FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Who so ever wishes to start the "FY 16 Chief Selection Board" forum may do so. It's not just about waiting for the results. Some of those good questions that were asked can be asked sooner rather than later when you can do something about it...  BBb)

Guest FUTUREBOSN

I got the N again as far as I know. I haven't check bupers for a hold status yet because i'm on the road traveling to school and dont have a CAC card. I did notice 9 quotas were left un filled for BMC. If that is accurate that is definitely a kick in the face. I was #1 of 92 EP #3 of 68 EP  and three MP's all above the CO's average. And yes my evals are written well. My command is also puzzled by this. My mentor is a Master Chief Boatswain's Mate and he doesn't even understand why I wasnt selected.  265 board eligible, 88 quotas only 79 on the list. I find it hard to believe they could find 9 more people out of the 186 non selects. I am crushed right now but i won't give up.

I got the N again as far as I know. I haven't check bupers for a hold status yet because i'm on the road traveling to school and dont have a CAC card. I did notice 9 quotas were left un filled for BMC. If that is accurate that is definitely a kick in the face. I was #1 of 92 EP #3 of 68 EP  and three MP's all above the CO's average. And yes my evals are written well. My command is also puzzled by this. My mentor is a Master Chief Boatswain's Mate and he doesn't even understand why I wasnt selected.  265 board eligible, 88 quotas only 79 on the list. I find it hard to believe they could find 9 more people out of the 186 non selects. I am crushed right now but i won't give up.

Wow, that is a pretty good breakout. Don't get discouraged, those break outs will be noticed eventually. Keep charging.

Guest Intel Weenie

Hey folks, sorry I didn't post sooner. I got my "S"'...lucky number 7 for me. For those not selected, know that I've been there, and it's never fun...but the Mess watches your reaction...congratulate your shipmates and get right back on the horse. The best advice I can give is just keep on taking care of your Sailors. You take care of them, and they'll take care of you. It's not always about high numbers and what you've done personally. Good luck in the future to all of you, selected or not!

V/R

ISC(Sel)

Proud to say that I got that elusive "S". This forum has been highly beneficial for the past two years for me as a lurker. For those that made it,let's "Anchor Up" and for those the didn't keep your foot on the pedal, your time will come.

Thanks all for the guidance and wisdom. I have been a quiet lurker, semi poster, but decided to talk more.  I was blessed enough to get the elusive S this year.  Cant talk much, but I will be back to post and chat periodically. Things are heating up!

There is a member here who had a 1/323 breakout evaluation. Just curious if he or she made it.

Dogg I had 1/336 last eval and 1/389 on the transfer eval and I made it!!

Thank you Tony for this forum and the shout out!!! It's was a long journey and It's just getting started again!! No matter what paygrade you attain remember always put your juniors sailors first and the rest will take care of itself. The Big guy upstairs has a plan for all of us!!!

Congratulations to those who got the coveted “S”. I think I saw that SOY13 got it on his last try so this is something worth pursuing until the end. Please remember your troops when you join the Chief’s Mess. Again congratulations; this is really a life changing event.

I saw those who posted the “N” and more so at least two I think who said that was their last try. My heart goes out to you but want to remind you that preparation for the civilian world starts today (It’s a good thing, trust me).

As a reminder:

• If you get a copy of the list please post
  • There is a Chief Selectee Spousal forum. KnockoutTrish has helped others in the past and is just a plain ol' sweetheart so spouses, drop there and say hello.
  • The private selectee / Chief forum can be accessed by contacting Dogg. He needs to wait for the public release for validation purposes.
  • Selectees who will have “events”; they can be posted in the Enlisted News and Scuttlebutt area. Just let me know if you have problems.

Again, congratulations to our Chief Selectees!!

• 1 year later...
Guest itdominance
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 4:13 PM, Guest AEONESTAR said:

****This is right off the Physical Fitness tab on NPC - January 2014 Egram***

If there is an error in PRIMS, what needs to be done to correct the error?

1. Per OPNAVINST 6110.1J, requests to correct PRIMS data must be submitted to OPNAV

within 1-year of occurrence.

2. Requests for corrections to PRIMS must be made in the form of a Letter of Correction (LOC). When submitting an LOC, include ALL supporting documentation (i.e. handwritten BCA/PRT score sheets, orders, medical waiver, orders, etc…).

Note:

- If no documentation is attached with the LOC, this will only delay the request.

- If you submitted your request via email, there is no need to mail or fax correspondence.

- There is no need to forward Assistant Command Fitness Leader (ACFL) designation letters to OPNAV N170B. The CFL will grant ACFL access to PRIMS.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I just had someone try to update their PRIMS, and the response from them (via email as of yesterday) was that it was over one year and they referred straight to the instruction saying they could not do anything.   I have told him to address it in his LTB, and let them know that he eval reflects the passing score, but PRIMS cannot update due to over 1 year.   

***If you can have the command provide all the documents and the LOC, I would give it a shot.   If that does not work, address it in your LTB so the board know you attempted to fix it but was able to do so.*****

as a CFL I advise all my unit members to verify that their data was entered into PRIMS correctly upon completion of the PFA.  Not right that the service

member is paying for the ineptitude of another.  I advise everyone to check prims after completing the cycle each time. Trust but verify!