FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest TRON828

OBX was great..relax with family near the ocean but not for those in Cape Hatteras and Ocracoke.. they have no power and had to mandatory evacuate. Hate it for those people who rent a nice beach house. #P=IE   Hahaha 

Guest ¡Viva!

Well, I have managed my waiting very well this year.  At work, I could not even think of the results due to 100 Sailors I am managing.  Add the normal stuff like Safety, QA inspectors, transfer evals, LOE's, awards and stuff that my leadership wants to throw at me.  At home, I have my two hobbies: cleaning the cars, and looking in the engine bay to see if anything needs to be upgraded haha.  I have the lawn to cut.  I have my kids to play with. During my spare time, I play the Nintendo games I have found in the internet like Super Mario Brothers 3, Bomberman, 1942, Contra, Rockman, Tetris.  Then I also have the regular facebook notifications.  I have directV so Law and Order (MccoY) is always on.  By 2000, I am very tired and ready to go to bed.  I guess this is another sign of getting older.  

Good luck to everyone again!

Guest ABGrape

Anyone here currently on Recruiting Duty ? Talk about stress and anexity coming at you X10. Lol Quota to meet , Shipping issues and the results due anyway. I feel like this month has been preparing for this .

Guest SwimmerNutty
2 minutes ago, ABGrape said:

Anyone here currently on Recruiting Duty ? Talk about stress and anexity coming at you X10. Lol Quota to meet , Shipping issues and the results due anyway. I feel like this month has been preparing for this .

Can only imagine what that is like! I done the instructor duty at a fleet replacement squadron which is rough but not recruiting rough!

Guest NavySAR
28 minutes ago, SwimmerNutty said:

Can only imagine what that is like! I done the instructor duty at a fleet replacement squadron which is rough but not recruiting rough!

Which FRS?

Guest ABGrape
32 minutes ago, SwimmerNutty said:

When you have E9 telling you that you are crazy for doing recruiting should say something. Plus Pittsburgh is not the greatest place that people want to join lol. If I get selected it's worth it, if not it's like what else do I have to do. Lol

Guest Riverine Rat
1 hour ago, ABGrape said:

lol it's not so bad it's all what you make of it. I had a great time so much so that I converted to the dark side. (We have cookies!!!) Recruting is not so bad, just have to find your grove and learn the tricks of the trade and I'm not talking about lies to applicants. Where else can you go to work and if you have personal matters to attend to just knock them out. It's called PDCing. And once you build you pool and learn how to sandbag (if you ever work for an NC we want you to empty it) but you need to always keep one or two in reserve for next month. Do that and recruiting is not so bad. Plus you get to shape the Navy.

Guest SwimmerNutty
40 minutes ago, ABGrape said:

When you have E9 telling you that you are crazy for doing recruiting should say something. Plus Pittsburgh is not the greatest place that people want to join lol. If I get selected it's worth it, if not it's like what else do I have to do. Lol

Yeah I can only imagine especially in an area like that! I hope you make it so the pain was worth it. 

Guest navyordie123

Think by Monday we are gonna have to prepare for battle stations, get the alert SAR ready and have a few corpsman on standby if the results are gonna come out next week. Better prepare early than wait til the last minute.

Guest sk32004toLSC
7 hours ago, Riverine Rat said:

Another reason I want to be Selected so bad is my Grandfather is aging and it would mean a great deal to me to have him pin on one of my Anchors. 

Also my Father swore me into the Navy and even did my second re-enlistment. He played a big part in me joining the Navy. I have always wanted to do him and my Grandfather proud in my service. So it would be a big homer for me to have my Grandfather pin me and my Father Cap me. With my wife and 5 kids by my side as they have helped me achieve so much just by standing beside me throughout my career.

Ok I'm done now going to dry my eyes as I do get emotional thinking about how I got here and those who have paved the way before us all.

