FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest Airframer718
9 hours ago, HooYahDeepSea said:

Hoping for tomorrow, but it might be ending up a Tuesday release.

LDOs/CWOs acting real funny right now around my command?

Guest CTRC(5)
9 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Has anyone on here ever completed those Homeland Security(I-V) Certifications before? Just trying to take courses that can help build my package.

I did all five of them. I don't know how much they would really help except to say that you are trying to further educate yourself. Of course I've never sat the board so I am not 100% sure, just assuming.

56 minutes ago, GMFCC said:

the site which shall not be named is blowing up... WO Rivera apparently said something that makes some guy believe that results will be out today, but the context of what he read leaves me uncertain that LDO/CWO results are what she was talking about...

I'll be honest, I don't think that was uncertain.  She clearly meant the accession message would be released.  Maybe the CWO OCM is throwing hopefuls a bone?

Guest Mustang6235

Since no one has jumped on here with the message release date/time, that means one of two things. 

1) Those Chiefs have transferred or are no longer active in this forum. 

2) The release isn't imminent. 

Just now, MM1(SW) said:

Since no one has jumped on here with the message release date/time, that means one of two things. 

1) Those Chiefs have transferred or are no longer active in this forum. 

2) The release isn't imminent. 

The last two years, the results were released around 11CST.  Only time will tell...

Guest Mustang6235

I mean, previously around Feb 23, Chiefs posted that on Feb 25 at 1100 hours, results will be released at this time. 

I found out about my S because of this forum. 

Guest AEGISFC1
2 hours ago, CTRC(5) said:

I did all five of them. I don't know how much they would really help except to say that you are trying to further educate yourself. Of course I've never sat the board so I am not 100% sure, just assuming.

How were they?  I am interested if you could talk a but more about them.  Even if I get picked up, it is something that I want to do.  

19 minutes ago, AEGISFC1 said:

How were they?  I am interested if you could talk a but more about them.  Even if I get picked up, it is something that I want to do.  

Speaking for Levels I and V, they weren't really that hard to get.  The study guides are about 70 pages long.

Guest AEGISFC1
1 minute ago, Intel said:

Speaking for Levels I an V, they weren't really that hard to get.  The study guides are about 70 pages long.

You study it and take a test, and that is it? Doesnt seem too bad.

1 minute ago, AEGISFC1 said:

You study it and take a test, and that is it? Doesnt seem too bad.

Yeah.  I was done with Level I in about 20 minutes and Level V took about 40-45.

Guest AEGISFC1

Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

10 minutes ago, AEGISFC1 said:

Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

I was the creeper, forgot to login.

Guest SailorDude
1 minute ago, SWSeabee said:

There's still time, though I'm still thinking Tuesday. An LDO I know thinks today is the day, however.

just as I was about to leave my desk...

A Board member kept asking yesterday at my command if I heard anything about when the results will come out. He actually did an appraisal for me. Do all board members see the final list? The member is not the designator I applied for, so I am not sure if he already knows my fate. I am not a body language expert to analyze his demeanor.

Getting about that time and we're only at 13 pages.  Either there wasn't a lot of participation this year, or people know it's not happening today.

Why do people keep guessing Tuesday?  CMC/CSC results came out at 1800Z.  There is still time today.  As for the posts on that other place, some people are making themselves look like donkeys!  Relax everyone...

Just talked to some CWO's and LDO's and they really believe that the results will post next week, so I'm going to stay out of the forum and NPC until Monday morning unless I get word they are out from reliable sources. Good luck to all my fellow 716X applicants and all other hopeful LDO/CWO applicants!

I love how people can't just take what she said and leave it alone.  "So does early mean Monday or Tuesday?" Lol.  Stop making yourself look desperate! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and gear up for next week.  I myself am going to brew up a nice NEIIPA!

Guest 639X hopeful
7 minutes ago, ENC said:

I love how people can't just take what she said and leave it alone.  "So does early mean Monday or Tuesday?" Lol.  Stop making yourself look desperate! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and gear up for next week.  I myself am going to brew up a nice NEIIPA!

I'd just say people are anxious.  Not desperate.  I mean, we're all here on this forum for a reason right?  Again, I'm assuming that would include you...  Desperate may be a stretch though.