FY16 SELRES CPO Board Thread.

Guest Knottatech

First post. Been lurking for a while.

I'm part of the group that doesn't know because the Triad is holding till tomorrow. Tony is correct. The point of the staggered release is to allow leadership the opportunity to stand up and use the 24 hours to notify. S or N is not the point.

It should be for them to say congratulations or let's review what you need for next year before the public release. It's a way to continue the mentoring.

Congrats to all who made it and let's continue on to those of us who didn't.

Guest SandcrabCTT

Good evening all... well I just found out I got the infamous 'N'... well time to grieve is over, now time to get the bibs next month and get ready for next February cycle (098)!  This upcoming exam will be my last chance to gain those coveted anchors so... here we go!  Again a LOUD shout out to you all that got selected this go round and for all that didn't let's get hot on it!!!!

Congratulations for all the S's out there!

To the N's, once you get over being bitter at being passed over (it took me a couple of weeks) review your record to make sure there isn't some eval continuity issue.  The continuity report doesn't catch much from my experience.  Contact people in your rate that got selected and compare records.  See what they did that you didn't and spend the next nine months knocking those gaps out.  Also talk to as many chiefs that you can and have them review your record AND your periodic eval before you submit it to the CoC.  Get as much feedback as you can and filter out what doesn't make sense to you.  Feel free to contact me (especially if you are a surface or combat systems rating) and there are other CPOs on this forum that will probably be happy to help.

Guest SandcrabCTT

To the N's, once you get over being bitter at being passed over (it took me a couple of weeks) review your record to make sure there isn't some eval continuity issue.  The continuity report doesn't catch much from my experience.  Contact people in your rate that got selected and compare records.  See what they did that you didn't and spend the next nine months knocking those gaps out.  Also talk to as many chiefs that you can and have them review your record AND your periodic eval before you submit it to the CoC.  Get as much feedback as you can and filter out what doesn't make sense to you.  Feel free to contact me (especially if you are a surface or combat systems rating) and there are other CPOs on this forum that will probably be happy to help.

Hey great direction Chief, all very good points!  Having scrubbed, reviewed  by CoC and a whole bunch of senior leadership (E7-E9) reviewing my record a strong E6 still can't get to the next level when there is only a quota for 1 as it was this year for CTT.  I'm going to push forward as I always do and I'm going to take care of my sailors to the best of my ability as I strive to do.  Hopefully next year quotas will open up for CTTs.... Thanks Chief, I'll take you up on your offer from your post!

Guest jlspitler99

So are the triads instructed to let the selectee or non selectee know or is this info that gives them a heads up on just who has made it?

So are the triads instructed to let the selectee or non selectee know or is this info that gives them a heads up on just who has made it?

what I understand from the beginning is that the Triad sets their own policy.

Guest SWSeabee

Got the N. I could moan and stop working, lord knows I want to, but I'm an LPO and there's stuff to do.

Like looking over LDO information.

Guest EngineeringCorpsman

Got the N. I could moan and stop working, lord knows I want to, but I'm an LPO and there's stuff to do.

Like looking over LDO information.

Right there with you.  If I don't pick up before I get my degree (May 2017..so basically one more cycle), it will be CEC or I'm out.  

Guest PSjg78

To the N's, once you get over being bitter at being passed over (it took me a couple of weeks) review your record to make sure there isn't some eval continuity issue. The continuity report doesn't catch much from my experience. Contact people in your rate that got selected and compare records. See what they did that you didn't and spend the next nine months knocking those gaps out. Also talk to as many chiefs that you can and have them review your record AND your periodic eval before you submit it to the CoC. Get as much feedback as you can and filter out what doesn't make sense to you. Feel free to contact me (especially if you are a surface or combat systems rating) and there are other CPOs on this forum that will probably be happy to help.

Thanks Chief ... !

Guest 1crazyseabee85

:5229: Good morning all I have been MIA for a bit I was taking a much needed rest on the Beaches of sunny Miami FL :s3dauto_car_red_100-100: . I have now caught up with everything that has been posted since Friday and I want to say congratulations to all of the ones that have gotten that big elusive S. I have not heard from my command but I will wait to look for myself later on this morning. For those of you that unfortunately got that crappy N Keep working, shape and mold those junior sailors of the future. Like our own children make them better then we where so that our NAVY stays the strongest in the world :usa: . For those of us who still haven't heard any thing Good luck may the S fairy come and visit us soon.

Guest CJS1999

Got my "S"!!! Full Command Triad was not available to tell me until this morning but hearing ISC is quite sweet I must say. :D  Thank you to all who have contributed to this forum and the advice and commiseration given. It has taken me six tries and sixteen years so giving up, while an option, might be premature to those still trying. All the best to my fellow Selects!

Guest 1crazyseabee85

Wow, every one must be really busy :4225: , really hung over :bigemo_harabe_net-08: , or still waiting on the news :graphics-3d-smileys-313328: .

Guest SKLS1

Wow, every one must be really busy :4225: , really hung over :bigemo_harabe_net-08: , or still waiting on the news :graphics-3d-smileys-313328: .

i'm in the I don't know stage. My Chief was not given any information from the NOSC, and that was around 7 last night. I'm mentally prepared to look at the list in a few hours though...

Guest 1crazyseabee85

i'm in the I don't know stage. My Chief was not given any information from the NOSC, and that was around 7 last night. I'm mentally prepared to look at the list in a few hours though...

I am in the same boat as you no word from my command leadership so I am waiting to look for myself in a few hours is 0912 here in Norfolk so the wait continues. Good luck

Guest Mumtaaz

Got my "S"!!! Full Command Triad was not available to tell me until this morning but hearing ISC is quite sweet I must say. :D  Thank you to all who have contributed to this forum and the advice and commiseration given. It has taken me six tries and sixteen years so giving up, while an option, might be premature to those still trying. All the best to my fellow Selects!

I just sent you a message, I made ISC also!

Guest TipoftheSpear

I see there are a few others in the same boat as me - no word yet.  I am SELRES, deployed, and neither my current command nor my NOSC can see my info.  Not sure who's list I am on but I guess I will know in a few hours. 

Congrats to those who were selected!!

Guest navymaverick

It says around 11 so before 11 would be nice and not after

Last week would have been better.

Guest SKLS1

I just really don't agree with CoC that have the results, knowing very well what it means to us and aren't being supportive by letting us know one way or another. I would rather have my Chain tell me no and prepare me... but that is my rant for the day. Maybe I am just being frustrated. But I'm a bit disappointed already.

Guest 1crazyseabee85

I just really don't agree with CoC that have the results, knowing very well what it means to us and aren't being supportive by letting us know one way or another. I would rather have my Chain tell me no and prepare me... but that is my rant for the day. Maybe I am just being frustrated. But I'm a bit disappointed already.

I am very split on how this information is put out. Yes I think that the Triad should be the one to inform you on yes you were selected or no you were not, how ever because some folks are deployed, some are attached to a command other than the NOSC, and the NOSC UIC is what was on some of our advancement exams there are to many variables for some of us. I am attached to ACB-2 who does have a commanding officer, I have an OIC at my detachment but all my information is tracked by NOSC Norfolk. I contacted the CMC at the Command I contacted my OIC both of which said they have not seen any results for our people. I have seen two people at my Detachment advance to Chief and none have ever been contacted by the chain of command. Not from the ACB-2 nor the NOSC. Both told me that they found out by looking on BOL. This is a crazy time and process for all of us and unfortunately this is the system we have in place. :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Guest jlspitler99

15 more min and hopefully we will all know who made it good luck to all who haven't found out yet