FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Rwar007

Didn’t make it for reserve security and just trying to pick up the pieces. I still trying to figure out where it went off the rails. 

I had PME, SEJPME, Officers PME perfect continuity with EP every year since 2012. Civilian LE experience. I wonder if my time waiver held me up as I’m at 14

I was forunute enough to be selected this year. All others, congrats, and those who weren’t, keep pushing and keep leading. I wanted to dispel some common rumors you may have heard about what you “need” to have to be selected. Long story short, I was told I had no business applying.

1. I was NOT #1 overall for CO endorsement. Not sure where I ranked but definitely not number 1.

2. I did NOT receive all 10’s on my appraisals 

3. I had a break in applications. Applied FY 16 FY 17 skipped 18 and reapplied in 19.

4.  I have not gotten an EP(minus transfer) since 2012, as a first class and Chief.

If anyone wants me to look at their package or ask any questions, feel free to message me.

again, keep pushing and your time will come

Guest Sbreakall
On 3/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, Rwar007 said:

Didn’t make it for reserve security and just trying to pick up the pieces. I still trying to figure out where it went off the rails. 

I had PME, SEJPME, Officers PME perfect continuity with EP every year since 2012. Civilian LE experience. I wonder if my time waiver held me up as I’m at 14

I made it for reserve security with a 16 yr time waiver. I'd be happy to look at your package and show you what I submitted. Feel free to IM me. 

Guest Butter Star
On 3/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Rwar007 said:

1 hour ago, Sbreakall said:

I made it for reserve security with a 16 yr time waiver. I'd be happy to look at your package and show you what I submitted. Feel free to IM me. 

I made it two years ago at 14 years for 6285, and as Sbreakall said he made it at 16.  SELRES do approve TIS waivers, so it wasn't that.  All 20 6495 quotas were used.  Your confidence factor wasn't as high as the other 20 candidates.  Things to consider:

Do you have a recent mobilization?

Do your evals show that you develop and mentor junior sailors?

Are you the LPO?

SOQ, SOY & MOVSM are other big things to raise your confidence factor.  You were probably on the bubble and missed out by a couple of points.  Look for holes in your package, and study what the selectees did, and plug those holes.  Also your CO recommendation and officer interviews may not have been strong enough.

Guest Mustang6235
9 hours ago, Sbreakall said:

Are you a MA? What does your security/ATFP resume look like for the Navy. 

You may be the best YN in the reserves, but that won’t be enough to get you a 6495 selection.