FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest CM1(SCW/EXW/PJ)

I just want to go home and get away from here but I can't.  Driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!

im stuck doing paperwork on the computer cant get away from this site.

Guest cali_gmwife

well I am off of here and going home to try to find comedies to entertain the husband...  let tomorrow get here fast for you all..   Good Luck everyone.   Try to get some sleep, if you get that S, I am sure you will need it tomorrow ;)

Guest SSTATEMAN

I second that motion...at this point I think I'm just going to go home in a little bit and curl up in the fetal position in my closet and wait until tomorrow lol...

Guest CM1_SKI

im stuck doing paperwork on the computer cant get away from this site.

I'm stuck waiting for an op test on a LARC.

Knowing the time is great and all but it does not make the wait any easier!  Now the question is, how long will it take the triad to release it to us once they find out.

That is the question.  On one hand they should know that everyone is going to be anxious about it and should expedite the notification process, but things do take time.  If I haven't heard anything by noon I'll assume I didn't make it.  

So Tony, has it been a lot less hectic with emergency bandaids since the implementation of the triad notification?  I imagine that it would be since people aren't freaking out as much as usual.  As always, thanks for putting a place together for all of us crazies to collect dust and share intel.

Guest amcreed

On our POD for tomorrow it has CPO 365 for 0915 pst.  Hopefully we will find out before then.

I'm 100% confused as to how they are planning on releasing the results.  They have put out multiple different methods and at this point, who knows how they are going to do it.  All I know, is they are going to be released.

I think the sad part like many have said is how long will it take to release it to all of us SBE's. The results come out to TRIAD at 0600 Local and work doesnt start until 0630 does that mean announcement ASAP or wait until who knows when. 

I just want to know I am hoping I am selected but more than anything I WANNA KNOW!!!

It all depends on your command. My Commodore called me at 0741 to tell me I was selected. I figured it would be around that time since he usually gets to work around 0730. Please keep in mind your command may not see this as an emergency(which I believe they should lol) so timeline is all dependent upon when they want you to know. There is not specific guidance saying "a command will notify member by such time". Nontheless stay positive and I'm rooting for you!

In the home stretch shipmates! How are you guys feeling??? I slept good the night before because I self medicated my self with Flexeril and some Melatonin:-)

I am not sure how things will be done here. SEL is off island, and we dont have an XO right now.  Based in Hawaii, the results will be out for 3.5 hours by the time we start command PT. Is the CO going to check BOL before PT and let us know then? Dont know, probably not. Then once he does finally check it, I am not sure what time he will get to work after PT and how many meetings he has, what method will he use to let us know... There has been zero information flow about this. So tomorrow morning before I go to PT, I will see a lot of your S's and it will just make me all the more anxious. Not sure if I'll PT better or worse because of it.

Guest NavyAT

They get released at 0600 here, then are TRIAD will walk around and get a face to face all the ppl that got the "S", after that we are having quarters at 1530 and then all the S's will get a shout out there.

Guest shooter mcgavin

Going on another 3 mile run at mt. Trashmore. My stress level is at a all time high.

Get it bro! You are close to me

So Tony, has it been a lot less hectic with emergency bandaids since the implementation of the triad notification?  I imagine that it would be since people aren't freaking out as much as usual.  As always, thanks for putting a place together for all of us crazies to collect dust and share intel.

Not really, this has been the most intense wait yet. So far our count is over half a million views for this thread. This is attributed to the new server which is way more stable. This is also attributed to you all who have made this forum a success. Some may think "well the forum crash didn't make it look that stable." The bottom line though is that the server could not handle the visit load - it ran out of memory before the bandwidth even became an issue – a first here. 

Everything has shifted left. That is one reason I have had to turn off registration; not enough hours in the day to take care of other stuff and to deal with some of the more demented Sailors in our Navy who troll here. Basically it it is still waiting for the results but to Triad. Also the new server is like the Zumwalt – you still need someone to check the gauges and press the buttons. So less band aids yes, less hectic – not even.  BBb)

Guest CM1_SKI

In the home stretch shipmates! How are you guys feeling??? I slept good the night before because I self medicated my self with Flexeril and some Melatonin:-)

Stressed out!  I think it is Beer thirty.

Guest CM1_SKI

I'm 100% confused as to how they are planning on releasing the results.  They have put out multiple different methods and at this point, who knows how they are going to do it.  All I know, is they are going to be released.

Our command has said nothing on how they will be released.  I'm with you, at least I know they will be released.

BMU-1 Coronado

You're literal down the road from me. Hopefully we will be able to share some secret selectee knowledge with one another lol

Guest CM1_SKI

You're literal down the road from me. Hopefully we will be able to share some secret selectee knowledge with one another lol

That would be great! We shall see tomorrow! Good luck!