FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest TRON828

Yeah...got me a new pair of running shoes 5 weeks ago... they are wore in and ready... haha.. even if I get I don't get the nod.. always ready...;)

Guest OSCinthemaking

That's what I'm talking bout stay ready ain't gotta get ready. Plus this new PRT incentive for the once a year PRT is calling my name.

Guest TRON828

Yeah.. Glad they came out with that.. one a year will not be bad... now.. the waiting game for those results!!!!!!  ha-ha..

Guest DeepseaSeabee

I like the comment about getting ready to pt. That's funny. We are the worlds greatest Navy!!! As members of one of our nations finest fighting forces we'd better stay in shape! 

Guest DeepseaSeabee

I love that my rate(CM) is only making 6 out of 101CMCs this year. Super competitive! Only the best will make it. I feel like I'm definitely in the top 20 this year. Just can't see me being the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, DeepseaSeabee said:

I love that my rate(CM) is only making 6 out of 101CMCs this year. Super competitive! Only the best will make it. I feel like I'm definitely in the top 20 this year. Just can't see me being the top 6. 

For CTR is 6 out of 31. I factor some of those don't have their warfare pin. Some may not have deployments. I don't need to be the best--just better than 25. I guess I feel like that's doable. I'm not sure how much more I could pad my resume, with the exception of more time in rate.   

101 is a lot of people to be competitive with. Wish you luck, brother.

Guest DeepseaSeabee

I say this while I'm on vacation in Mexico. Time to get back to the delicious food and tequila with family. 

Guest SeaBeeDoc
6 hours ago, DeepseaSeabee said:

My rate is only making 10 out of 83, if I make it I can at least say I am in the top 10.          lol

Guest BOATSNUGGYD
On 6/28/2017 at 10:27 AM, LSHARP said:

I'm the only FTS eligible at a mostly active command so I'd be going through alone for about a month if I make it. 

I'm the same way. I hope it comes soon unlike a few years back when the fts results came out 2 weeks prior to pinning.

I'd like to think that if results were delayed, that maybe its because they are putting a lot of effort into carefully weighing the sailors who are board eligible. Maybe someone is arguing with another about why someone deserves anchors over another. I'd like to think that someone is fighting for me, maybe.

Or, it could be that something super janky is going on. Didn't two master chiefs just get in trouble for this?

18 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I'd like to think that if results were delayed, that maybe its because they are putting a lot of effort into carefully weighing the sailors who are board eligible. Maybe someone is arguing with another about why someone deserves anchors over another. I'd like to think that someone is fighting for me, maybe.

Or, it could be that something super janky is going on. Didn't two master chiefs just get in trouble for this?

The board is over the fighting is done with no news of janky business. The results are probably just going a little slower through the routing process. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

The board is over the fighting is done with no news of janky business. The results are probably just going a little slower through the routing process. 

Lol LET ME BELIEVE WHAT I WANT

Guest SeaBeeDoc
3 hours ago, sailormoon said:

Sa of right now two Master Chiefs were demoted to Senior Chief and the board was reconvened.

Guest PSjg78
2 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

That's only the active duty E9 board not ours. 

Exactly that wasn't our board... but I wouldn't be surprised if they are just being super overly cautious and making sure nothing is wrong with our results.... who knows what is going on ...

Guest OSCinthemaking

There was a debate today at my job. The person argued that the board will not see all of your Evals. Inputs anyone.

10 minutes ago, OSCinthemaking said:

There was a debate today at my job. The person argued that the board will not see all of your Evals. Inputs anyone.

The train of thought is they look at the last 5 years worth of Evals. But if it's in your OMPF it's fair game.