Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran | Bases | Enlisted Portal

Tony

FY18 Chief Selection Board

Rate this topic

1,375 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...

4 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Its just speculation and either way no one gets pinned til sept.. so in all honesty it doesn't really matter when they come out...

How long you get attention lol

2 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

How long you get attention lol

Not sure what you are asking...

3 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

Not sure what you are asking...

I'm saying that's the difference 

3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

I'm saying that's the difference 

ok... Difference between ?  Either way lets all just enjoy the weekend and see what happens... The Navy is going to do what the Navy is going to do... Stay motivated and positive and what will be will be :-)

1 minute ago, PSjg78 said:

ok... Difference between ?  Either way lets all just enjoy the weekend and see what happens... The Navy is going to do what the Navy is going to do... Stay motivated and positive and what will be will be :-)

You missed it that's the difference between active and FTS. FTS knows results about 3-4 weeks sooner so their initiation is 3-4 weeks longer hence the extra attention 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, LSHARP said:

You missed it that's the difference between active and FTS. FTS knows results about 3-4 weeks sooner so their initiation is 3-4 weeks longer hence the extra attention 

totally went over my head hahaha.. yes that is the usual but don't you find it strange that we have nothing yet?  Yes I am FTS.. hahah see im trying not to be stressed hahah

3 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

totally went over my head hahaha.. yes that is the usual but don't you find it strange that we have nothing yet?  Yes I am FTS.. hahah see im trying not to be stressed hahah

I'm with you the fact that it's weds and we don't have a time line I'm guessing the results will be out July 13th for us. 

1 person likes this

Just now, LSHARP said:

I'm with you the fact that it's weds and we don't have a time line I'm guessing the results will be out July 13th for us. 

Soo yup just lets relax and enjoy what free time we have left hahaha.... I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are right lol...

Well since BOL is up and running today, odds are results won't be this week. So I plan on enjoying my 4th stress free.

So as I mentioned before, I pick the 12th of July for Command Notification and the 13th for public release. I don't think they would be that nice and release the dates right after a holiday weekend. I am thinking there might be some delay as the MCPO Board reconvened this week as well as our Active duty counterparts.

1 person likes this

thCA8S4NAP.jpg.a5d68e3996e0cb132c5593d3f8a63f2e.jpg

1 hour ago, sailormoon said:

I think it would be incredibly negligent of the Navy to try and line the release dates up with Active Duty. Reservists have day jobs and need more time to plan. I live way too far from a command who would be participating in the season. They are talking about getting me berthing for the whole six weeks. It would be super unlikely for me to attend the whole time anyway. I scheduled my AT for two weeks in August on the off chance that I make it. I think the quota was 6 out of 31 who were board eligible.

On a different note-- in the IW community, is it true that if you don't have your IW pin you most likely won't get picked up for Chief? I have IW/SW/AW, but I am wondering how true of a statement that is.

If you are at a command where you can get a third pin, you need to have it. Not just for IW community this applies to everyone, it is looked at as a detractor.

1 person likes this

Let's talk about if you make Chief, have you preparing yourself for that PT lol. Break out the running shoes and let's get it. 

1 person likes this

I'm going to wait to see if I make it before I break out the running shoes. I have duplicate degree in my record so I don't think I will pick up and it's my first time making board so no need to start with the additional running just yet :P.

lol I hear that lets not get over excited, play it safe.

4 hours ago, PSjg78 said:

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

59 minutes ago, sailormoon said:

I think it does matter. Reservists are already behind the curve in being able to fully participate in the season. The active navy, while they do not have a direct responsibility to reservist selectees, needs to do what they can to accommodate these sailors. Sailors who are able to fully participate and immerse themselves in training activities positively contributes to the mess. It makes no sense for them to hold out on the dates. The longer they hold out, the less participation will be seen.

Im sure they have thought about that, Reservists will have ample opportunity to participate in activities I get it.. but if they aren't releasing as they usually do Im sure its for a reason...

Yeah...got me a new pair of running shoes 5 weeks ago... they are wore in and ready... haha.. even if I get I don't get the nod.. always ready...;)

3 people like this

That's what I'm talking bout stay ready ain't gotta get ready. Plus this new PRT incentive for the once a year PRT is calling my name.

1 person likes this

Yeah.. Glad they came out with that.. one a year will not be bad... now.. the waiting game for those results!!!!!!  ha-ha..

1 person likes this

BOL is still up and running... results of last year still up so yeah FTS/Reserve we are still waiting.....

I'm going to say next week...still nothing :blink:

5 minutes ago, TRON828 said:

I'm going to say next week...still nothing :blink:

Next week is a short week for most commands. I'm thinking July 13th now. 

1 person likes this

I like the comment about getting ready to pt. That's funny. We are the worlds greatest Navy!!! As members of one of our nations finest fighting forces we'd better stay in shape! 

Haha.. not mine.. we 24 7..365...