Jump to content

FY18 Chief Selection Board


Recommended Posts

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

Yesterday was chaotic, and I didn't get a chance to post more than that I was selected!  I am humbled and excited to be selected.  Being a Chief has been the goal since the day I joined the Navy in 1997.  It has been a long, strange road to get here, but it looks like the 12th time was the charm!

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum.  Being able to share our hopes, fears, and anxieties as we went through the extended waiting period for the results made it all a lot easier.  Thank you @Tony for providing this forum year after year.  I hope you'll let me hang around in the future to be a part of the advancement process for others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well it was another "N" for the fourth year in a row.  Lets see if a mobilization and finishing my degree gets me over the top.  Congrats to all that have made it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Navyspook
1 minute ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Yesterday was chaotic, and I didn't get a chance to post more than that I was selected!  I am humbled and excited to be selected.  Being a Chief has been the goal since the day I joined the Navy in 1997.  It has been a long, strange road to get here, but it looks like the 12th time was the charm!

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum.  Being able to share our hopes, fears, and anxieties as we went through the extended waiting period for the results made it all a lot easier.  Thank you @Tony for providing this forum year after year.  I hope you'll let me hang around in the future to be a part of the advancement process for others.

Congrats!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Yesterday was chaotic, and I didn't get a chance to post more than that I was selected!  I am humbled and excited to be selected.  Being a Chief has been the goal since the day I joined the Navy in 1997.  It has been a long, strange road to get here, but it looks like the 12th time was the charm!

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum.  Being able to share our hopes, fears, and anxieties as we went through the extended waiting period for the results made it all a lot easier.  Thank you @Tony for providing this forum year after year.  I hope you'll let me hang around in the future to be a part of the advancement process for others.

It would be an honor if you continued visiting to have fun and help others.

BBb)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, subguy10524 said:

More likely an updating websites issue or chop chain for release issue. But I could be wrong. 

It could be, but the reason I say that is because it was never announced that there would be a change to the current method of release after Triad, which has always been 24hrs. That was a new one on me and being the "behind the scenes" kinda' guy, I look for those little signs. :ph34r:

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So where does the list usually pop up first?  Half hour past posting time, and my BOL still shows no board results.  The N from last year is gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't get selected, I'm looking for help here in the future to make it. This next time will be my 6th time. Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Anyone who wishes to start the "FY19 Chief Selection Board" is free to do so anytime.

Aye aye.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AME1 said:

So where does the list usually pop up first?  Half hour past posting time, and my BOL still shows no board results.  The N from last year is gone.

I think it would be BOl, or that link @Navyspook provided. The database was already updated, they just need to change the "permissions", and that's part of the reason I also think about the time being wrong. It should have gone out 37 minutes ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I think it would be BOl, or that link @Navyspook provided. The database was already updated, they just need to change the "permissions", and that's part of the reason I also think about the time being wrong. It should have gone out 37 minutes ago.

Well I stayed up playing around on netflix, but now sleep is starting to call.  Will check BOL this afternoon when I get up, and then get the list to see who I know.  I see the guest count rising, so best of luck @Tony, and go easy on the F5 you guys and gals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest kontogsl
3 minutes ago, ETC(EXW/SW) said:

if BOL hasn't crashed  lol. Both lists are public, flipping through them as I sit here.

Chief if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you message me the cttc section? Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest HawkISback
16 minutes ago, WJ77 said:

I didn't get selected, I'm looking for help here in the future to make it. This next time will be my 6th time. Thanks in advance.

If you blot out the SSNs I will take a look for what it's worth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest PSjg78
16 minutes ago, ETC(EXW/SW) said:

have seen  the reserve/ fts list, still no sign of the full active list

Where is this FTS/REserve list ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Numbers indicate the numerical order of advancement.

Fiscal Year 2018 Active Duty Chief Petty Officer Selectees
http://t2.militarytimes.com/chief-advancements/2017/

Fiscal Year 2018 Full-Time Support
http://t2.militarytimes.com/chief-advancements/2017/fulltime/

Fiscal Year 2018 Selected Reservist
http://t2.militarytimes.com/chief-advancements/2017/reserved/

 

1 minute ago, PSjg78 said:

Where is this FTS/REserve list ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

If you blot out the SSNs I will take a look for what it's worth. 

Will, do after I get over it in a few days... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online

  • Latest Posts

    • Tony
      WASHINGTON — The Navy’s warships have been spending less time at sea and more time under costly and lengthy repairs since 2011, according to a government watchdog report released Tuesday. A review of 151 surface warships by the Government Accountability Office showed worsening maintenance delays, more breakdowns requiring repairs and a rising number of working ship parts removed and used elsewhere due to parts shortages in the industry supply chain.
    • Tony
      QUANTICO, Va. - The U.S. Naval Community College will start taking applications for the Associate of Science in Aviation Maintenance Feb. 27, 2023. This degree will be offered in partnership with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and will include a Naval Studies Certificate embedded in the program. Here are the top ten reasons you should apply for the AS in Aviation Maintenance with USNCC
×
×
  • Create New...
Forum Home
www.NavyAdvancement.com
Boots | Navy Patches
Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family