FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest charlesb

0845 CDT and nothing yet.

So, just for fun, what do you all think the quotas for your rates will be?

I'm MU Group 2.  Last year, we made 3, which was about 9% opportunity.  If that holds, we'll make 4 this year, but since we're facing cutbacks, I'm putting our over/under at 2.

This is my last look, so fingers crossed!  I HYT in October, so it's down to the wire.  BBb)

MU1

Guest Msduval2u

So glad I'm on the west coast. By the time I head for lunch, they should have released some info for the board.

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

Does anyone here see any sort of correlation between the Senior Chief Quotas and the Chief Quotas?  For example, last year they made 11 ISCS's this year they made 18.  The percentage for ISC last year was around 24%.  Would one expect to see the Chief Quotas trend in the same direction?  I know this is not the only determining factor, but thought it could maybe be an indicator...Thoughts?

Guest PSjg78

So anybody think we get quotas today? I think we will be lucky to get them tomorrow with Wednesday being the more likely day. thoughts?

Our FTS/Reserve quotos came out the next day after the board convened.... its SHOWTIME ladies and gents.... Good luck !!!! Im anxiously waiting on the FTS results can be any day now....

Does anyone here see any sort of correlation between the Senior Chief Quotas and the Chief Quotas?  For example, last year they made 11 ISCS's this year they made 18.  The percentage for ISC last year was around 24%.  Would one expect to see the Chief Quotas trend in the same direction?  I know this is not the only determining factor, but thought it could maybe be an indicator...Thoughts?

I used to go off that same logic but some years its so different. For instance last year they made 3 Master Chiefs and a ton of Seniors. This year they made 3 Master Chiefs and about 20 less Seniors. I'm really scared that the quotas will not be as good.

Guest amcreed

Our FTS/Reserve quotos came out the next day after the board convened.... its SHOWTIME ladies and gents.... Good luck !!!! Im anxiously waiting on the FTS results can be any day now....

I'm thinking they will be out tomorrow for sure.  It is showtime folks.  Your fate is not in your hands any more.  It's up to those salty old wise MCs to decide if you have what it takes.

Guest FTS(PS)

If you go to NPC and look at your rate overview, it will pretty much tell you how many they will make each cycle.  I myself am not good at reading those things, but my NC1 here is and he is usually spot on each time he makes a prediction.  He called 15-17 for us this time and we are making 15.....I now trust his knowledge..lol

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

If you go to NPC and look at your rate overview, it will pretty much tell you how many they will make each cycle.  I myself am not good at reading those things, but my NC1 here is and he is usually spot on each time he makes a prediction.  He called 15-17 for us this time and we are making 15.....I now trust his knowledge..lol

NPC is difficult to read for the IS rating.  Last year 11 Senior Chiefs were pinned and I want to say 60-ish Chiefs.  Clearly I am being extremely hopeful that the 18 Senior Chief's this year translate into nearly 50 percent to Chief.  I know it's wishful thinking but, FINGERS CROSSED!!

Guest amcreed

NPC is difficult to read for the IS rating.  Last year 11 Senior Chiefs were pinned and I want to say 60-ish Chiefs.  Clearly I am being extremely hopeful that the 18 Senior Chief's this year translate into nearly 50 percent to Chief.  I know it's wishful thinking but, FINGERS CROSSED!!

It's difficult to read for every rating.  You can only really guestimate based on how many seniors advanced, how many CPOs are required for the new FY, and how many CPOs are going to retire.

Guest TM1(SS) 755

For TM's (MMWC) its looking like there are 14 billets available and based on E-8 and E-9 #'s they are filling to 100% manned and thats it.

Guest amcreed

For TM's (MMWC) its looking like there are 14 billets available and based on E-8 and E-9 #'s they are filling to 100% manned and thats it.

You have to add in the E-8s that left and give an estimate of who is going to retire.  You have to remember, CPOs hit high year tenure at 24 so anyone that enlisted in 91 is going to open up a quota, also there are always those retiring at 21, 22, and 23.  You have to look at the graph and do a percentage range guestimate of who is going to retire, add that in with the Senior Chief advancements, and then FY15 required inventory - actual inventory.  That will give you a good rough guess.  I'm guessing 7-12% CPO inventory retirement in my rating.  Might be less, but might be more.  I just don't know.

After the “Battle of the Bulge”, it was determined that veterans of that war, who had forum profile pictures, were ten times more likely to lead a successful life, not worry about PRTs, and become mega millionaires!

This factoid has been brought to you by NavyAdvancement.com!

:128_19:

Guest Msduval2u

After the “Battle of the Bulge”, it was determined that veterans of that war, who had forum profile pictures, were ten times more likely to lead a successful life, not worry about PRTs, and become mega millionaires!

This factoid has been brought to you by NavyAdvancement.com!

:128_19:

YES! I'm in there! Lol

Guest amcreed

trying to find the rate over view on NPC 

From a quick look, the OS slide updated since SCPO results posted.  Their are 531 in inventory right now and you need 613 for FY15 .  So 82 quotas without even factoring in CPOs retiring.  Looks like a bunch of OSCs will be retiring this year too.  Looking good for quotas!

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

From a quick look, the OS slide updated since SCPO results posted.  Their are 531 in inventory right now and you need 613 for FY15 .  So 82 quotas without even factoring in CPOs retiring.  Looks like a bunch of OSCs will be retiring this year too.  Looking good for quotas!

How can you tell how many Chiefs are retiring within a specific rate?

Guest amcreed

I'm just ready for these quotas to come out and more importantly, I want to see who is sitting the board.  Make sure I didn't piss any of those guys off in my career at all.....