FY-20 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Guest AMCSTack

Anyone else on the fence about applying again after receiving a string of ‘Non-selects’?  If any 6330/7331 LDOs or CWOs would like to look at my last few packages I’d appreciate the feedback :)    Thanks!

Guest T56ADCS

I’m on the fence and leaning greatly towards not applying. This was my 4th “N” for 7331, with 4 other previous applications for 6330 & 1520.

Guest AMCSTack
11 minutes ago, T56ADCS said:

I’m on the fence and leaning greatly towards not applying. This was my 4th “N” for 7331, with 4 other previous applications for 6330 & 1520.

This was my 3rd 7331 with a previous 3 6330 packages and then a STA-21 package a few years back as well...I’m thinking it might be a sign lol.  1520 was rough this year, I heard they had over 120 applicants for 4 spots 

Guest osiris0107

Well.. this will be my fourth time in FY20, so we will see what will happen. Hopefully you guys apply and get picked up this time.

Guest Teaguemonie

This was my first time applying for 633X. Hopefully this next one I’ll have more to offer in my package. Just gotta keep trying. 

Guest McMustang6330
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, Teaguemonie said:

This was my first time applying for 633X. Hopefully this next one I’ll have more to offer in my package. Just gotta keep trying. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, AMCSTack said:

Anyone else on the fence about applying again after receiving a string of ‘Non-selects’?  If any 6330/7331 LDOs or CWOs would like to look at my last few packages I’d appreciate the feedback :)    Thanks!

I'd be honored to look through any 6330/7330 applications and provide you with some grounded feedback about your package.  Send PM with your email address, and ill shoot you an email via NMCI with what I'd like to you to email over.

And @T56ADCS, every year you don't apply is an opportunity lost.  If its your goal, let the Navy tell you no until you cannot apply any longer.  Just my unsolicited $0.02.

21 minutes ago, McMustang6330 said:

I'd be honored to look through any 6330/7330 applications and provide you with some grounded feedback about your package.  Send PM with your email address, and ill shoot you an email via NMCI with what I'd like to you to email over.

And @T56ADCS, every year you don't apply is an opportunity lost.  If its your goal, let the Navy tell you no until you cannot apply any longer.  Just my unsolicited $0.02.

Thank you kindly for that. This is the kind of motivation that keeps this forum going. BBb)

Guest AMCSTack
On 3/7/2018 at 12:40 PM, McMustang6330 said:

PM sent :)

Guest osiris0107

Has anyone heard anything about the release of the number of applicants for each designator yet? they normally put it out after the results.

Guest McMustang6330
23 hours ago, osiris0107 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the release of the number of applicants for each designator yet? they normally put it out after the results.

Here yah go.

29133346_10156371344714642_1082706893920534528_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MNCS716x

Fourth time applicant this year for 712/716. Any selects willing to look at my package would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to all this year! Email: miguel.torres@mcm10.navy.mil

Guest McMustang6330
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, Tytanium said:

@McMustang6330 do you have the results for the SELRES/FTS board? I've always had a hard time finding the data for that. 

Sorry for the delay here, been out for a few.  I don't have it, but I will see if I can track it down.

Guest McMustang6330

This should be what you are looking for @Tytanium.  I pulled them from the FTS/Reserve Applicant Brief, which has additional information you might be interested  in as well

5ab8d48896edf_ReserveLDO.thumb.jpg.a9a4e083ce8afc5dffd67f706146f325.jpg5ab8d48cd0fe7_ReserveCWO.thumb.jpg.fee12f0e71ed71791648c823cae19b62.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cryppie01

First time applicant for the 681X designator. Been in 8 years and four of those are NSW, with at least two more left. Korean Linguist with time served on the watch floor in Korea. Really excited to begin this journey toward LDO and to learn from everyone on this site. 

Guest Squinter

I would encourage anyone who wants to be a LDO/CWO to submit a package. Do not be discouraged at previous "N's." I was passed over for Chief six times, DIRCOM twice, and LDO twice. I reached out to those that were selected, asked Chiefs, CWOs, and Officers from various disciplines to review my package, and by the 50th rewrite, submitted a package I thought could still use some fine tuning and was asking for a huge TIS waiver. Just when I was ready to start updating my information for the next year's application, the Admiral called me to his office to inform me of my selection.

INTEL lost it's LDO program this year. Other LDO programs seem likely to follow that trend in the near future. Some CWO programs are on shaky ground too. Fellow First Classes that decided to wait another year before applying, have missed out because his/her program cancelled the following year. You lose nothing by applying.

If I can be of assistance, one more filter to look things over, I will gladly offer what I can. Send me a message and we'll take it off-line. 

Guest osiris0107

Does anyone know where it states that a member has to formally request to apply for the LDO program. My last command every year made me submit a request chit to CO. My new command is asking me if this is even necessary. Just looking for it in black and white.

Guest Riverine Rat

I would like to apply but I am an NC (CRF) now and we dont have a LDO/CWO path. Plus I am at 15 years so last year was it for me. I have looked at OCS paths but due to age (35) PAO and Intel are the only ones available and I dont have the experience or proper degree for Intel, and PAO is a long-shot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest atypicalET

For all of those thinking about applying again, or wondering if it is even worth it. I was going through the same internal dilemma myself. This past Friday I received a phone call from my CO, I was on the alternate list and was called up due to a vacated spot. We all sit here and speculate, wonder if it ever happens and how. Well, let me tell you, it happens out of the blue with no warning and it is awesome.

Here is the thought that accompanied that information, and I wanted to share: I was so very close to selection, literally the very top of the unannounced list, and I may very well have never known it. I am sure there are some of you out there, on this forum, wondering if the effort is worth the potential of another ‘N’. It is ladies and gents, it is! I will never see the ‘S’ myself, because it doesn’t work that way, but when comparing the best against the best, even the ‘N’ is potentially just a phone call away from the goal.

So, in a nut shell, give it all you have every opportunity you get until you can’t possibly give any more. You never know, I sure didn’t and I am the happiest guy in the Navy this weekend. Good luck and hit me up if you ever need any help.

Guest Butter Star

I am a SELRES 6285.  Any potential reserve ldo/cwo candidates that want information on the program or contacts for your specific community feel free to contact me.