FY16 SELRES CPO Board Thread.

Guest SeaBeeDoc

Errr still no word from my TRIAD, I asked  my Senior Chief if there was a possibility that there was a glitch somewhere because I am the only FTS here? He  said no that it was because the CO/XO were out of pocket. Not sure how to read that info because it sounds like my CMC has eyes on it. So would they actually hold the info if it was good news? I am very excited for everyone who got the "S" and wish those who didn't the best. But I am personally feeling very stressed, it looks like I may have to wait one more day to find out. 

SeaBeeDoc

Guest jlspitler99

I just spoke with one of the Chiefs at the command and he said they hadn't even told them who made it yet. A yes or no would be fine either way.

Guest DBGMEDIC

First time Post, long time creeper. :ph34r:  I got the phone call this afternoon about 1:30 PST. I was stressing out when I didn't hear anything by noon. I got the call from C.O., "Congratulations Chief Select". I'm still letting it soak in. :woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-em  Thanks for keeping the rumor mill going, it was definitely entertaining. Also, for those who haven't heard anything yet, I was told not all the names are populated yet for some reason. So at this point, no word is still a good thing. Another rumor... ;)

Guest EngineeringCorpsman

Here's a question for those more knowledgeable than I: if I understand things correctly, the NAVADMIN will be released tomorrow.  Is BOL supposed to have been updated prior to that or not?  

Guest hayes

Here's a question for those more knowledgeable than I: if I understand things correctly, the NAVADMIN will be released tomorrow. Is BOL supposed to have been updated prior to that or not?

Nope. The triad gets access, then the NAVADMIN gets released, and then individual accounts and profile sheets get updated.

Here's a question for those more knowledgeable than I: if I understand things correctly, the NAVADMIN will be released tomorrow.  Is BOL supposed to have been updated prior to that or not?  

as I understand they are the same time - public release so 24hrs later. I know there may be issues releasing either one for different logistic reasons. 

Nope. The triad gets access, then the NAVADMIN gets released, and then individual accounts and profile sheets get updated.

There's a public and classified one. I have to keep deleting the classified one (the ones with the ssn) on this forum every once in awhile even though it is the first and only source...

Guest hayes

There's a public and classified one. I have to keep deleting the classified one (the ones with the ssn) on this forum every once in awhile even though it is the first and only source...

I am not special enough for the classified one! Lol I've only ever seen the public release. Actually, I wasn't even aware there's one other than that.

Guest EngineeringCorpsman

as I understand they are the same time - public release so 24hrs later. I know there may be issues releasing either one for different logistic reasons. 

Much appreciated.  I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to pick up, which is OK because school is kicking my tail this summer.  A definitive answer from the Navy, though, will put this to rest.

I am not special enough for the classified one! Lol I've only ever seen the public release. Actually, I wasn't even aware there's one other than that.

lol, no joke, more than once some well intentioned sailors who have access will post it here and I have to delete it. The last person had just made Chief and a I pmed im he said "man I should know better"  :o but he was just helping others who do not have access out.   BBb)

Congratulations to those of you selected, for those of you yet to hear anything don't give up hope (not talking badly about any chain of command) I know there can be issues getting the word out with the working dynamic of CO/XO/CMC's.

Guest jlspitler99

Have fun with the season at rtc heard they pretty intense up there. I was stationed on the tsc side when I was active. And they took all the selectee over to rtc for the final 24. Hoping I get my call pretty soon.

Guest BattleAdmin

I put in a call, apparently our TRIAD, believes the information is a secret and we can read the public release tomorrow.  I am thinking LDO sounds like a nice option.

Guest jlspitler99

I put in a call, apparently our TRIAD, believes the information is a secret and we can read the public release tomorrow. I am thinking LDO sounds like a nice option.

That's just wrong IMO

Guest Yeoman22

Well I finally was told: not this year for me. I didn't expect it being that it was my first look and I only have 7 years in. Congrats to everyone that made it!!!!

YN1(SS)

Guest jlspitler99

These late reports coming in are yall on the west coast? It's 815 here in Norfolk and no call yet and my command has them but isn't saying anything.

Guest BattleAdmin

These late reports coming in are yall on the west coast? It's 815 here in Norfolk and no call yet and my command has them but isn't saying anything.

Same here, tight lipped, my SEL can't even get the info.  I have a buddy out west that got the news early today.

I put in a call, apparently our TRIAD, believes the information is a secret and we can read the public release tomorrow.  I am thinking LDO sounds like a nice option.

And I got those kind of reports last cycle; that a select group, Triad-wise, thought it was privileged info. The purpose (compared to the old way) is to allow the leadership an opportunity to practice exactly that - leadership. They do the congrats and patting on the back and whatnot.  :huh: