FY16 SCPO Selection Board Results

Guest RedOrdieRanger92

Good morning and GOOD LUCK to everyone here.  I'm going to say 03 June will be when we will hear about the results. Again, the very best to all of us this year!

Guest FMFman

So my useless opinion would be the week after Memorial weekend.  There has not been any talk about any problems so as long as everything stays smooth with the results it could happen.  Standing by to stand by!!    

have they released two results on the same day before? 

Looking back over the last few years, the first week of June is on track I think

Guest MercuryFE

The true question is how long does it take for the message to release after the board is out.  They've been out since the 8th correct?

I do find it frustrating that it cant possibly take that long to approve a message however, from an ADMIN perspective I am sure there is a stack that needs approval by the CNO and those results are in that stack somewheres!

Guest tomahawker1332

Yes, a few years back they released the E4-E6 results with the E8 ones. But it takes so long... don't they have to check the records for NJPs, security clearances, DUIs, PFA failures, etc... before they release the final results?

Guest HawaiiETC

Quick question somebody in here may be able to help a brother out with...BLUF: received a not so good write up in my transfer fitrep a year ago...obviously it will affect my chances for 8, but how long will it be reviewed by the board? Is it the usual "5 year" wait like anything else negative in my record?

Thanks.

Guest FMFman

Quick question somebody in here may be able to help a brother out with...BLUF: received a not so good write up in my transfer fitrep a year ago...obviously it will affect my chances for 8, but how long will it be reviewed by the board? Is it the usual "5 year" wait like anything else negative in my record?

Thanks.

Everything that I have been told from those that have sat the board directs me to a yes answer.  5 Years to the day.  If you think you can rebut the eval then it is advised to so.  Just do it without sounding like someone pissed in your Cheerios and you don't like it.  Factual statement.  Hope this helps!

Guest SleeperHit2

Thanks.

FWIW, I showed up in COMPACFLT with a transfer MP eval; the subsequent evals were P then an EP to tack on E8.   It isn't a death sentence if the write-ups are soild and you're doing the right things.   Hope you get selected!

Guest SleeperHit2

The true question is how long does it take for the message to release after the board is out.  They've been out since the 8th correct?

An E9 who sat two boards told me, 3 weeks after they finished the board; the timetable of  May 26th- June 3rd sounds right. Hope you get selected!

Guest FMFman

An E9 who sat two boards told me, 3 weeks after they finished the board; the timetable of  May 26th- June 3rd sounds right. Hope you get selected!

Good Gouge!  thanks! 

I also conur with your last statement, the marks have negligible effects as long as the write-up is solid.

Guest HawaiiETC

Everything that I have been told from those that have sat the board directs me to a yes answer.  5 Years to the day.  If you think you can rebut the eval then it is advised to so.  Just do it without sounding like someone pissed in your Cheerios and you don't like it.  Factual statement.  Hope this helps!

The FITREP was submitted with a statement of facts, not really a whoa is me letter so we will see...thanks for the help.

Guest HawaiiETC

Good Gouge!  thanks! 

I also conur with your last statement, the marks have negligible effects as long as the write-up is solid.

Unfortunately for me it was the other way around...Satisfactory marks, but the write up was far from solid...thanks for the advice tho!

Not to throw more confusion in the mix, I have heard two different thought processes/opinions from two different MCPO's that have sat boards (recent):

1. Marks mean nothing as long as your write up is solid.

2. A combination of everything is paramount, marks, ranking of some sorts, and a solid write up.

Thus the reason I say opinion, because unfortunately I think that is a major factor in the board process...as seen above. Two MCPO's who both sit boards, two different standards.....

Guest mrhpsn

My 4-day weekend is about up here in Japan, so in a couple days I'm gonna be parked on this site full time hoping to get my "S". Good luck to all. Hopefully we see something good to end the week.

Guest FMFman

Funny to see the chatter becoming greater as we get closer to the results being posted.  I fully concur with MercuryFE.  

So the question is, will they be this week or next?  Will the powers of the almighty "twin screws" grant us the first step in joining them in the star chamber?  Ha!

Well we will see?   Good luck to everyone up.

Guest YNSS

Funny to see the chatter becoming greater as we get closer to the results being posted.  I fully concur with MercuryFE.  

So the question is, will they be this week or next?  Will the powers of the almighty "twin screws" grant us the first step in joining them in the star chamber?  Ha!

Well we will see?   Good luck to everyone up.

I am going to go with this Thursday, if that doesnt happen, just going to have to wait it out another weekend.  However it would be great to get the "S" right before my birthday!

I am going to go with this Thursday, if that doesnt happen, just going to have to wait it out another weekend.  However it would be great to get the "S" right before my birthday!

Pre-Birthday Congratulations!  Hopefully a double congrats!

Guest THATstarISmine

concur

Guest THATstarISmine

Good Gouge!  thanks! 

3 weeks from May 8th  = Friday May 29th ( they aint going to release on a Friday)

3 weeks from May 11th= June third

My mentor said this week but i'm hardheaded and going with another week of waiting.