FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest CursedSwabbie
1 hour ago, Surf AT said:

CMC just wanted to know how we wanted to be notified as a whole.

THE TROLLING HAS BEGUN! I am sure if I was a CMC I would do things like this!

Guest AGatSEA

My Chief pulled me aside and whispered that the CMC put out to the CPO mess that results would be out the 5th. Take that for what it's worth.

Guest fryeguy67

After wrapping up my college finals, I'm beat and my brain is scrambled... I got CDO in four hours, I'll pass on what I hear, if anything. 

To all my Brothers and Sisters out there, let your hard work show for itself. Day in and day out, through your actions down to your Sailors! They're your reflection.

Guest OS1/CCC

Big week ahead. Good luck all SBE's! Heart started racing when i read this post. lol

2 hours ago, Surf AT said:

CMC just called in eleven First Classes to her office. All were SBE.

Guest paperwarfare

Cheers to my first post!!

It sure is quite at my command today.                          

Guest CWO2 RRP 782X
Just now, paperwarfare said:

Cheers to my first post!!

It sure is quite at my command today.                          

Welcome to the party! And yes, the quiet is the calm before the storm!!! Hope everyone was able to take advantage of this weekend!!!

Guest paperwarfare
Just now, IT_uno said:

Welcome to the party! And yes, the quiet is the calm before the storm!!! Hope everyone was able to take advantage of this weekend!!!

THANKS!! I don't remember it being so quite at the command last year.  Or maybe I wasn't paying as much attention as I am this year.

Guest TheCareerCounselor
10 hours ago, OS(SW/EXW/IDW) said:

I read all of the forums and was glad that I submitted it. I second guessed myself prior to putting one in and was actually approaching my Chief and Departmental Chief about possibly getting a special eval written instead of submitting all of my enclosures because while they will see that I haven't been on sea duty for 5 years, they would see that I came to a ship, became the LPO and took charge in leading a division of 20 personnel who were very successful while we were deployed.

This was the first year I submitted one as I've always followed the rule to only submit items not in your record. However, one of my mentors told me, "What's the worst that can happen? If they don't want to use it, they won't. But if it's something they like to use to assist them, then it's there." So, I submitted one in my package. It won't hurt and if it's wanted it's used. 

Guest aaronarf
21 hours ago, HawkISback said:

Those Afghanistan tours were some of my best professional memories, the commands I worked for all played a huge role in the country.  Granted the place is not exactly top five travel destination, they aided terrorists that killed innocent people and anything I as a communicator can do to make them pay I am down.  I would go back tomorrow if I could, especially now that they are getting after ISIS there.  

Another dirt sailor in a sea going rate, I whole heartedly agree....I'd go back to Afghanistan any day - any time.  Four times to Afghan and one to Africa so far.  I also agree with your other posts many people believe that you are "dodging" sea duty by taking an IA or a challenging "EXW" style Type 2 Sea duty, even though in my opinion being on a ship is skate after doing a DDG tour prior to Expeditionary.  I had the opportunity to go recruiting for LS's at one of my special duty commands, went to every ship on the waterfront in San Diego and the LSCS/LSCM's...were all like "oh that's skate duty right?"  I do think with predominately sea going rates there is a bias against abnormal career paths and the lack of understanding of what really is involved by the majority of blue water folks.  Hopefully these communities can garner more recognition with participation of those leaders who have experience in these style duties volunteering to sit a selection board....really not many EXW/SCW/FMF qualified board members on the supply side I've seen looking over past membership.   

Second time SBE here...anxiously awaiting results like the rest of you.

Guest OldSalt
1 hour ago, Tony said:

Into the valley of death, rode the 600...

:5427:
(I don't have a horse)

Carrier Summary pages to the left of them! Quotas to the right of them! Release Dates in front of them! On rode the 600!

Just now, OneLastDance said:

Carrier Summary pages to the left of them! Quotas to the right of them! Release Dates in front of them! On rode the 600!

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

And hoping that the release dates is today. Eager to see some great 1st classes make it!

Guest NavyChic
3 hours ago, AGatSEA said:

My Chief pulled me aside and whispered that the CMC put out to the CPO mess that results would be out the 5th. Take that for what it's worth.

I also heared Friday the 5th as well

Guest OldSalt
12 minutes ago, NavyChic said:

I also heared Friday the 5th as well

Been hearing here and there some of the same grumblings. Some are Thursday, some Friday. I am just taking it all as a communal guess of No Later Than dates. Still thinking TRIAD Wednesday, public Thursday.

Guest HawkISback
1 hour ago, aaronarf said:

Another dirt sailor in a sea going rate, I whole heartedly agree....I'd go back to Afghanistan any day - any time.  Four times to Afghan and one to Africa so far.  I also agree with your other posts many people believe that you are "dodging" sea duty by taking an IA or a challenging "EXW" style Type 2 Sea duty, even though in my opinion being on a ship is skate after doing a DDG tour prior to Expeditionary.  I had the opportunity to go recruiting for LS's at one of my special duty commands, went to every ship on the waterfront in San Diego and the LSCS/LSCM's...were all like "oh that's skate duty right?"  I do think with predominately sea going rates there is a bias against abnormal career paths and the lack of understanding of what really is involved by the majority of blue water folks.  Hopefully these communities can garner more recognition with participation of those leaders who have experience in these style duties volunteering to sit a selection board....really not many EXW/SCW/FMF qualified board members on the supply side I've seen looking over past membership.   

Second time SBE here...anxiously awaiting results like the rest of you.

Yeah because taking IDF, convoy duty, VBIEDs, and tower duty is hiding lol. What part of the Stan were you on your tours?

Guest HawkISback
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Valid point @HawkISback, however, I can't agree with everything said here!
(I think :P)

Lol I tried to hide it. It was hung in my box, and wouldn't let me remove on my phone. 

Guest HawkISback

I'm hoping we don't have to wait till Friday.  Even if that means not having the weekend off from "events". I have that luncheon on Friday and I'm not trying to loose my cool in it.  BBb)

Just now, HawkISback said:

Lol I tried to hide it. It was hung in my box, and wouldn't let me remove on my phone. 

lol, I thought you did it intentionally to wake me up. Hilarious! 

By the way, what you described is part of the caching issue with this forum - no worries. 

Guest HawkISback
Just now, Tony said:

lol, I thought you did it intentionally to wake me up. Hilarious! 

By the way, what you described is part of the caching issue with this forum - no worries. 

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your website.  See I'm a qualified IT.  Select now!

Guest Blankslate

Hey @Tony I think the server needs coffee cause I was having the same issue only it wouldn't even let me type, just quote a blank box of the last person who I'd quoted.