Jump to content

FY 24 CPO (E7) Selection Board


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SandSailor said:

So..........I used to contribute on this board a year or two ago, but I guess if you let your acct go idle for too long, it is deleted.

My log in/screen name was OS1(SW/EXW)  but guess what??!!??

 

Somehow, and I can't wrap my head around it just yet, I was selected this cycle.

I will hit 20yrs next month and had pretty much resigned myself to doing just over my 20 and tapping out. But alas, I guess I will have to re-enlist for another 4yrs to make sure my high-3 is at E-7.

Do I feel lucky and blessed?!? Oh heck yeah I do!

Well congratulations on that, talk about razor's edge. Yea the accounts are deleted after about two years when someone has no activity and no posts. I do remember you though so thank you for joining back up. With regard to quotas, it would be nice if the Navy gave some feedback on what areas Sailors are lacking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"it would be nice if the Navy gave some feedback on what areas Sailors are lacking. "

 

this was my major rant in the older threads. Every year that you make board, you hear "this is your year", then when you don't get picked up, no feedback on why. 

were you missing something? was there an ADMIN error in your record? gaps that you missed? NEC that you need?

TBH, I haven't changed anything in my record, submitted a few things in my package, nothing super, yet was picked up. Even a CMC that I am friends with just laughed and said, "guess it was your time"...

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SandSailor said:

"it would be nice if the Navy gave some feedback on what areas Sailors are lacking. "

 

this was my major rant in the older threads. Every year that you make board, you hear "this is your year", then when you don't get picked up, no feedback on why. 

were you missing something? was there an ADMIN error in your record? gaps that you missed? NEC that you need?

TBH, I haven't changed anything in my record, submitted a few things in my package, nothing super, yet was picked up. Even a CMC that I am friends with just laughed and said, "guess it was your time"...

I agree with you, I think sometimes it just comes down to timing. I finally got the S after being an HM1 for nearly 8 years. I was so busy this spring finishing up my Masters, including my almost 70-page Thesis (that was part of my MDiv 😅), that I failed to even submit a package. My third NAM (out of 4) isn’t in my OMPF but is listed on my evals. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be selected because of that blemish. But, I guess my package overall was strong enough to carry me through. You hear so many things Sailors “must do” to be selected, and while it’s great advice, there is no secret sauce or perfect recipe to make Chief. The hard part is that this makes it very confusing when not selected because no feedback is ever given (directly from the Board members of a given Chiefs board from that specific year). 

  • Like 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Doc Eb said:

I agree with you, I think sometimes it just comes down to timing. I finally got the S after being an HM1 for nearly 8 years. I was so busy this spring finishing up my Masters, including my almost 70-page Thesis (that was part of my MDiv 😅), that I failed to even submit a package. My third NAM (out of 4) isn’t in my OMPF but is listed on my evals. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be selected because of that blemish. But, I guess my package overall was strong enough to carry me through. You hear so many things Sailors “must do” to be selected, and while it’s great advice, there is no secret sauce or perfect recipe to make Chief. The hard part is that this makes it very confusing when not selected because no feedback is ever given (directly from the Board members of a given Chiefs board from that specific year). 

I definitely agree, something is better than nothing because everything is so vague l. But I guess that’s how it is as the requirements change every year from what I was told it is not as clear cut and easy. But I just wish that I could get a ballpark idea of how to best tackle it. But I guess that defeats the fun and the purpose.🤷🏾🤷🏾

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly enough, I met with our Master Chief today and told him exactly what we are talking about here. 

He said that non-selectees should contact the board members and ask them what stopped them from making it...I have NEVER had someone tell me to reach out to members of a recently adjourned board before. Makes sense, but this one was a new one to me.

Of course I would have done so before, but thought that was an unspoken "off limits".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SandSailor said:

Interestingly enough, I met with our Master Chief today and told him exactly what we are talking about here. 

He said that non-selectees should contact the board members and ask them what stopped them from making it...I have NEVER had someone tell me to reach out to members of a recently adjourned board before. Makes sense, but this one was a new one to me.

Of course I would have done so before, but thought that was an unspoken "off limits".

I have done this and was chewed out by a member of a board that gave me the “Non-Select.” I guess it depends on the person. They also don’t provide phone numbers and emails. Lol. I guess it might help if you know someone who sat the board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SandSailor said:

Interestingly enough, I met with our Master Chief today and told him exactly what we are talking about here. 

He said that non-selectees should contact the board members and ask them what stopped them from making it...I have NEVER had someone tell me to reach out to members of a recently adjourned board before. Makes sense, but this one was a new one to me.

Of course I would have done so before, but thought that was an unspoken "off limits".

I have done this and I didn’t got no response. We share a mutual friend so I reached out. I think depends on the person or rate. I did have few people who sat on board and just gave me advice, not in my rate. Right now waiting for AC results giving me anxiety. Felt like this might be it but had the same feeling last year and didnt make it. 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChristianSubmariner said:

Congrats on keeping the faith at 19yrs. I'm at 16 and submitting my papers at 18, regardless of the outcome. Some can keep at it, some like myself are done.

The 4-500/month extra in retirement is less valuable than freedom IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2023 at 6:05 PM, ChristianSubmariner said:

Congrats on keeping the faith at 19yrs. I'm at 16 and submitting my papers at 18, regardless of the outcome. Some can keep at it, some like myself are done.

I’m gonna be like you in few years if i dont get it this year and the next that follows. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2023 at 9:05 PM, OSC4ever said:

What going everyone... long time member... time is getting close, time for those fourm to pick up

Yes, it is very suspenseful but I am waiting eagerly. Next week fate will be delivered to us all and then the season will begin. 

  • Spot On! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guest Anonymous said:

August 21st still the “unofficial” official date? Any possibility of results this week? 

It’s not unofficial. That’s the exact date they’ll be released on for Active Duty- 21 August. 

  • Like 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DocMix said:

The official announcement of the results timeline has to be coming today right?!?

Hopefully there is an update. Doc Eb had posted the timeline July 27 and said he couldn't verify its validity. So I made a timeline post with the confirmed part and pending part.

The Reserve validated their portion with an announcement but no update came from the Active side so I left it as pending but Doc Eb was spot on with the Reserve dates. As a note I just saw his last post that 21 Aug is official.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That message came from the MCPON, but I had doubted that it was genuine because Monday seemed like a weird day for results. Typically results are delivered to the Triad on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Turns out, it was legit. Also, season starts the 21st, which is the day the AD results come out. Now as a TAR Chief Select, we are in an admin period until the 21st. It’s say it’s definitely verified at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Alrighty then, I will change the post from pending to confirmed.

My Navy HR just confirmed release dates via Facebook. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2023 at 12:15 PM, Doc Eb said:

That message came from the MCPON, but I had doubted that it was genuine because Monday seemed like a weird day for results. Typically results are delivered to the Triad on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Turns out, it was legit. Also, season starts the 21st, which is the day the AD results come out. Now as a TAR Chief Select, we are in an admin period until the 21st. It’s say it’s definitely verified at this point. 

Still 11am I’m guessing? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Goodluck to all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FisherHook said:

Still 11am I’m guessing? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Goodluck to all!

Unfortunately NAVADMIN releases are not as structured as they use to be before Covid so it could be release at any time on the 22nd of August which is the public release. TRIAD will get it on the 21st. 11:00 Eastern is still the best time to look though.

And speaking of releasing  message traffic helter skelter, I made a post on that topic appealing to big Navy about that. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Unfortunately NAVADMIN releases are not as structured as they use to be before Covid so it could be release at any time on the 22nd of August which is the public release. TRIAD will get it on the 21st. 11:00 Eastern is still the best time to look though.

And speaking of releasing  message traffic helter skelter, I made a post on that topic appealing to big Navy about that. 😁

Okay. will standby. Thank you for keeping us updated. 

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FisherHook said:

Still 11am I’m guessing? I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight. Goodluck to all!

My CSEL told us on Friday that results are expected to be released to triads at 11a EST tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 🧧 Activity Stream

    1. 0

      More Democrats targeting Navy Federal over discriminatory practices allegations

    2. 0

      Navy Pins First Robotics Warfare Specialist

    3. 0

      CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS FOURTH QUARTER FY23 GOLD DISK AWARDEES

×
×
  • Create New...
Forum Home
www.NavyAdvancement.com
Boots | Navy Patches
Serving enlisted, veterans, spouses & family