FY18 Chief Selection Board

Guest SeaDog

Morning all, been following this topic for the past week. Impatiently waiting for the results. This is my last shot to pick up. I retire next March. Yeah I could stay 2 more years but I'm calling it quits if I don't pick up this time. This post has been quite amusing though lol. Good luck everyone. Wish results would come out today but I'm thinking aug 2..... 

Guest ET1FORLIFE

Hopefully it comes out tomorrow or Wednesday. I have to cancel my hotel reservations in Tahoe by Friday. Have my post results leave staged.

Guest SWSeabee

The building I am in for this TDY is a dead-zone for cell service, so I have a good feeling this will be the week results come out.

Guest navyordie123

God morning to all. Just like everyone else I am hoping that the results will be out soon. Maybe all our prayers will be answered and we will see a timeline either today or tomorrow. I honestly think that they are awaiting the master chief results to be posted before they release the Chief results. But here is to hoping for a release in the next couple days for the Chiefs results. 

Guest Christyl

I think we could all use one of my favorite quote this week! 

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

Earl Nightingale

Time is going to pass,  if I get the N this year again I will keep making the best of the time!!!

Morning ladies and gents. Good luck this week. I'm in SRF-A for the next two weeks and anxiously waiting as well. The wait is almost over.

Guest SeaBeeDoc
18 hours ago, ALRECatCapt. said:

so I see a lot of people saying this week but a lot of MC's ive spoken to feel that it will come out on the 7th. what do you guys think?

So I think they will be out this week, but if you Active duty folks want to wait another week that's fine with me so long as they release the FTS this week. We have waited long enough. 

Guest SwimmerNutty

Good morning everyone the start of a fresh day and hopefully soon the beginning of a new journey in our careers this week. Good luck everyone!

Guest SEABEE(NMT)

Good morning all, here's to an hopefully great week. As the time draws near to the results being released the nerves and doubts are really kicking in for me.  This is probably the best year for my rate and in a while. 18 out of 87. Good luck to everyone on this forum. Thank you all for the great information given by all. And a big shout out to Tony for keeping this site up and running for us all!!

33 minutes ago, ArmybratNavywife said:

Good morning to all! I just noticed a post I made disappeared and realized ainmay have made an error in my post. @Tony I apologize. I did not intend to bypass the word filter, I genuinely used characters to let others use their imagination to fill in a 4 letter word. That being said. Would the results please be released already! I think everyone's beyond ready!

Thanks for mentioning it @ArmybratNavywife

This is the issue:

Someone sees @#%&*. Then someone, thinking the story is funny (which usually it is) will post the f%ck to one up that funny. And then it degenerates. I guess something about Navy Sailors, don't know but I can say the worst two offenders where a Sailor and a Navy wife. 

The Sailor posted something (about sex) that would make another person vomit. The wife posted something (about sex) that made 10 kazillion other spouses complain to me about that post and my forum (you know, because it was my fault.)  So needless to say, in normal conversation a #$%^& might work knowing your peers, and actually cussing works with your friends when you are face to face with them. Unfortunately, this is the internet where some treat it as the wild wild West and all are faceless. Except those who post their photos.

:graphics-3d-smileys-636308:

Guest ABGrape
1 hour ago, SeaBeeDoc said:

So I think they will be out this week, but if you Active duty folks want to wait another week that's fine with me so long as they release the FTS this week. We have waited long enough. 

My guess is Wednesday, but a very reliable source in the 9 community says Friday. Get underway! In the offing knoweth ye that hand over fist I will fight hard & fast! So batten down the hatches because between the devil and the deep blue sea I will deliver more than a shot across the bow! (You big dummy) I hope not cause I can't barely make it to Wednesday let on Friday.  Plus my command has mando full speed ahead training lol. 

Guest PhotoMate

I hate to be another "very reliable source" person, but those MCs out there that were saying the 7th were spot on... another week of waiting my friends!

Guest PSjg78
5 minutes ago, PhotoMate said:

I hate to be another "very reliable source" person, but those MCs out there that were saying the 7th were spot on... another week of waiting my friends!

don't!!! we cant take another one of those... Here is to A GREAT WEEK AND RELEASE!

Guest PhotoMate
2 minutes ago, PSjg78 said:

don't!!! we cant take another one of those... Here is to A GREAT WEEK AND RELEASE!

Sorry to do it, but that is straight from CNP's office

Guest PSjg78
4 minutes ago, PhotoMate said:

Sorry to do it, but that is straight from CNP's office

Good thing I wont believe it ..... Monday is not a day for release so it doesn't add up... I can see Monday being training day 1 but  not release

Guest ChiefDevilDoc
22 minutes ago, PhotoMate said:

No!

No!

No!

Guest CursedSwabbie

Started day one in my NEC so as much as I would like to find out I think either way it will be a distraction! At least I got some game of thrones and rick and morty in me to get through the week!