out next week????

That’s what I heard too. I’m hoping so that people can stop asking me. No pressure though, right?

osiris0107

Wasn't even nervous, but sometimes I wonder if I didn't do well enough lol. I normally cut a 60, but going in there with a 3.8 which comes out to a 110 points with an average FMS of 160 to make board. Just can't cut lower than I say a 53 to make sure I made it.

• Like 1

CTN1(IW/FMF)
15 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Wasn't even nervous, but sometimes I wonder if I didn't do well enough lol. I normally cut a 60, but going in there with a 3.8 which comes out to a 110 points with an average FMS of 160 to make board. Just can't cut lower than I say a 53 to make sure I made it.

I concur with your wonder of my own as well. This is my first time up and went in with a 3.9 but have no clue as to the average required multiple over last couple years. But as it’s my first time up, not really nervous either. I’m a cross rate so probably don’t really have a  Janice yet to pick up first time. But I have two good evals as a first so we will see. It is what it is. 

GMFCC
On 3/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, CTN1(IW/FMF) said:

I concur with your wonder of my own as well. This is my first time up and went in with a 3.9 but have no clue as to the average required multiple over last couple years. But as it’s my first time up, not really nervous either. I’m a cross rate so probably don’t really have a  Janice yet to pick up first time. But I have two good evals as a first so we will see. It is what it is. 

With a 3.9 you should make board handily. I’m a crossrate as well, and I’m here to tell you that you’ve got a shot. If you’re fully qualified, that is. Everyone always talks about the mysterious formula for making Chief, but to be honest there isn’t one. Just don’t suck, and know what you need. That’s it. Be solid as a human, and as a professional. And if you DO suck, then try to suck less each day. I know that seems like a huge marginalization of the entire process right? For me, it took 4 tries because professionally, I sucked.  I made board by a lot each time, I had never had anything below an EP, I had my PME/JPME, an impact COM, a bunch of NAMs etc... but I chose to not get CSOOW and I transferred to shore duty before I got it and got N every year. As soon as I got to sea again I got it, and the next cycle I made it. Of course, there are a ton of people that are awesome that never make it because they are at the mercy of numbers though... maybe for them there is a magical formula, or prayer, or chant that you need to know lol. As a CTN, I don’t think that’s you though.

• Thanks 1

CTN1(IW/FMF)
7 hours ago, GMFCC said:

With a 3.9 you should make board handily. I’m a crossrate as well, and I’m here to tell you that you’ve got a shot. If you’re fully qualified, that is. Everyone always talks about the mysterious formula for making Chief, but to be honest there isn’t one. Just don’t suck, and know what you need. That’s it. Be solid as a human, and as a professional. And if you DO suck, then try to suck less each day. I know that seems like a huge marginalization of the entire process right? For me, it took 4 tries because professionally, I sucked.  I made board by a lot each time, I had never had anything below an EP, I had my PME/JPME, an impact COM, a bunch of NAMs etc... but I chose to not get CSOOW and I transferred to shore duty before I got it and got N every year. As soon as I got to sea again I got it, and the next cycle I made it. Of course, there are a ton of people that are awesome that never make it because they are at the mercy of numbers though... maybe for them there is a magical formula, or prayer, or chant that you need to know lol. As a CTN, I don’t think that’s you though.

I did get this today haha

C60C03FC-376E-4890-9C66-4D322ADBD8B9.jpeg

• Haha 1

Tony
17 minutes ago, CTN1(IW/FMF) said:

I did get this today haha

C60C03FC-376E-4890-9C66-4D322ADBD8B9.jpeg

:5278:

• Haha 1

CTN1(IW/FMF)
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

:5278:

This is essentially what I did when I pulled it out of the cookie

Tony

I know, we alway look at ours and ponder our fate... :lol:

Our fate are in the hands of a cookie!

• Haha 1

PO14Life

I ask my magic 8 ball every year and it keeps lying to me. 😂

• Haha 1

GMFCC

Well I guess it’s all done then lol. Go ahead and buy your khaki pants ;)

• Haha 2
  • That Sounds Good!! 1

AS1(AW/SW/IW)

Profile sheets will be posted tomorrow at 0900 EST... Good luck guys

• Thanks 2

IS Uno

Jesus take the wheel. Good luck everyone.

• Haha 1

PO14Life

Waiting wth bated breath. Going to be mashing refresh while on watch.

PO14Life

Congrats to all those who got their ticket. Keep charging, for those who didn’t.

• Like 1

DocU

Got my ticket. Third times a charm.....right?

• Like 2

BXPS1

I'm Eligible again! I made sure I left no holes in my record this year.

• Like 2
  • Cool! 1

Tony

Welcome to the influx of newcomers that joined. Don't forget to vote! :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

MR1lane
20 minutes ago, Tony said:

Welcome to the influx of newcomers that joined. Don't forget to vote! :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

Lol. Been lurking for a few years. Congrats to all that made board. 

I do however have a question. 

I received my air pin. Back in 2009. Got awarded the day before I flew to Afghanistan on a year long IA. Wasn’t until 2012 time frame that I realized that award citation was not uploaded into my Serive record. I tried contacting the command I received the qual from (VQ-2), but they had decommissioned at that point. My original citation was part of some other documents that the ex wife threw away during my IA. It shows on my 2009 Eval, but it’s not in block 44. Only in block 3. I’ve had mixed answers on this, ranging from don’t worry about it, or submitting a letter stating that the document is missing and unable to be had through issuing command. What is your take on this issue. I’ve already got two other warfare devices along with this one.

thank you in advance.

MR1 Lane

• Cool! 1

subguy10524

Congrats to all those that made board. I as well made board. Now comes the part we have the most impact on. The record review. Making sure all evals are continuous, all awards are in, and everything is up to date as it should be. Good luck to all! Don’t be afraid to reach out to anyone on here or to a chief in your command to check your records and decide if a letter to the board is needed. 

• Cool! 1

AME1

So I was done with the test in about 45 minutes, and somehow cut a 76.  So 8th times the charm?

• Like 1

PO14Life
45 minutes ago, AME1 said:

So I was done with the test in about 45 minutes, and somehow cut a 76.  So 8th times the charm?

Maybe it’s the sign, hope you make it.

• Like 2