FY19 Chief Selection Board

Guest GoNavy88
7 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

It's difficult to tell senior officers and enlisted that what they wrote for you is not good enough. I have learned in the past that you could write an amazing eval with input from other master chiefs and then hand it to chain. Once they get it, they tend to put their own spin on it. You could inform them of your input, but I would tread lightly, some people that have been doing this for a long time tend to be offended when you make comments about their work. All in all it sounds like you got the slice of pie, you just might have to eat the crust first before diving into the filling.

"It is better for a man to leave great men in his position than to leave as the greatest"

Thank you, that is the feeling I get if I were to press the issue.  Good to know that I am not overthinking things, lol.

Guest TUTOBENJI
On 1/9/2018 at 12:17 AM, osiris0107 said:

Has anyone's last eval migrated to their OMPF yet?

Nope i check at least 3 times a week, and nothing yet!!

Guest osiris0107

Just took the test as well, wasn't as hard as it's been in the past. That just means everyone is going to do good this year, lol.

Guest osiris0107

When someone gets their periodic uploaded in their OMPF can they post the notice on here. Or if there is a PS1 or PSC in this forum can you give us a timeline as to how long it takes them to migrate to our OMPF.

-Thanks

Guest GoNavy88

Anyone

8 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

When someone gets their periodic uploaded in their OMPF can they post the notice on here. Or if there is a PS1 or PSC in this forum can you give us a timeline as to how long it takes them to migrate to our OMPF.

-Thanks

90 days at the latest - but depends on the size of command as well.  If you dont see anyting by the end of febuary, get with Admin.  

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009

Our ITC exam was the most difficult/hardest but easiest (strange I know) I've taken in years. I went back and checked of a few of my answers that I should've gotten right but decided to pick the wrong answer. :(  I went in with a 3.90. I hope I still have a chance. I hate the waiting game.

Well I went with the same plan I had last year when I thought it was my last test.  I just picked the first answer, and I finished in under a hour.  Some of the stuff I brushed up on from previous exams was on the test, but this time it had a lot of new stuff that I haven't had the past few years so didn't concentrate on.  Guess I'll see how well I guessed here in a few months.

Guest osiris0107
3 hours ago, AME1 said:

Well I went with the same plan I had last year when I thought it was my last test.  I just picked the first answer, and I finished in under a hour.  Some of the stuff I brushed up on from previous exams was on the test, but this time it had a lot of new stuff that I haven't had the past few years so didn't concentrate on.  Guess I'll see how well I guessed here in a few months.

Bro I have seen you on this forum for years now, really hope they call your name this year.

2 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Bro I have seen you on this forum for years now, really hope they call your name this year.

Thanks.  We shall see what happens  I hit 20 years in June  so basically my last shot to get the full high 3 if I pick it up this year vice next year.  I'm working for a good Chief, and the Senior Chief I worked for last year was good as well.  So will see how the awesome evals they wrote me look to the board (if I make board, not feeling it after that test).

5 minutes ago, AME1 said:

Thanks.  We shall see what happens  I hit 20 years in June  so basically my last shot to get the full high 3 if I pick it up this year vice next year.  I'm working for a good Chief, and the Senior Chief I worked for last year was good as well.  So will see how the awesome evals they wrote me look to the board (if I make board, not feeling it after that test).

I have my fingers crossed too AME1!!

BBb)

Guest Christyl

I am back this year, just on the other side! 

To encourage those who have a PRT failure, I did too 3 years ago and I was still selected. It’s not an end all be all! 

I helped proctor the exam, the tests looked hard! It was cool to see what is on different ratings test. 

Guest osiris0107

Quick question to my PS friends in the house. I submitted an award to a selection board that is taking place right now. The award just got up loaded to my OMPF. Just wondering if anyone knew if they upload those things in the middle on a board. The reason why I am asking is because my board doesn't require a page count and never could verify with NPC that all pages from my package were received. If this was uploaded by the board then I would know all pages were received. Thanks.

