FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is the part I don't like - those who get left in the dark. Happens every year. Take care of your Sailor? I don't think so :unsure:

This^

Guest BethSta

My husband hasn't heard anything yet.  And I'm the one who is having anxiety about it!! 

His attitude -- we'll be able to see tomorrow.

He is way toooooo patient sometimes I swear!

Guest Navywife
2 minutes ago, BethSta said:

My husband hasn't heard anything yet.  And I'm the one who is having anxiety about it!! 

His attitude -- we'll be able to see tomorrow.

He is way toooooo patient sometimes I swear!

Tell me about it! My husbands the same way. I was tossing and turning all night and have been sick to my stomach with anxiety waiting to hear something.

Guest BethSta
2 minutes ago, Navywife said:

Tell me about it! My husbands the same way. I was tossing and turning all night and have been sick to my stomach with anxiety waiting to hear something.

I am SO glad it's not just me!  LOL!  <3 Here's hoping for the best!!

7 minutes ago, Navywife said:

Definitely. I certainly can not post my reactions to husband. lol But if not today, I will wake up at 0500 and check for him. 

**Thanks for the reminder, didn't realize that was included** :(

Lol, that is automated. Every rule in the guideline has a particular origin. For that one, it was the argument I got into with the Navy office that actually releases the results, and them only sharing with that paper. 

Guest Boatsnhoes

Just got the official call, BMC(sel), hard work payed off right at my 20yr mark. Thank you all here for your guidance. Still hoping more get the good news.

Guest SouthernSailor
1 minute ago, Boatsnhoes said:

Just got the official call, BMC(sel), hard work payed off right at my 20yr mark. Thank you all here for your guidance. Still hoping more get the good news.

Congrats!!

Just now, YNC(SS)to6410 said:

Thanks for sneaking me back in Tony.  Great to be back.

Jumped back into the mix to tell all the Selects - "Congrats".  Enjoy the moment and have fun.

If this wasn't your year, I have good news:  The board will convene again next year!

Congrats again!

Glad to see you swing by. BBb)

Guest cscs(ret)2010

Thanks for allowing access Tony. I follow this forum every year but decided its time to sign up.  

To all that were selected; Congrats!  Those that did not; never give up. Keep charging and continue to take care of your Sailors. Your time will come.

Guest Navywife

Well my husband didn't make it. It was his first time up but his package was strong. Apparently what held him back was being 1 of 1 at his current duty station. 

Heres to busting his chops studying for the next time.

Congrats to all those who made it and good luck on your new journey as chief.

Guest ITJuan(IW/SW/AW) 009
6 hours ago, HawkISback said:

ITC(SEL).  Thanks everyone for hanging with me on here.  If I can be selected anyone can, hang tough and keep fighting!

Congrats brother! Right on! I sent you a PM.

Guest HawkISback

I'm not saying my path was right, or wrong for that matter.  Now that the board members list is out, engage them.  Even if you have been up numerous times and your record is gtg.  I reached out to 3 of the ITCMs last year, only one responded but she did take the time to review and make recommendations.  If you like to read and you are junior to this forum read The Chief Petty Officer Guidebook, pay close attention to the wheel of success. It MIGHT be just what you need for the sprinkles on you package.  

Guest Navywife
2 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

If you like to read and you are junior to this forum read The Chief Petty Officer Guidebook, pay close attention to the wheel of success. It MIGHT be just what you need for the sprinkles on you package.  

Where can I locate this guidebook for my husband?

Guest HawkISback
35 minutes ago, Navywife said:

Where can I locate this guidebook for my husband?

I got it on kindle or you order from amazon 

Guest Navywife
10 minutes ago, HawkISback said:

I got it on kindle or you order from amazon 

I got it, it's on my kindle. My husband has access to it also. So I'll be easy for him to get to it. Thank you!

@HawkISback,

I've known you on this forum for a very, very long time and have seen you move up in rank over the years. In between making rank and getting kicked off this forum here and there :D , I've seen the knowledge and experience you've gained and then shared with others – I saw that transformation that was leading to Chief.

I am very happy you made Chief, and I had to go get my daughter to tell her the good news that you had made it. Whatever you do, please continue helping others and whatever happens don't change. Just continue being yourself because you were already Chief's material.

BBb)

Guest SouthernSailor
15 minutes ago, Tony said:

@HawkISback,

I've known you on this forum for a very, very long time and have seen you move up in rank over the years. In between making rank and getting kicked off this forum here and there :D , I've seen the knowledge and experience you've gained and then shared with others – I saw that transformation that was leading to Chief.

I am very happy you made Chief, and I had to go get my daughter to tell her the good news that you had made it. Whatever you do, please continue helping others and whatever happens don't change. Just continue being yourself because you were already Chief's material.

BBb)

It's good to see that kind of recognition on here, Tony.  Thank you for what you do and for allowing us to come here and bond and learn and grow.  Honestly, I didn't think I stood a chance even with the high numbers.  I was an AE on AD and now I'm struggling trying to be a good BM even though I know very little about it.  It has been a humbling experience but a good one.  Thank you to everyone on this forum.  If anyone needs anything, please do not hesitate to reach out....

2 minutes ago, SouthernSailor said:

It's good to see that kind of recognition on here, Tony.  Thank you for what you do and for allowing us to come here and bond and learn and grow.  Honestly, I didn't think I stood a chance even with the high numbers.  I was an AE on AD and now I'm struggling trying to be a good BM even though I know very little about it.  It has been a humbling experience but a good one.  Thank you to everyone on this forum.  If anyone needs anything, please do not hesitate to reach out....

Thank you and congratulations on getting the S. BBb)