FY 15 Chief Selection Board

MHO on the personal opinion of board members has to do with the potential factor. These Master Chiefs hope the candidates they select make good Chiefs after all is said and done. This explains why an E6 with 8 years gets the nod while a more experienced and top notch E 6 with 14 years doesn't . The board members may just feel the junior E6 has the potential to become a better Chief. Do they get it right every time? Absolutely not.

Yes this discussion made my morning!!! I want to be that person that makes it into the crunch zone to have my record briefed and fought for. Question for anyone that may know but what's the average time it takes to score a rating with 300 eligibles? I would think they would have to be kinda quick since I've always been told that the process doesn't take any longer than 2 weeks.

Also I've always felt that the actual exam score should play a role in selection. I know there are some good and bad test takers but a great score in conjuction with great evaluations should defnitely play a role. 

This is from the precept

"Consider an eligible's demonstrated knowledge of rate and the extent to which that eligible used that knowledge to positively impact his/her command."

Also I've always felt that the actual exam score should play a role in selection. I know there are some good and bad test takers but a great score in conjuction with great evaluations should defnitely play a role. 

This is from the precept

"Consider an eligible's demonstrated knowledge of rate and the extent to which that eligible used that knowledge to positively impact his/her command."

Can we get a copy of the precept, can't remember where it's located  :huh:

Guest amcreed

Yes this discussion made my morning!!! I want to be that person that makes it into the crunch zone to have my record briefed and fought for. Question for anyone that may know but what's the average time it takes to score a rating with 300 eligibles? I would think they would have to be kinda quick since I've always been told that the process doesn't take any longer than 2 weeks.

I don't know the average time, but it takes a bit.  That's why board members get frustrated when the same package gets sent in multiple times.  They are required to view everything that is sent in.  It gets uploaded to the computer, they review your whole record and the program doesn't allow them to move onto the next record until each enclosure has been opened.

Guest amcreed

I really hope everyone took the time to knock out some PPME and JPME requirements.  Since it's listed in the precept.  I can tell you last year, out of the 14 that got selected here, 11 had completed at least their PPME or JPME for the next paygrade.  That told me something right there.  Those are things that give you points to make it to the crunch zone.  From there.....it's a toss up.

Guest AOCMAC

Ok here is one for you.  Today I logged into my NDAWS and seen that I have a Navy Com.  listed for this deployment that I'm on right now.  Given I haven't been awarded this just yet and quarters is in a few days my question is this.   Its in NDAWS,  and the instructions in NDAWS say that 1-2 weeks and it will update to PSR as well.   I am pretty sure I won't have time to get this in my ompf before the board starts.   But will they see it when they look at my PSR and think wow he didn't get this in his OMPF?  Whats your thoughts.   

Guest AOCMAC

PPME was a beast.  Finished in time to put the seven certs in my package.  Finally got my war college cert about a week after my package was uploaded.  Felt good to be finished

Guest FTS(PS)

This is from the precept

I agree that it would be nice if it counted....but the reality is that it wouldnt be fair for someone who took the exam and cut a 60...(which could have been one of the highest scores)..to be trumped by someone on an IA that did not take the exam and was given an automatic 80....Each cycle there are a number of people that are waived from the exam because of deployment....Your high score is rewarded with a trip to the board.....and knowing that 40% of the people who took the exam didnt make it to the dance.....that reward is good enough for me.

Guest amcreed

Ok here is one for you.  Today I logged into my NDAWS and seen that I have a Navy Com.  listed for this deployment that I'm on right now.  Given I haven't been awarded this just yet and quarters is in a few days my question is this.   Its in NDAWS,  and the instructions in NDAWS say that 1-2 weeks and it will update to PSR as well.   I am pretty sure I won't have time to get this in my ompf before the board starts.   But will they see it when they look at my PSR and think wow he didn't get this in his OMPF?  Whats your thoughts.   

Do you know what the date on the award is?  I honestly think that the board is going to see the date and see that you didn't get it till after everything was due to them.

Guest amcreed

PPME was a beast.  Finished in time to put the seven certs in my package.  Finally got my war college cert about a week after my package was uploaded.  Felt good to be finished

Yeah it did.  I was able to get the PPME and JPME done.  Lot of late nights getting that crap knocked out.  Looks good for my SSOQ package too!

Guest amcreed

I did the PPME last year immediately after the results came out...It helped me get re-calibrated, focused, and back into the game, leading up to SOY FY 13!

Nice!  Congrats on the SOY 13.  That's awesome!

Guest amcreed

Thanks!

That gives you a really good shot this year I would imagine.  Hope the rest of your record is on point!

Kinda off topic but does anyone have an issue with losing in through chrome on their phone? I can view the page but it won't accept my pw, explorer worked just fine though.

what error message does it give, if any?  :huh:

It just tells me my password is wrong, I have the same issue with my college website.

strange...

if you have auto complete or password saver on, do not use them but enter the username and password manually. If you are already entering manually you can try clearing the cache and clearing cookies. other than that, not sure..  :huh:

Guest amcreed

How soon will we see this year quotas?

The board convenes on Monday the 23rd.  They are most likely already signed and ready to be given to the board with the convening order and membership list.  I'm also thinking that they will get released Navy wide on Tuesday the 24th.  Big money, Big money, No whammy, No whammy!

Leaders, remember, even if the quotas are low for your rate, do not be discouraged. The year I made it I had a 1 in 10 chance, thought I had no chance in HE double hockey sticks, but the sun even shines on a dogs aft section every now and again ;)

I live by the slogan " All you need is one quota". If you are doing all the right things and have maintained SSP then you should feel that one quota is yours for the taking.