FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest BOATSNUGGYD

38 minutes ago, Boatsnhoes said:

I wonder if there just gonna hold off until Friday just because it's a DWE and usually the NOSC CMC likes to meet the selects. Has anyone reached out to find a genuine chief for a mentor yet?

I found 2 chiefs and possible 1 senior.

Guest HawkISback

I'm in a unique position here, there's only four Chief's here two of them are Master Chiefs. I had some great mentors here but they all left or retired.  I think that was the worst part last year of not getting selected I wanted them to help me through the season. The command got an ordmod for me because I was going to pcs on the 7th of September so I guess they think I am getting it this year.  But I've learned my lesson feet grounded.  But I am ready to know the S or N. It's already set now, just need to let us smurfs  know. 

Guest PO14Life

I could have went through with my first chief in the Navy. He is now the CMC for a ship going through Talisman Sabre. We rotate our deployments and I was on the last one. I could have been selfish, but then I would have robbed my LS2 of his opportunity. 

Guest TRON828

DWE this weekend for my command:lol:.. Leave next week even if I'm so lucky to get the "S"..too much $ already invested Hahahah..

Guest NavyChic

I told myself I wouldn't be as anxious this year for results but I've been checking the forum everyday since last week lol 

I was surprised that the board convened earlier than the date that was on the NAVADMIN. I'm curious to know why?

I knew three people on the board, a Capt and 2 MC's one of which is at my current command but not in a my rate.

A email with a list of cadences were sent out for all board eligible,and to at least no one cadence.

I wish my current command, was more engaged in CPO365 with base runs like I've had at a previous command. To me it prepares you and get you ready to some extent, with running and singing cadences. 

Guest HawkISback
2 hours ago, NavyChic said:

I told myself I wouldn't be as anxious this year for results but I've been checking the forum everyday since last week lol 

I was surprised that the board convened earlier than the date that was on the NAVADMIN. I'm curious to know why?

I knew three people on the board, a Capt and 2 MC's one of which is at my current command but not in a my rate.

A email with a list of cadences were sent out for all board eligible,and to at least no one cadence.

I wish my current command, was more engaged in CPO365 with base runs like I've had at a previous command. To me it prepares you and get you ready to some extent, with running and singing cadences. 

I think it's normal to be anxious, it has life changing impacts with either outcome.   Be the change you want, you should talk about the running. It doesn't mean they will listen but you will feel better for trying. 

Guest navyordie123

I hope that everyone has a good productive day today, stay positive and remember that we all do this for different reasons weither it be family, country or whatever it maybe. We all know this time of year is rough on the nerves but let's keep our heads up and our sailors motivated. 

Guest BOATSNUGGYD

Amen

9 minutes ago, navyordie123 said:

I hope that everyone has a good productive day today, stay positive and remember that we all do this for different reasons weither it be family, country or whatever it maybe. We all know this time of year is rough on the nerves but let's keep our heads up and our sailors a

Guest HawkISback
2 hours ago, TRON828 said:

Good morning all.. getting ready for the morning 5k run..hope everyone has a productive day :D

Got a 1.5 in, I am going to visit my parents next month and doing a 5k. It's like 50s in the morning in Washington state but Indiana is going to be HOT and HUMID.  

Guest IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW)

Another week, and still not the time of prophesy.  As it is written in the ancient Chief texts:

"Lo did the hopefuls creep from their dens.  To navyadvancement.com did they creep.  To their Chiefs did they cry out, "Now?  Can we have the results now?"  But it was not to be.  Thus did the hopefuls scurry back to their nests, bearing witness to the eternal sadness of anticipation."

Guest PSjg78
4 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

Another week, and still not the time of prophesy.  As it is written in the ancient Chief texts:

"Lo did the hopefuls creep from their dens.  To navyadvancement.com did they creep.  To their Chiefs did they cry out, "Now?  Can we have the results now?"  But it was not to be.  Thus did the hopefuls scurry back to their nests, bearing witness to the eternal sadness of anticipation."

OH this !!!! hahahaha great laugh to start the morning !!!! Morning bro/sisters hahah

Guest Riverine Rat
18 minutes ago, IS1(IW/SW/AW/EXW) said:

lol love it!!!

Guest Riverine Rat

so another day sitting here glued to the message board. looking forward to some of the post everyone will be putting up as we wait for results to come out.

popeye.jpg

Guest DeepseaSeabee

Membership for AD folks is posted on NPC. I didn't recognize one name. I'm starting to think that full time support, selres and AD may be posted at the same time. 

Guest Mestizo68

Work has keeping me busy on the ship. Got 3M inspections form SURFLANT today. Hopefully we will hear something regarding results. I'm hopeful! If not, it's gotta be next week! 

Guest AlphaMaleOne
17 minutes ago, DeepseaSeabee said:

Membership for AD folks is posted on NPC. I didn't recognize one name. I'm starting to think that full time support, selres and AD may be posted at the same time. 

Yeah I saw the membership was posted Tuesday and I don't recognize any of the names either.

Guest PSC2B

Good Morning All.  AD PS1 here. I see the page numbers are  increasing.  I am long time lurker. Just made another account. I have been  coming here since 2010. I thought I would make another account.   One week to go.  Hope to see the S. They are making 64 PSC out of 277.  Better numbers than last year.  Let's see what happens.

Guest Intel

My guess is results will be released on the July 27th, or August 1st or 3rd.  The Navy has an affinity for Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Good luck to everyone!  Second time up here.  Fingers crossed....

Guest HawkISback
17 minutes ago, PSC2B said:

Good Morning All.  AD PS1 here. I see the page numbers are  increasing.  I am long time lurker. Just made another account. I have been  coming here since 2010. I thought I would make another account.   One week to go.  Hope to see the S. They are making 64 PSC out of 277.  Better numbers than last year.  Let's see what happens.

Those seem like great numbers, good luck!