FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Creed2011

We are in the same boat in this matter. I'll put it this way if you were performing at a level of a seasoned First Class during those eval cycles as an E-5 and it's documented as such in your evals I wholeheartedly feel you have a chance. That's why it's imperative at our level to write our Second Classes evals as such due to the possibility they may pick up First Class their first or second time up. I have known a few people in this circumstance that have picked up Chief having Second Class evals evaluated by the CPO board. Fingers crossed for all in our situation!

Guest Creed2011

Thanks for the info y'all. Luckily I do have very strong e-5 evals and my first full e6 was a #2 out 38 and I got sailor of the year out here on recruiting duty. Hopefully the quotas will be good maybe I'll have a shot. Good luck to all of you.

Guest amcreed

Is CPO 365 ramping up at your command due the results coming out soon?

CPO 365 is really robust year round at my command, but we are getting a better turnout (both Chiefs and FCPOs) now that results just about a month away.

Guest amcreed

My command has gotten a little better with CPO 365. We was heavy in the beginning but things slow down. Now we starting PT again. Hopefully we can get some more khakis involved due to all our inspection are completed

It just works better when the CPOs show they care about it.  I think that is the point of the program and what makes it strong.

Guest amcreed

The link below is the NPC Enlisted Advancement Board Brief from last year.  A member from last year's board presented the information to us at a CPO 365 training.  It gives a lot of good information and a ton of stuff that we have discussed in this forum.  Take a look.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyenlisted/Documents/ENL ADVANCEMENT BOARD BRIEF FOR PERS-803 WEBPAGE (21 Jun 2013).pptx

I am going 95

you are expecting it to pick up huh? In years past we used to have more conversation on the forum. I hope every guest signs up and gets involved with the conversation. it really helps the time pass especially on weekends.

Guest amcreed

you are expecting it to pick up huh? In years past we used to have more conversation on the forum. I hope every guest signs up and gets involved with the conversation. it really helps the time pass especially on weekends.

I hope that the guests sign up too.  You know when it gets closer, and after the quotas come out, more people will sign up.  Tony will be busy!

Guest amcreed

Get the bandages ready Tony

The "slow down people, relax with the F5" is coming.....We are just a bunch of refresh savages around here! lol

Guest AWFChief

Any page predictions? I say results release no earlier tgan page 74

It'll definetly start picking up on here this week ;)

Guest amcreed

It'll definetly start picking up on here this week ;)

I remember the page count getting up into the 120s and either they being archived or deleted to make space for all the traffic coming in.  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right.

Guest FTS(PS)

AHHHHHHHH!!!! This wait is killing me....lol...Good Luck to all the AC.  Im FTS but im looking forward to seeing you guys' quotas as well.  I just wish they would release those results for us already...lol....Its gonna be a long week

Guest shooter mcgavin

The link below is the NPC Enlisted Advancement Board Brief from last year.  A member from last year's board presented the information to us at a CPO 365 training.  It gives a lot of good information and a ton of stuff that we have discussed in this forum.  Take a look.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/activedutyenlisted/Documents/ENL ADVANCEMENT BOARD BRIEF FOR PERS-803 WEBPAGE (21 Jun 2013).pptx

Guest shooter mcgavin

Thanks for posting this as it is a good read. All pretty standard stuff but it is good to see how the board plays out and to help dispel some myths out there although not completely since the board members are sworn to secrecy. Makes me wonder how much the boards differ from one to another. I hope to make it to the level where I can attend the board one day. I am going to get my command to use this brief during our 365 training. 

One thing i noticed is in the FAQ's it tells you how to list the enclosures in the LTB. I know last year it was Encl 1. Package of items for consideration. This year on NPC it told us to break them out individually which is what I did. So for arguments sake i wonder if they changed it up to see who is paying attention to detail. Some have stated that they way your LTB is drafted up doesn't matter and the board doesn't see it. If that is the case why change it from last year? In the grand scheme of things this is minor but something tells me it matters...how much of an impact it has? who knows?

Guest shooter mcgavin

apparently this forum has challenged my quote and reply skills. my apologies. ready to see the quotas!

apparently this forum has challenged my quote and reply skills. my apologies. ready to see the quotas!

and I was just about to post the below...

"Pssst, hit the quote button and start typing outside of the quote box , usually below"  :D

Hey you!! Yeah, you 18 guests reading this. Sign up for accounts and join the party. No one likes the guy/gal that just stands in the corner and stares, lol.  :ph34r:  

• Like 1

So anybody think we get quotas today? I think we will be lucky to get them tomorrow with Wednesday being the more likely day. thoughts?

Guest FTS(PS)

Our quotas came out the same day that the board convened this year.  I dont see any reason why you guys' quotas shouldnt come out the same day as well.  My prediction is around 1400ish...The "ish" gives me wiggle room...lol...Im always right sometimes BBb)