FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Guest 639X hopeful
1 minute ago, GMFCC said:

What is the NEI? I'm going to go eat ship food, then do a ranking board, then go stand watch. Rinse and repeat until next week.

THE GOOD LIFE!

17 minutes ago, ENC said:

I love how people can't just take what she said and leave it alone.  "So does early mean Monday or Tuesday?" Lol.  Stop making yourself look desperate! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and gear up for next week.  I myself am going to brew up a nice NEIIPA!

Considering the fact she said expect them today and then changed it, people are rightfully irritated.  If you think it makes them look desparate, what do you think it makes you look like making fun of them?  Just saying.  

3 minutes ago, Mustang6235 said:

It makes them look desperate. If she had or wanted to release the day, she would have. 

You guys really know how to treat Sailors, huh?  Just trash them anonymously on a forum.  God forbid someone get anxious about advancement.  OCM's are there to field questions.  If she doesn't have the answer or want to give it, just don't.  It's as simple as that.  But don't make fun of someone for asking.

Think before you speak.  A First Class shouldn't have to tell Chiefs and Officers this.

Guest Mustang6235

She gave out information that she didn't have to give out. A simple thank you would have sufficed, not more follow on questions. 

Appreciate her going out of her way to post information, not continue to press for  specifics. 

1 minute ago, Mustang6235 said:

She gave out information that she didn't have to give out. A simple thank you would have sufficed, not more follow on questions. 

Appreciate her going out of her way to post information, not continue to press for  specifics. 

I completely agree she did everyone a solid by putting that info out.

1 minute ago, Mustang6235 said:

And if you would like, I can PM contact information so we can move away from anonymous banter on the matter. 

If you want to chastise me for criticizing you, go for it.  But the issue is you anonymously criticizing Sailors.  You made an effort to call them desperate rather than just scrolling on by.

NEIIPA is a North Eastern Double India Pale Ale.  Known to be hazy/juicy.

I stand by my comments.  Continuing to hound a CWO5 for more info about results release after they gave you some information makes you look desperate and over eager.

Alright you with Dallas Cowboys hat, over there! <points to the left>

And you, with the beer bong ballcap over there!! <points to the right>

Now, I haven't done this in a while, but today at 5PM we're all going to start a campfire, join hands, dance in a big circle and sing Tra-la-la songs in joyish contentment while drinking some dark ale (or milk with cookies), or even that NEIIPA!!

Guest IS1_645X

I was talking to one of the LDOs we have at my command and we were discussing the make-up of my appraisal board compared to his when he got selected. He was on an IA assignment and told me he had two appraisals from army officers (1 COL and a 1* General). Has anyone else in the forum had a appraisal from another service for any applications submitted for LDO/CWO respectively? 

1 hour ago, IS1_645X said:

I was talking to one of the LDOs we have at my command and we were discussing the make-up of my appraisal board compared to his when he got selected. He was on an IA assignment and told me he had two appraisals from army officers (1 COL and a 1* General). Has anyone else in the forum had a appraisal from another service for any applications submitted for LDO/CWO respectively? 

I haven't had any from other services, but I've had decent pay grade civilians.  Can't say whether or not it helped.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've basically come to terms with getting the "N" for 733X.  One of the warrants in my command was at the board and I'm not liking his body language. :(

anyone else overthinking this like me?

Guest IS1_645X
2 hours ago, Intel said:

I haven't had any from other services, but I've had decent pay grade civilians.  Can't say whether or not it helped.

I'm at a joint command and there are senior officers here from other services and flag equivalent civilians that I could ask for an appraisal, but I never thought it was possible... A LOR sure but not the actual appraisal sheet. Just thinking on a missed opportunity I guess. 

Guest Airframer718
6 hours ago, H60AMC said:

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've basically come to terms with getting the "N" for 733X.  One of the warrants in my command was at the board and I'm not liking his body language. :(

Yikes Bro!

10 hours ago, H60AMC said:

I am in the same dilemma. A board member at my command asked me when results are coming out. He sat my appraisal board but he's from a different designator. I am not sure if all board members see the final list or just panel members. Hard to analyze eye contact or body language. When he returned from the board, he told me the competition was tough and they worked long hours. Right now, I am not sure if he feels sorry for me or otherwise. 

Anyone else hearing this 1140 EST rumor?  I heard this twice and trying to see if anyone else has heard this. I'm not trying to stir the pot. I'll be in San Diego next week for a conference and won't be able to access my BOL throughout the day. Counting on my shipmates here to get that list posted!  Enjoy the stress free weekend and prepare to get your answer next week. Good luck to all!

7 hours ago, GMFCC said:

heck, I'm still trying to guess which DAY, let alone what time! Monday at 1140est would be nice though!

Dang, my bad...Wednesday 1140. 

Guest HooYahDeepSea
1 hour ago, SWCC said:

Are there any specwar candidates on here? 715x, 717x? 

There is a east coast reservist somewhere along these woods....

4 hours ago, GMFCC said:

I don't even know what to think anymore. Hopefully CWO5 Rivera goes back onto the other place and actually puts out a date. Part of me appreciates the hard schedule, but part of me likes the suspense. I remember a few years ago where this forum would be crashed during the last week of July and first week of August for CPO results. It's still popular, but the advance notice seems to have taken some of that fun away.

Agree, but I'm cool with just knowing early next week. Keeps a little bit of the suspense!