Chief Guns is right.  That is what it is all about.  Last year when I got selected was a very emotional time.  Years ago my Dad (retired Master Chief) gave me one anchor attached to the One Gold Anchor poem.  For many years I looked at that thing around this time of year wondering when I would get to use it.  That time finally came.  He was there to reenlist me as a FCPO and then was there to pin me with the anchor that he gave me.  Never Forget the family through the journey!

Guest ABGrape
1 hour ago, Riverine Rat said:

lol it's not so bad it's all what you make of it. I had a great time so much so that I converted to the dark side. (We have cookies!!!) Recruting is not so bad, just have to find your grove and learn the tricks of the trade and I'm not talking about lies to applicants. Where else can you go to work and if you have personal matters to attend to just knock them out. It's called PDCing. And once you build you pool and learn how to sandbag (if you ever work for an NC we want you to empty it) but you need to always keep one or two in reserve for next month. Do that and recruiting is not so bad. Plus you get to shape the Navy.

Totally agree ! Been doing it for about 3 years now. I am the LPO.  I have mastered the sand bagging to the fullest.  You make your own schedule once your get your people in. It's them CRF's that get me sometimes lol

Guest PO14Life
12 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

Survived the hike, 1.3 miles up 1000 foot gain.  Phew. Thought 1.3 was an easy day.  

Ugh I don't do hiking well. The one thing I will not look forward to is; the selectees hike mt Fuji here.

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, PO14Life said:

Ugh I don't do hiking well. The one thing I will not look forward to is; the selectees hike mt Fuji here.

I wear knee braces and hydrate hydrate hydrate. 

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

My wife's grandfather was a retired Chief, and I have his anchors in his shadowbox.  What makes them extra special is that he was in Pearl Harbor.  If I could get pinned with those anchors it would be extremely special for me and my wife, who was a QM for eight years.  He's in this picture:

Pearl Harbor Photo.png

Guest JayTheMA
9 hours ago, ABGrape said:

Yes. Out at NRD MICHIGAN. It's a totally different animal out here. This is my first board; so we will see how it goes. I took leave until the 1st just to travel and get my mind off of it. Left the station with a plan on how to make mission. Looking forward to coming in Tuesday and figuring it all out again. Lol.

Guest Riverine Rat
8 hours ago, ABGrape said:

Totally agree ! Been doing it for about 3 years now. I am the LPO.  I have mastered the sand bagging to the fullest.  You make your own schedule once your get your people in. It's them CRF's that get me sometimes lol

Lol oh believe me it can be even harder as a CRF. Gotta make goal.

Guest Riverine Rat
8 hours ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

My wife's grandfather was a retired Chief, and I have his anchors in his shadowbox.  What makes them extra special is that he was in Pearl Harbor.  If I could get pinned with those anchors it would be extremely special for me and my wife, who was a QM for eight years.  He's in this picture:

Pearl Harbor Photo.png

That is cool. My aunt told me I can have my Uncle's Anchors. He passed away from cancer two years ago and was looking forward to me getting selected. I told her I would be honored.

Guest PR1de
11 hours ago, PO14Life said:

I know the feeling. Actually, I'm looking forward to climbing Fuji again.  This time, hopefully as a Selectee and not just for recreation.  Don't forget about Mt. Sarubachi on Iwo Jima....Iwo To now.  Where are you stationed? 

Guest SwimmerNutty
9 hours ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Pearl Harbor Photo.png

That is amazing! I wish the best for you and I hope you pick up. My Dad works at the VA and one of the vets there was a retired Chief from just after WWII. My Dad was talking about what I did (as Dads do) and he was compelled to write me a letter and give me his anchors. Shortly after he did that he passed away. It would be really awesome to get those anchors pinned on, and continue his navy legacy. 

Guest SwimmerNutty
13 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

morning everyone.. hope you all are well, im trying to wrap my head around the week to come... had some major family drama that is foreshadowing everything right now.. .and it could be life changing for my wife and I so i have all of a sudden become focused on that and not this :( ugh when life gives you lemons, and you accidentally squeeze one in your eye.. .ugh! lol

Good luck to you. Life is funny how that works, and those dang lemons. I wish you the best through the chaos.