FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest SouthernSailor
30 minutes ago, Tony said:

Thank you and congratulations on getting the S. BBb)

Thank you.  It still feels like a dream... 

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, Tony said:

@HawkISback,

I've known you on this forum for a very, very long time and have seen you move up in rank over the years. In between making rank and getting kicked off this forum here and there :D , I've seen the knowledge and experience you've gained and then shared with others – I saw that transformation that was leading to Chief.

I am very happy you made Chief, and I had to go get my daughter to tell her the good news that you had made it. Whatever you do, please continue helping others and whatever happens don't change. Just continue being yourself because you were already Chief's material.

BBb)

It's about paying it forward now. 

Guest SEABEE(NMT)

Just wanted to say congratulations to all that were selected. I was one of the few to get the "S" and it still don't feel real.  Thank you all for everything I know for a fact that this forum has helped so many Sailors. 

Just now, HawkISback said:

@Tony  I owe you for that penalty box day, I'm telling everyone I know to F5.  Lol. 

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

I think everyone knows about that F5 after this one!

Guest cscs(ret)2010
15 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

It's about paying it forward now. 

Congrats shipmate. You said it right, pay it forward.

Guest OSCinthemaking

OSC(SEL) first time up and he blessed me with the "S". let's see what the next 10 years have to come. Thanks everyone for the support. 

41 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

@Tony  I owe you for that penalty box day, I'm telling everyone I know to F5.  Lol. 

And just to give you another laugh, for the last couple of days, and more so today, it was restart Apache, restart SQL, restart php-fpm. Then, when that didn't work (because of all the F5s, and no memory) it was forceful reboot - chewing gum and band-aids for several days. Then there was all the security alerts about the server which was caused by all of the PMs, notifications, emails and whatnot because the serve was not used to the gazillion % increase. Fun though...

:bigemo_harabe_net-85:

Guest SouthernSailor
1 hour ago, OSCinthemaking said:

OSC(SEL) first time up and he blessed me with the "S". let's see what the next 10 years have to come. Thanks everyone for the support. 

Awesome... congrats!!

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, cscs(ret)2010 said:

Congrats shipmate. You said it right, pay it forward.

I NEVER thought I would be here, I'm playing with house money.  I'll do my best to protect my people so they never deal with the same stuff I did. 

1 minute ago, Surf AT said:

Selected as well. @Tony are you going to start a Selectee Form this year?

Not this year Surf AT, the stars are not aligned to support this. The bigger thing that happened was that year I accidently deleted 83 accounts, a majority Chiefs. The new software had a flawed filtering system. That was the main support to get the Sel going. I can still get a private thread going for SEL, now that I think about it, after the public release. Just let me know, but it may take a few days cuz' of my schedule. I know you all will disappear but that is doable.  

Guest SwimmerNutty

Got called in to do a CDB and me and my buddy were standing there as the captain explained that the entire command only made two Chiefs then he followed it up with no those two individuals are standing in this room.  Nearly broke down! What an absolute blessing!

Guest SouthernSailor
16 minutes ago, SwimmerNutty said:

Got called in to do a CDB and me and my buddy were standing there as the captain explained that the entire command only made two Chiefs then he followed it up with no those two individuals are standing in this room.  Nearly broke down! What an absolute blessing!

Congrats!! iI is exciting to be able to go through the season with your buddy...

Guest SwimmerNutty
Just now, SouthernSailor said:

Congrats!! iI is exciting to be able to go through the season with your buddy...

Absolutely!!! Nice to have each other to lean on if need be!

Guest HawkISback
8 hours ago, navyordie123 said:

Well it's the N for me again this year. Maybe the 6th time will be my time. 

Sorry to hear that. 

Guest NvyChief2bhpfly

Congrats to all that made it today! Never felt so nervous in my entire life as I was blessed as a Chief Select today. Thank you all in this forum for your knowledge and experience. Looking forward to the next chapter of my career!