FY18 Chief Selection Board

4 hours ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

Yeah I remember that discussion. I never agreed with just letting the non-selects roam around wondering. The whole "if you dont get a call, then you didn't make it" mentality is a terrible one.

And then there was those few commands where no one was notified at all. Mainly reserve but they had to wait for the public release. Was kinda' sad reading those stories. Don't know if it's still happening but it was mainly when this Triad method was new.

Just now, HI_IT said:

Got it, Tony.  Sorry about that.

Absolutely not an issue. I post articles from there if they are new and related but otherwise prefer that the articles I have are used. Just one of those quirky things to serve ads on this forum to keep it running.

:graphics-3d-smileys-636308: 

Guest Riverine Rat
1 hour ago, RivRat973 said:

Me too brother best job I ever had

Yes it was wish we could go back to the "TRUE" Riverines 

Guest SeaBeeDoc

I think the TRIAD finds out on 02AUG and NAVADMIN released on 04AUG.  We need to start a betting on proposed dates see who wins. 

I got a case of beer on the fridge and going to enjoy my weekend celebrating my birthday with the family and as for the proposed date I betting that the TRIAD hears on the 2nd and the NAVADMIN is released on the 3rd.

9 minutes ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

I think the TRIAD finds out on 02AUG and NAVADMIN released on 04AUG.  We need to start a betting on proposed dates see who wins. 

I got a case of beer on the fridge and going to enjoy my weekend celebrating my birthday with the family and as for the proposed date I betting that the TRIAD hears on the 2nd and the NAVADMIN is released on the 3rd.

Just in case, there is a poll on the right sidebar. Those were the only two dates that were thrown out there.

Guest Dondada

Will be off 7 days of leave today at 2359. Hope everything turns out fine for everyone here. I SHALL report when I get the "S". Looking forward going thru the season with my brothers. 

Guest Dondada

Tony I was a registered member years ago, don't know what happened to my previous account. Happy to be back again, and thanks for the good work. You have provided a forum for us to discuss our career among ourselves, I commend your effort. 

3 minutes ago, Dondada said:

Tony I was a registered member years ago, don't know what happened to my previous account. Happy to be back again, and thanks for the good work. You have provided a forum for us to discuss our career among ourselves, I commend your effort. 

Sometimes I have to remove old accounts that have not been active for awhile. Ironically tonight I just did that to some old accounts. This helps keep the database down. Thanks much for the compliment and welcome back!

BBb)

Guest Admin_warrior
Just now, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

Yeah. 11 Eastern. Obviously people start getting calls a little bit later because they have to brief the CO and whatnot

Thanks! Im in Hawaii so it will be 5 am here whenever triad release takes place

Guest TRON828
12 hours ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

Anyone have big plans for the (possible, but most likely) last weekend before the season?

In the OBX :D

Guest Admin_warrior
3 minutes ago, NDC(DSW/EXW/SW) said:

I'm pretty sure thats how its been the last couple years. I remember when I was in Hawaii I came into work at 5am and just sat there waiting. THAT was a long morning.

Im sure i will be on pens and needles that morning just wondering my fate!

Guest brownshoe

I'm not savoy enough on the multiple replies.

1. Season starts when your local Mess says it does.

2. Somebody already knows the results...... just not us (the Mess).

3. When you,  If you are the "S".....................START CALLING.

4. There is no document that say's Triad knows first then.........BOL>>>>>> public.

5. ^^^^ Is only current belief based on the past 3 years.

6. The results are going to be out when they're out (You're not as ready as you think you are.).

7. When you, IF you are the 'S'........................start calling (I cant use bad werds here, but senior...ship) I'll stop there.

8. I'm wishing you all well because if you're here, you care.

9. PLEASE start using CAPS for "Sailor" and "Chief". It's the little things that will fail you.

Guest TRON828
4 hours ago, HawkISback said:

Ugh.  Last year like five people were board eligible besides me, so I got called in second last to be debriefed.  I thought I made it, then to find out nope.  That wassss tough.  Then we had to go to the pinning ceremony for the guy who did.  It honestly took me about the rest of the fall to get over. This year I'm anxious for the results but more guarded.  

Last command ONLY MADE 1 CPO.. out of 65 eligible .. needless to say the an E-9 made that place a dark cloud. When you don't give Sailors the nods they need then You don't get them promoted.:mellow: 

Plus never told us we didn't make it... emailed it... sad

Guest brownshoe

I see a lot of anxiety right now and not a lot of "what should I do in the first hour"........................ Oh MY... "FIRST HOUR"... IS THAT A THING?.......OHMMM (AT joke). Yes, your first hour IS very important, so is this weekend with your family.

Guest navyordie123
13 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

Definitely jealous, I grew up in NC and would always go there. 

Guest TRON828
5 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

Definitely jealous, I grew up in NC and would always go there. 

Yeah im from western NC. Near Lake Lure.. 45 from Asheville 

Guest PSjg78
23 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

Headed to Palm Springs with the husband ! Last weekend before kiddos come back and release of the results ! 

Guest TRON828
7 hours ago, AlphaMaleOne said:

destroying everyone else in performance without back stabbing brothers and sisters on your way to the top.  I moved from a P to all EPs after that by doing what it took.  if someone didn't want to progress I made my way past them.

If someone can make CPO with 3 straight P's...right place right time... gets them every time..

Guest FunBawse98
13 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

Yeah im from western NC. Near Lake Lure.. 45 from Asheville 

I spent my honeymoon in Chimney Rock! Lol