Guest GoNavy88
15 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Quick question to my PS friends in the house. I submitted an award to a selection board that is taking place right now. The award just got up loaded to my OMPF. Just wondering if anyone knew if they upload those things in the middle on a board. The reason why I am asking is because my board doesn't require a page count and never could verify with NPC that all pages from my package were received. If this was uploaded by the board then I would know all pages were received. Thanks.

Award submission to OMpF is a different process.  One that take up to 90 days from when it was submitted to NDAWs or through PERS.  Anything that goes to the selection board only get viewed by the board members and deleted afterwards as stated on the navadmin.  Hope this answer ur question.

anythi

Guest GoNavy88
34 minutes ago, CTN1(IW/FMF) said:

So checked my continuity report today and my most recent eval is labeled as rejected. Talked to several FCPOs in my command and they have the same. So I am assuming this is a command wide issue, but any advice particularly from previous board members on best way forward with this?

Go see ur Eval coordinator, the command should have received an eval rejection letter.  It will tell them what they did wrong and should have already started correcting that issue.

Guest ABGrape

I am forward deployed in Sasebo, Japan and this is my 4th time up for Chief.  My Divo says that we get extra points when they review our packages ?  Can anyone validate this ? Thanks in advance 

Guest PO14Life
2 hours ago, ABGrape said:

I am forward deployed in Sasebo, Japan and this is my 4th time up for Chief.  My Divo says that we get extra points when they review our packages ?  Can anyone validate this ? Thanks in advance 

Well if it does it hasn’t helped me any. Almost four years FDNF

Guest PO14Life
1 hour ago, ABGrape said:

What is your rate ? I am ABF with 15 years and fully qualified in all faucets of my job. 4th time up here 

LS with almost 15 years.... 4th time up. All the checks in the blocks. I’ve had my record reviewed by several people including MC’s, they say I hit everything they look for. Just not my time yet.

Guest ABGrape
On 2/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, PO14Life said:

LS with almost 15 years.... 4th time up. All the checks in the blocks. I’ve had my record reviewed by several people including MC’s, they say I hit everything they look for. Just not my time yet.

Sounds just like my situatuon ! Good luck this year hopefully we can overcome the odds 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, ABGrape said:

What is your rate ? I am ABF with 15 years and fully qualified in all faucets of my job. 4th time up here 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, PO14Life said:

Well can't say I have all checks in the block, but fully qualified in my rate.  I've also done 2 IA's, and in my 19 years this is my 9th time eligible 8th board if I make board this year.  I haven't done any of the volunteer or college stuff so that might have held me back I'm sure.  I'm also sure my flatline of evals hasn't helped much either.  The one thing I've gotten over the years of being on here, and just the years in the Navy is no one ever knows what the magic thing was that got them selected.  I've heard of guys who have NJP in the last 5 years getting picked up, then you also have PRT failures, or people who have P's.  So I try not to stress to much about it, and just know if it happens it happens.  If not in 2020 I'll hit the yellow brick road with 55% retirement.  Either way it's a win/win for me.

Guest PO14Life
9 hours ago, ABGrape said:

Sounds just like my situatuon ! Good luck this year hopefully we can overcome the odds 

Good luck to you too! Hopefully we will both be out there this year

Guest PO14Life
4 hours ago, AME1 said:

Well can't say I have all checks in the block, but fully qualified in my rate.  I've also done 2 IA's, and in my 19 years this is my 9th time eligible 8th board if I make board this year.  I haven't done any of the volunteer or college stuff so that might have held me back I'm sure.  I'm also sure my flatline of evals hasn't helped much either.  The one thing I've gotten over the years of being on here, and just the years in the Navy is no one ever knows what the magic thing was that got them selected.  I've heard of guys who have NJP in the last 5 years getting picked up, then you also have PRT failures, or people who have P's.  So I try not to stress to much about it, and just know if it happens it happens.  If not in 2020 I'll hit the yellow brick road with 55% retirement.  Either way it's a win/win for me.

I like your positive spirit, but I do hope this time is yours. It’s also never to late to volunteer or pick up some college.