FY-20 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest Bunker-Buster
36 minutes ago, Tarheel PR said:

Brandman University has a MA Organizational Leadership program that’s only 7 classes for E-7 and above. That’s what I’m doing.

Thanks I'm going to look into it.

Guest GoNavy88
1 hour ago, Bunker-Buster said:

Should be starting my Master's soon trying to find the best time to knock it out....the price is out the roof.

Bro, look up university of incarnateward!!  Undergrad and grad is 250 per credit with no book fees.  

Guest Tarheel PR
1 hour ago, GoNavy88 said:

Tarheel PR, how do you like that program?

and kingATC, I just finished my final class from winter of 2018.  Did an extension for a year, lol.  Spent the most recent three day weekend in front of the computer.  

I’m at the end of my first class as of now, it was kind of difficult. Just lots or writing I’m not used to. The focus is on APA standards and Literature Reviews. The final paper is only 15 or so pages followed by a 10 minute narrated PPT on the paper. From what the instructor says it’s the most difficult one in the program. Here is the link: https://www.brandman.edu/admissions/transfer-center/military-and-public-service-professionals

LMK if you have any other questions....

Guest subguy10524

I finished my Masters in 2017. Went through Johns Hopkins. Completely online. MS in Systems Engineering. 

Mused GI Bill and even then had to use TA top up to cover some of the cost taking 2 classes a semester. Didn’t have to do anything out of pocket though. 

Application was easy, asked and got the fee waived. Also got the GRE waived by just asking. 

Guest Bunker-Buster
17 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

Bro, look up university of incarnateward!!  Undergrad and grad is 250 per credit with no book fees.  

Wow I looked it up and I currently live in TX so the school is only a couple hours away.  Never thought I could earn a Master's on TA alone so good looking out.  Bradman University seems like a great deal, but I would rather have a M.B.A instead.

Guest Tarheel PR
13 minutes ago, Bunker-Buster said:

Wow I looked it up and I currently live in TX so the school is only a couple hours away.  Never thought I could earn a Master's on TA alone so good looking out.  Bradman University seems like a great deal, but I would rather have a M.B.A instead.

Yeah I guess it just depends on what you want to do. It was just the shortest path to a graduate degree for me. When I’m finished I may get another Masters that will be more recognizable like an MBA.

Guest GoNavy88
20 minutes ago, Bunker-Buster said:

The admission process is easy too!  I’m registering for the masters in organizational development and leadership.  Brandman sounds amazing but 700 per credit would cap out my TA to 2 classes a year 🥶.

are you paying out of pocket by any chance bunk buster?

Guest Tarheel PR
34 minutes ago, KingATC said:

Speaking of degrees? How much do they weigh on these boards?

No idea, probably just assigned some secret point value like everything else hahaha...

Guest Bunker-Buster
5 hours ago, GoNavy88 said:

The admission process is easy too!  I’m registering for the masters in organizational development and leadership.  Brandman sounds amazing but 700 per credit would cap out my TA to 2 classes a year 🥶.

are you paying out of pocket by any chance bunk buster?

I haven't started my Masters yet mainly because of the extra cost, but I was in college my entire sea duty and going from ship to shore and all the logistics of doing it online is a nightmare.  Should be starting up again soon needed to allow my brain to breathe.

32 minutes ago, Tarheel PR said:

No idea, probably just assigned some secret point value like everything else hahaha...

That’s what I think as well. Especially when the discrete requirements say “encouraged, but not required”. 

Guest Bunker-Buster
1 hour ago, KingATC said:

Speaking of degrees? How much do they weigh on these boards?

Since it's not required who knows, but it's mentioned in the precept.  Not solely based off education because if it was then the program would be no different than the others that focus on education versus leadership and experience.  I'm sure you can have all the degrees, collateral duties, volunteer time and recommendations, but if you can't lead or have documented sustained superior performance you are not best and fully qualified! 

Well said. For some of us, next week will tell who had all the right ingredients! Only a few more days to wait. I was doing okay up until today, now I’m starting to feel the f5 itch coming on! Going to be a long weekend. 

Guest Tarheel PR
52 minutes ago, SubLS said:

How many times around has it been for everyone? This is my first time up but I cant imagine the wait ever getting any easier.

This is my fourth, by this point I’m emotionally vacant Hahahaha